Going to order a pre-cut system.... a few questions

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I'm planning to order a precut ultra thin skin system from Superhairpieces or Lavivid. With my last two systems, I got stock systems and took them to the salon for a cut in. This time I want to get a pre-cut and see how I get on; I'm still at the experimentation phase with systems so I won't mind too much if it's not as good as my salon cut in systems. Pre-cut means that I am specifying my base size and haircut (probably going with the shortest option).

1. I measured the size that I need for the base but I am worried that I didn't measure quite right, so I might add 0.5-1 inches. If I order pre cut base and haircut and the base is too large, would the haircut be screwed up by me cutting the base down to size (because my stylist leaves the hair around the perimeter super long... would I be cutting this off when I cut down the base?)

2. Will the hairline area be wider so that it can connect properly to my receded temples? See the attached photo of my base after being cut in at a salon. See how the base at the hairline (at the right) is kept very wide. It needs to be that wide to just hit my receded temples. They don't cut the base at the hairline do they?

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_224623.jpg
    IMG_20220429_224623.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 125

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had my base cut by two methods, by giving them measurement and by sending a template, and they are completely different and the template is the best choice here.
I have done the mistake of sending shorter length and width and it was very tough making it work.
They cut the base throughout, the width is the same from the front to the back.

About the hair cut, I would advise against it. I’m a beginner too and still don’t know what hairstyles that would be best suited to my face, so my best bet is to have the default length, then would cut it down over time until I see what fits.
Secondly, longer hairstyles give you more opportunities to cover the hairline if for some reason you didn’t do it that well.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I have had my base cut by two methods, by giving them measurement and by sending a template, and they are completely different and the template is the best choice here.
I have done the mistake of sending shorter length and width and it was very tough making it work.
They cut the base throughout, the width is the same from the front to the back.

About the hair cut, I would advise against it. I’m a beginner too and still don’t know what hairstyles that would be best suited to my face, so my best bet is to have the default length, then would cut it down over time until I see what fits.
Secondly, longer hairstyles give you more opportunities to cover the hairline if for some reason you didn’t do it that well.

I see. Then I think that I should either send in the template or order bigger and expect to cut the system down to my template myself. Whatever they do, I want to be sure that they don't mess with the system's default hairline so maybe it's best to get the default template and haircut only? But then I have to think about whether only the hair near the perimeter of the template will be left long.

I have two systems already that have been cut in at a salon. The latest one is 3 inches long and I find it still a bit longer than I'd like. The shortest available on the online store is 2 inches which is shown here (this person cut it themselves). Seems fine. I basically want to get around the cost of the cut in, which is the most expensive component of a new hair system for me.

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only ordered pre-cut one time and it came looking like it had been cut with a hedge clipper - i never tried it since. Would be very interested if others had gotten a better result and whether the style you seek makes a difference.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Sounds like I should go to the cheapest place I can to for a cut in rather than ordering pre cut. The YouTube people with pre cut systems look good but maybe it doesn't always come out like that.

RustyBoomstick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remotely cut in hair systems have been done badly for me in the past. Over the lockdowns of 2020 that unfortunately was the only way.

Way too short in places,rendering the system good for the bin as the base edge was exposed.
Or not at all and I paid for their service they didn't do. Basically a scam.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always have a piece cut in at a salon near me. I tried precut services before and did not how it turned out at all.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Having never needed a piece to be cut I am intrigued about how it works.

Do you just phone them and say I wear a wig can I have my wig cut at your salon?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Having never needed a piece to be cut I am intrigued about how it works.

Do you just phone them and say I wear a wig can I have my wig cut at your salon?
I think that this is an option and would work out the cheapest. But I don't have full confidence in them unless they have cut men's hair systems before. Not a long hair wig but a short cut for a man. So for me, so far I have gone to salons that offer hair systems. I just bring my fresh system in and pay for a cut in. It's kind of expensive because they want to motivate you to buy your unit from the salon but it's peace of mind that firstly you know exactly the specifications of the unit because you ordered it and secondly you got it cut in by a professional who deals with these things.

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that this is an option and would work out the cheapest. But I don't have full confidence in them unless they have cut men's hair systems before. Not a long hair wig but a short cut for a man. So for me, so far I have gone to salons that offer hair systems. I just bring my fresh system in and pay for a cut in. It's kind of expensive because they want to motivate you to buy your unit from the salon but it's peace of mind that firstly you know exactly the specifications of the unit because you ordered it and secondly you got it cut in by a professional who deals with these things.
There is only one hair salon in my area, and they completely refuse any kind of service unless you buy their own hair system, that is in color 1, and has a mix of synthetic and human hair, with no thought about hair distribution.
So they made it clear to me what to do.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? Why dont you go f*** some hot men with bubble butts instead? And suck a good Hard big Dick... Mmmmm makes me drool... Nothing beats a hard dick my friend. I should come visit you and give you some a*** love. Then you Will feel loved again.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please let us know how it all turns out for you. I am very interested in trying a precut system to save trip to salon.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So do you attach the system before you go?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
The guy in this video says at the beginning that it was pre cut by lavivid. I think that looks pretty good doesn't it?