Going To My Doctor To Get Prescribed Dutasteride

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. In about 3 hours I’m going to my doctor to check out my blood results (dht, test, estrogen, prolactin) which should be interesting. At the same time, I’m going to ask for dutasteride because after 6 months of finasteride I’ve continued to thin miserably, and I don’t want to wait another 6. I have 0 sides so I’m willing to switch to the stronger stuff.

My question is how is it normally taken for hair loss? I’ve seen some people take .5mg ED, EOD, and even twice a week.

Should I use it in conjunction with finasteride?

Any other info would be great before I go into the office. She doesn’t know sh*t about hair loss but she’s very liberal with prescriptions. If I convince her of my knowledge my odds would be even better.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. In about 3 hours I’m going to my doctor to check out my blood results (dht, test, estrogen, prolactin) which should be interesting. At the same time, I’m going to ask for dutasteride because after 6 months of finasteride I’ve continued to thin miserably, and I don’t want to wait another 6. I have 0 sides so I’m willing to switch to the stronger stuff.

My question is how is it normally taken for hair loss? I’ve seen some people take .5mg ED, EOD, and even twice a week.

Should I use it in conjunction with finasteride?

Any other info would be great before I go into the office. She doesn’t know sh*t about hair loss but she’s very liberal with prescriptions. If I convince her of my knowledge my odds would be even better.
what country do you live in?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
US. Any tips though? I’m leaving in like 2 hours. I need to know what to say

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so my doctor seemed open to the idea of prescribing me dutasteride but she won’t prescribe both dutasteride and finasteride at the same time. I’m not sure if I’d like to completely switch to dutasteride because I’ve read it would take some time to start working. Also, my lab results came in and my DHT is absolutely nuked so at this point idk if dutasteride would be of much benefit. I’m going to post my lab results in my main thread.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, my doctor is actually smart. She explained the difference between serum dht and dht in the scalp which is more than you can hope for in a normal family doctor.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was joking. You said you had 0 sides on finasteride. No shed, loss of libedo, watery semen?
Maybe watery semen, but I had that before too. Had a varicocele that can cause you to be sterile. Since I got the surgery, I don’t jozz much and it’s shitty consistency. I may have been sterile since the getgo but I try not to think about it. I don’t know if it’s changed.

I’ve been consistently shedding though since getting on. My hair is way worse now than six months ago. Not sure if it’s finasteride or shitty genes, I’m not willing to take a chance though.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe watery semen, but I had that before too. Had a varicocele that can cause you to be sterile. Since I got the surgery, I don’t jozz much and it’s shitty consistency. I may have been sterile since the getgo but I try not to think about it. I don’t know if it’s changed.

I’ve been consistently shedding though since getting on. My hair is way worse now than six months ago. Not sure if it’s finasteride or shitty genes, I’m not willing to take a chance though.
I'm about to follow in your footsteps. No improvement on finasteride (with estro and RU and min). This is really disappointing.

ljhsapphire0604

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so my doctor seemed open to the idea of prescribing me dutasteride but she won’t prescribe both dutasteride and finasteride at the same time. I’m not sure if I’d like to completely switch to dutasteride because I’ve read it would take some time to start working. Also, my lab results came in and my DHT is absolutely nuked so at this point idk if dutasteride would be of much benefit. I’m going to post my lab results in my main thread.
So you dht level is lower than the normal level? which means duta will not give you a good result.

I'm about to follow in your footsteps. No improvement on finasteride (with estro and RU and min). This is really disappointing.

So your topical estro doesnt work for you?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d recommend getting some blood work like I did. My dht is obliterated so I’m not sure if dutasteride would even help at this point

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you dht level is lower than the normal level? which means duta will not give you a good result.

My DHT is almost nonexistent. But this is with finasteride. I guess the finasteride is doing a great job at suppressing the DHT but for whatever reason my hair loss continues

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can't say that yet since it's only been less than a month, but I was still hoping to see something positive. I think Bridgeburn starting seeing positive changes after a month of estrogel and cyp.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My DHT is almost nonexistent. But this is with finasteride. I guess the finasteride is doing a great job at suppressing the DHT but for whatever reason my hair loss continues
What about scalp DHT as your Doctor mentioned? That could be much higher than your plasma DHT right?