Going To Have My Hair Transplant With Dr.keser Soon, Having A Few Questions.

headscratcher

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 29 yr-old guy living in the US, Norwood 2-3 with 1500-2000 grafts needed. This is gonna be my first surgery in my life(therefore a little anxious). Already booked my flight and appointment confirmed. But still have a few questions:

1.I searched on the forum on cases done by Dr.Keser, recently only very few ppl posted compared to other doctors. I'm kinda curious why?

2.I'm asked to bring all cash as payment, is this expected? I feel a little unsafe to bring so much cash with me in a foreign country. Is there another way?

3.Related to question 2, how's travel safety in Turkey now?

4.Any chance a post-op visit would be needed after my trip? Then I have to fly over again? Does it ever happen and how often?

Thanks a lot for help! I've learned so much from the forum.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Without having looked into it, it could be that only some transplant recipients start a post immediately and update regularly with pics...some like to only post when there is a visible change or there are concerning issues. Just the timing I guess...if he had consistent reviews in the past and no recent negative reviews, I probably wouldn't be too worried.
2. I suspect tax evasion.
3. Generally safe. General travelling cautions apply. Be more cautious when near crowded places and place populated by foreign visitors
4. Generally this would have been discussed with the clinic. Many are used to communicating via email/phone calls.

Last edited:

Smith93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finshed my transplant with Keser yesterday for 1700 grafts. I will do a write up about it on here in a few weeks.

1.I searched on the forum on cases done by Dr.Keser, recently only very few ppl posted compared to other doctors. I'm kinda curious why? I touched briefly on this, and he doesn't see masses of paitents as he does the whole procedure himself and takes his time on each paitent. My procedure was spread over 3 days for example. It was also mentioned that he dosn’t like to advertise for a surgical procedure as its seems unethical.

2.I'm asked to bring all cash as payment, is this expected? I feel a little unsafe to bring so much cash with me in a foreign country. Is there another way? I was a little skeptical about this also. But it seems to be fairly normal for transplants in turkey. I didn't feel comfortable carrying it everyday, so i gave it to the clinic on my first day to look after and as i didn't need as many grafts as expected they returned the excess cash to me.

3.Related to question 2, how's travel safety in Turkey now? Seems ok although i mostly stayed in my hotel.

4.Any chance a post-op visit would be needed after my trip? Then I have to fly over again? Does it ever happen and how often? I have been told to update them monthly with photos of my progress via WhatsApp. Im sure you could arrange a post op visit but unless you have any problems i imagine photo evaulation would be sufficent.