Going to get ripped.

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
protip: instructors know f*ck all.

Go to bodybuilding.com and read for a few days.

An instructor got me to where I am today. I guess you met every single one except mine. :dunno:

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Some are obviously better than others, just make sure theyve been to school/certified and some experience would be a plus

ali777

Reaction score
Good tips there dude....

I was going to say it as well, but I stopped myself... This guy in question needs to learn how to walk before he can run. He needs to start slow and forget about all those extreme diets. There is plenty of evidence out there to show that we don't need diet rich in protein. The fact is, his body will not use that sort of protein for a long time and the western diet has enough protein in it to supplement an ordinary person. Anything in excess is stored in the body as FAT.

Balanced diet and exercise is the key. Start slowly and build it up...

I also agree that it shouldn't feel like a chore. The first week is probably the hardest, but the rest is east. In my case, if I go running or do my resistance training, the next day my body is screaming out for more.

I used to be into cycling in the past, I haven't been on my bike for 3 years now. I just don't enjoy it anymore, I let my friends use my bike so that it doesn't get rusty :dunno: . Exercise shouldn't come to this point, it must be fun!!!

CCS

Reaction score
About eating a lot: you will know you need it when you feel hungry, and then the next day you can anticipate it and eat early before you get hungry. Do not cram food down if you are not hungry and feel stuffed.

About protein: I've seen studies showing you can only absorb 20g at once, and they were reliable studies. And the gram per pound is per pound of lean mass. If you are obese and weight 300 pounds, do not eat 300g of protein per day. Most 170 pound guys only need 150 grams of protein per day, and should eat it in 7 portions of about 22 grams per meal.

I'm really starting to think muscle groups need 2 days off for full recovery, so I do push muscles, pull muscles, then cardio, then one day off per week maybe for stretching. I'm getting stronger that way.

Finally, I don't even work my abs. I should, but I have not. I don't diet either. But just by having sugar and protein powder first thing in the morning, and 7 small meals per day, and then a small slow digesting meal right before bed, I now have a six pack, the very best six pack I've had in my life. Well, the bottom abs are not fully defined, but pretty close. Just shows that meal planning is the most important thing.

Get a little bit of protein, fat, carbs, fiber, and vegies at every meal, except when you first wake up and right after a workout, when you just need carbs and protein. You really got to be consistent with that and sleep, and do not drink a lot of water at once. You got to have a water bottle and sip it every 15 minutes. In the gym, do not hurt yourself. Do a reasonable workout, and if you are just consistent every week with all this you will get gains. It is when you are not consistent with something that you suffer. There is a maximum speed you can build muscle. If you try to go faster than that, you hurt yourself or tear yourself down instead of up.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no "best" diet for body building. It really just depends on what your looking for. If you want to get huge and lift large sums of weight, yes bulking is a must. If you just want to be fit and tuned, then can just go straight to cutting down your body fat % and maintain a healthy balanced diet.