Going through bad shed again...

JEDI PoodOO

Reaction score
I've been on Proscar for a little over a month now. I've been taking Rogaine for about 8 or 9 months. I also dye my hair every two to three months. As soon as I started taking Proscar, I started shedding like crazy. I am shedding almost as bad as I was when I first started Rogaine. I also dyed my hair when I started the Proscar...seems like I loose alot of hair when after I dye it. I'm hoping that I'm shedding for new, thicker hairs to grow and not from the dye.

Has anyone seen alot of shedding right after starting finesteride?

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Many, many people experience the same exact shedding you are, myself included. I'm a little over 2 months on finasteride, and have been shedding for about a month.

Give it time. With a bit of luck, the shedding will subside, and eventually your shed hair may grow back as thick as before, if not thicker. From what I've read, you've got a pretty good chance of this happening, depending on the severity of your hairloss. The most important thing is to be patient, and just stick with your regimen. The shedding/regrowth cycles could take many, many months before they balance out.

Good luck.