Going through a neverending Shed for 7 Months!! what do i do, HELP

massa

Banned
Reaction score
I started taking Propecia in late feb to stop my hair loss from receding but in the 7 months that ive been on it, all ive done is lose more hair and shed than what I was before. My hairline has taken I real hit ive gone from a non noticeable norwood 2 to having hair like Jude Law in such a short space of time its unbearable I don't even recognise myself anymore. Just washing my hair is such a painful experience now seeing so many hairs falling out. My question is I feel like ive been shedding since day 1 and no longer know how it feels not to shed, my hair looks terrible and I really need to know how much longer do I give this, cos at this rate I wont have a hairline in a few months, is this normal I know people on here say just ride it out but non stop shed for 7 months.... im really stuck on how to deal with this :sad:

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait a year or try dutasteride.
How old are you ?

theonelink

Reaction score
I started taking Propecia in late feb to stop my hair loss from receding but in the 7 months that ive been on it, all ive done is lose more hair and shed than what I was before. My hairline has taken I real hit ive gone from a non noticeable norwood 2 to having hair like Jude Law in such a short space of time its unbearable I don't even recognise myself anymore. Just washing my hair is such a painful experience now seeing so many hairs falling out. My question is I feel like ive been shedding since day 1 and no longer know how it feels not to shed, my hair looks terrible and I really need to know how much longer do I give this, cos at this rate I wont have a hairline in a few months, is this normal I know people on here say just ride it out but non stop shed for 7 months.... im really stuck on how to deal with this :sad:

I stopped shedding at 7 and a half months on propecia, I shed from day 1 too... one day I just saw no hairs in my hands when i washed and shampooed. At 10 months in now it's the same, I notice zero hairs when washing and very little when combing and styling.. I have long hair too. At 8 months I noticed some of the hair I lost in the shed coming through at the hairline corners, the annoying thing is these hairs will take ages to grow to the length of the rest of my hair, I'm hoping a year from now they will have grown in and provide a visual difference. My crown is filling in nicely too, it's almost completely covered. Give it more time, when it stops you'll feel so much better. I know how ****ty it feels to see hairs day after day in the shower. I'm no longer bothered about loss, my hair is stable now I want some regrowth!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you can stomach a shorter hair cut temporarily it can make a positive difference on the current impression of your hair density. It's an illusion, but a cheap and moderately effective one at that. Good luck.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
24, I see your on dutasteride know did finasteride not work for you?
Not exactly, I switched from finasteride to dutasteride after only two months, basically because I was hoping dutasteride would help me improve a skin condition (due to its 5ar1 inhibition properties), which it did.

I was asking about your age because young hair loss sufferers may have a higher sensitivity to DHT than men who start balding in their thirties or forties, which may explain your lack of results so far. That being said, you should wait at least a year to be sure before you consider taking a stronger anti-androgen.