Going off minoxidil after 15 years

rrbelloff

Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I have had it with minoxidil and am dumping it after 15 yrs. I use propecia daily and alternate Nizoral shampoo every other day. I also take MSM powder.

Any suggestions for replacing the minoxidil with something that has few to no side effects? I have used Folligen lotion in the past.

Thank you.

Reaction score
rrbelloff said:
Hi,

Well, I have had it with minoxidil and am dumping it after 15 yrs. I use propecia daily and alternate Nizoral shampoo every other day. I also take MSM powder.

Any suggestions for replacing the minoxidil with something that has few to no side effects? I have used Folligen lotion in the past.

Thank you.

Why is there suddenly a problem with it after 15 years? Just wondering.

rrbelloff

Reaction score
Developed headaches, dizziness, and eye pain. I am not willing to risk the chance that this is related to long term minoxidil and/or propolyne glycol toxcity. I have seen some research on PG toxcity with chronic use.

Safe than sorry. I am 62 and willing to lose a bit of hair if that is what it takes.

rrbelloff

Reaction score
Well, my regimine has worked fine, overall. The biggest impact was clearly from the propecia, which I added years after I was using minoxidil.

I have not tried the foam but have contemplated that.