going into the chemist to buy minoxidil

morpheus

Reaction score
I live in the UK, and my first bottle of minoxidil has almost run out, after almost 2 months, not bad going, but i havent ordered online, so im going to have to venture into the local chemist today...

i hate the though of it, hope its not busy, "regaine 5% please, yes I need it for a thining hair problem, yes ive used it before, just give it to me wrapped so people cant see what im buying" lmao

The Gardener

Reaction score
morpheus said:
I live in the UK, and my first bottle of minoxidil has almost run out, after almost 2 months, not bad going, but i havent ordered online, so im going to have to venture into the local chemist today...

i hate the though of it, hope its not busy, "regaine 5% please, yes I need it for a thining hair problem, yes ive used it before, just give it to me wrapped so people cant see what im buying" lmao

At least your chemist, at the very least, knows what minoxidil is. My nightmare is to have to buy it at a grocery store, and have to have it rung up at a busy checkstand with a long line of people waiting behind me... and then accidently pick up a package of it with an obscured bar code that the register won't scan... so the cashier has to get on the PA system and broadcast through the entire store "I need price check on Rogaine!" Everyone in the entire store, of course, looking to see which person at the register is the poor balding dude and whispering amongst themselves "hey, he uses rogaine".

morpheus

Reaction score
gee's yours sounds bad!
well i did the dead, the counter was empty, so i approached quickly, and asked for the elixir, then women and child sneak up behind me and stare, then the lady at the counter asked me questions i couldnt hear, so i answer yes, too many times,then ask her to put it in a bag, but she fusses around trying to scan it in, and i have the notes in my hand ready, she then puts itin a see through bag, and lifts it up high for everyone to see (large que by now, people with binoculars and search lights)i grab it quickly, and she takes a year to hand me 5p change, i can feel the glare of the que on my head, then i run off screaming "im an emotional retard' people quickly turn away then, scared of the wierdo running out of the shop
job done

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
well its a good thing you didnt make too much of a scene, ya know running out of the store screaming and all......

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
hey morpheus
Its expensive OTC in the UK, I realized that when my rogaine order was late and i had buy from the chemist 30 quid you can get 3 bottles sent from the US for that price
I find it more Embarrassing then buy a top shelf mag

The Gardener

Reaction score
kiwi1973 said:
hey morpheus
Its expensive OTC in the UK, I realized that when my rogaine order was late and i had buy from the chemist 30 quid you can get 3 bottles sent from the US for that price
I find it more Embarrassing then buy a top shelf mag

Are you f*****g kidding me? 30 pounds sterling for 1 bottle of Rogaine?!?

That is just plain wrong.

Note to self... next time I'm off to the UK, make SURE I bring enough minoxidil.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Are you f*****g kidding me? 30 pounds sterling for 1 bottle of Rogaine?!?

That is just plain wrong.

Fair to say that most things cost alot more in the UK than US and that hair loss treatments are a great example. It's insane that it'd be cheaper for me to buy a top of the range Jag from the US, and ship it over, when the car is made in Britain.

The Gardener said:
Note to self... next time I'm off to the UK, make SURE I bring enough minoxidil.
And plenty of money for Beer.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
shoping on the net is great for us guys in the UK,I hate to think how much it would cost for a years supply of finasteride and rogaine from the chemist here

The Internet is a great help in fighting hairloss

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
morpheus said:
gee's yours sounds bad!
well i did the dead, the counter was empty, so i approached quickly, and asked for the elixir, then women and child sneak up behind me and stare, then the lady at the counter asked me questions i couldnt hear, so i answer yes, too many times,then ask her to put it in a bag, but she fusses around trying to scan it in, and i have the notes in my hand ready, she then puts itin a see through bag, and lifts it up high for everyone to see (large que by now, people with binoculars and search lights)i grab it quickly, and she takes a year to hand me 5p change, i can feel the glare of the que on my head, then i run off screaming "im an emotional retard' people quickly turn away then, scared of the wierdo running out of the shop
job done

hahaha, great post :lol: