Going Grey

arjun17

Reaction score
correlation between going grey early and NOT going bald????

Hey everybody,
I once read that men with dark hair who lose their pigmentation (go grey) early in life usually don't go bald. Now that I think of it, I've seen quite a lot of middle-aged (around 45-55) men who don't have a single pigmented hair on their heads, but a head full of snow-white hair. Then again, many middle-aged men colour their hair, so I'm not sure whether the reverse is true.
White hair gives a somewhat fuller appearance than black or brown hair, - but being fully grey at 45 or 50 surely suggests early greying - most men with 'average' greying are about 50% or so grey by 50. (BTW, in my family, the only good thing about our thin crappy hair is that we have 'late' greying - my dad has less than 10% grey at 50, granddad had about 25% grey when he passed away at 77, from far it looked as if he still had fully dark hair)
Anyway, what do u all think of this idea?
Cheers,
arjun

The Gardener

Reaction score
Namaste, Arjun17. Good to have someone from India join us in this forum.

Unfortunately, I have the misfortune of both hair recession and greying. Now, I can't complain because I am definitely not completely bald, but the combination of the two is a real bummer.

Hey, being from India, what do you know of the Cipla company? It is becoming a popular source for less expensive finasteride for hairloss sufferers who now can purchase it over the www. They seem like an up and coming company, are they a respected company over there in India?

Cheers, Gard

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
johnogroats said:
I'm on Fo-ti, the Chinese herb. Any of you guys heard of this?

I'm 23 and have noticeable greying and so I'm pretty interested in these Copper peptides.

Cooincidentally, I just started on fo-ti at the beginning of the month. Too early for any significant report - but I figured what the hell? it's certainly inexpensive enough!

Here's where I got it.

http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Products/ ... 3674129005

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: correlation between going grey early and NOT going bald?

arjun17 said:
Hey everybody, I once read that men with dark hair who lose their pigmentation (go grey) early in life usually don't go bald. Now that I think of it, I've seen quite a lot of middle-aged (around 45-55) men who don't have a single pigmented hair on their heads, but a head full of snow-white hair.
My dad went bald AND grey early. If you ask me, it's just a misconception.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
johnogroats said:
I'm on Fo-ti, the Chinese herb. Any of you guys heard of this?

I'm 23 and have noticeable greying and so I'm pretty interested in these Copper peptides.

Cooincidentally, I just started on fo-ti at the beginning of the month. Too early for any significant report - but I figured what the hell? it's certainly inexpensive enough!

I just started taking faux-tea as well... It's called coffee.

Sorry, couldnt resist. What is fo-ti?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm really intersted in getting rid of gray (24 years old) that i have showing. Please keep us updates on the progress w/ melanocore. What is the scientific basis behind it does anyone know?

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
What would be the best product for dying a small handful of white hairs? I'm talking about, like, four of them total. Just something where I could paint those four hairs instead of pulling them out... (And why do I suddenly have eight white pubic hairs? Argh!)

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
ropcat said:
What would be the best product for dying a small handful of white hairs? I'm talking about, like, four of them total. Just something where I could paint those four hairs instead of pulling them out...

Hey, anyone got any advice on this? -- The "going grey" sh*t is the least of our problems (most of us, that is), but worth fixing for me, I suppose.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
> What would be the best product for dying a small handful of white hairs?

"Just for Men" makes a hair dye that's geared toward dying only your mustache, beard and sideburns. Get that.

It comes w/ a mini toothbrush that you can use to get only those few hairs you want to get.

Plus - w/ this stuff - you can cap it up for future use after you open it.

chas

Reaction score
I looked around and the best value all round that I found was from here:

http://www.calcompnutrition.com/melancor-order.html

Their unit price was cheaper than the others and their shipping charges were most reasonable compared to other sellers who seem to think that buyers outside of the US are nothing but milking cows when it comes to shipping charges.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Castor oil, and no not the stuff u put in ur engine...seriously, this works and it works fast...It's also great for hair loss and any kind of scalp condition.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: Melancor

henry294 said:
Does anyone know where i can get some melacor from? :lol:

If you go w/ melancor - make sure to come back and give us a report.

I would have tried it - but it's too pricey - plus it's received mixed reports on the forums.

I only ever heard of one positive review - and it was from someone whose father was using it - so even that wasn't a first-hand report.

The rest of the reviews have all been negative.

jpzss

Reaction score
Save your money on Melancor. I used it for almost a year and it didn't do crap. Can't believe I wasted my money on it. :evil:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
BTW - I was on fo-ti for 6 months and it didn't do anything for my grey.

(not to say it wouldn't help someone else - but it didn't do the trick for me).

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a grey spot (poliosis) on my hair. Does anyone know how to reverse this? I dont think its premature graying but simply a spot where the hair has turned completely white (loss of pigment). Its probably about 10-12 hairs in that area. Note that the rest of my hair is normal colored as it has always been (not salt and peppered). Its Not super noticeable but makes me mad since im only 20.

Anyone else had this?

Im gonna try a topical steroid my derm gave me to help it.

4um-facade

Reaction score
JesusFreak said:
Castor oil, and no not the stuff u put in ur engine...seriously, this works and it works fast...It's also great for hair loss and any kind of scalp condition.

I am a formulator and castor oil really DOES work to improve hair growth. We use it as a base for our Eyebrow Growth Formula and Soybean oil is especially helpful to grow nails.

What would any of you consider to be the biggest downside to your favorite hair growth product? For example: scent, takes too long/does not work, difficult to use/messy, etc.

Thanks in advance for any reply!
4um