Going From Partial To Full ? Plus Concealer Wearers..

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been wearing two partial hairline pieces for about a year or so. Really like the results - shaping of the face ; feel fresher/younger ; and a lot happier.

I'm defuse thinning too at the back of my head so I do occasionally use concealers to hide that, but they are a pain in the so and so... -eg getting the blend right, you can't lie down etc and then when you wash them out ,you need to go through the whole process again. I have a few bottles of concealer left so will use them up , but seriously considering switching to a full piece.

Anyhoos, has anyone got any tips/advice for making the plunge to a full cap? My only issue with wearing a full cap is that I don't particularly like glue - although it does stick a lot better than tape - but I think overall it be a lot less of hassle than 1/3 real hair 1/3 partial 1/3 concealer.

Also, concealer wearers? How do you manage to sleep/life a busy life with that stuff. I can afford to wear a cap at my work now and again but the times I have had to put it in daily, its been a pain.

Thanks again.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your partial hairline pieces and tell us more about your experience with them .. pros/cons and from where did you get them and if anyone detected that you are wearing them?

I am thinking abour doint the same for my hairline. I would thankful if you told us more.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a stock piece - with the intention of going for the full syrup - but realised I had still a fair amount of hair at the back/sides that I could afford to turn it into a partial. I cut the partial pieces myself (I'm basically NW3/4) so the partial pieces are used to fill in the sides a bit and I blend them in to my hair.

Never had an issue or anyone say anything, and I use tape as I have a fringe/bang. It works reasonably well, IMO but the main hassle is the concealers.

I do sports and often will wear a cap - never a great look tbh in the gym - but I still don't feel fully confident that concealers would run due to sweat.

If you are on the fence/unsure at NW3 stage then I'd recommend a partial piece as a stop gap.

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a stock piece - with the intention of going for the full syrup - but realised I had still a fair amount of hair at the back/sides that I could afford to turn it into a partial. I cut the partial pieces myself (I'm basically NW3/4) so the partial pieces are used to fill in the sides a bit and I blend them in to my hair.

Never had an issue or anyone say anything, and I use tape as I have a fringe/bang. It works reasonably well, IMO but the main hassle is the concealers.

I do sports and often will wear a cap - never a great look tbh in the gym - but I still don't feel fully confident that concealers would run due to sweat.

If you are on the fence/unsure at NW3 stage then I'd recommend a partial piece as a stop gap.

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the reply. You cut it by yourself? Interesting!
Here is my hairline. I don't like it especially under the sun. Do you think a partial would work for me without shaving or damaging my current hairline?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190102-233904_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190102-233904_Gallery.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 335

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. You cut it by yourself? Interesting!
Here is my hairline. I don't like it especially under the sun. Do you think a partial would work for me without shaving or damaging my current hairline?

If you are talking about a partial, to fix your current hairline, you will need to shave off the thinning area, plus a little further back for a good blend. I can't see you attaching anything in front of it, it would not look natural. You also cannot glue anything on top of it, it would also, not work. The whole idea of a good hairline is having the lace sink into the glue and disappear, that is the genius about doing lace front or all lace for a hair system.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your partial hairline pieces and tell us more about your experience with them .. pros/cons and from where did you get them and if anyone detected that you are wearing them?

I am thinking abour doint the same for my hairline. I would thankful if you told us more.

I second this .. Would be great if OP would share some pics to give us an idea of what a front partial looks like ?

How long before you need to reattach?

Does excessive sweating effect it’s hold?

I’ve been thinking of exploring this for a while.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been wearing two partial hairline pieces for about a year or so. Really like the results - shaping of the face ; feel fresher/younger ; and a lot happier.

I'm defuse thinning too at the back of my head so I do occasionally use concealers to hide that, but they are a pain in the so and so... -eg getting the blend right, you can't lie down etc and then when you wash them out ,you need to go through the whole process again. I have a few bottles of concealer left so will use them up , but seriously considering switching to a full piece.

Anyhoos, has anyone got any tips/advice for making the plunge to a full cap? My only issue with wearing a full cap is that I don't particularly like glue - although it does stick a lot better than tape - but I think overall it be a lot less of hassle than 1/3 real hair 1/3 partial 1/3 concealer.

Also, concealer wearers? How do you manage to sleep/life a busy life with that stuff. I can afford to wear a cap at my work now and again but the times I have had to put it in daily, its been a pain.

Thanks again.

1.You brought a lace or a poly stockj piece and cut it?

2. I have got a receeiding front, for now very good hair at top and back. I have thick black hair, and it is a bit greyish. Most stockpieces I saw, has finer hair. So my problems; The hair structure (1), colour including greyish (2), curl (3) and density.

Attachments

• 30.12.18 (Front) (2).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (2).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 30.12.18 (Front) (6).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (6).jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 247