Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if he's telling OP he has hair loss he definitely is not. what a garbage human being too, getting someone unnecessarily worried like that

You're a f*****g moron, and if you didn't see the pictures of the back of his head you're either willfully blind or an idiot.

There's clearly something going on with his skin, you're on ignore, you're some kind of gaslighting psychopath, you have no business on this forum.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I know of I’ve had just about everything imaginable tests except the autoimmune thing someone mentioned. I even had a full leaky gut etc. done for like 1000.00. Was fine.

I'm not here to stoke your worries, but here to provide you confirmation that you aren't crazy, something is amiss, your hairloss is very paradoxical, it's not concurrent with typical Androgenetic Alopecia, all I can say is there absolutely must be some kind of symptomatic cue that perhaps you're missing that you've gotten used to experiencing that you're not telling us that could give us more insight as to what is causing this.

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll toss my 2 cents. I have the same problems, diffuse hairloss with heavy inflammation/acne on scalp, triggered by a hormone altering medication. The only thing I have success with is very strong anti inflammatory meds, which I'm taking Otezla and Tofacitinib. I can guarantee OP's hairloss will stop with these meds, but it's a matter of risk to reward as they are very powerful. I'm currently looking for anti inflammatory meds that have a safer profile

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say this, it is probably best if he drops the HCG and GH - for now, it might cause another shed but unless there is a doctor verified need for HCG, I would say it's causing issues or simply not making things easier.

I really want to say that he does have something viral going on, understand that I've had mono/epstein barr and it can cause sores as well, not just herpes.

One thing I think he could do is take lysine, although don't take a sh*t ton, and lay off foods that are high in arginine, citrulline, etc.

I really wish I could do more, but the shedding on the temporal and back regions of your head are very very atypical for hairloss, that to me is more a sign that your body is being stressed in some way and whatever is causing it must be switched off in some way.

Lysine interrupts the replication of certain viruses, including epstein-barr, CMV and HSV, it's a good place to start at least, and if you're working out perhaps lay off the extremely intense workouts because you may be pushing your body beyond what it can cope with right now.

Oxidative stress is a byproduct of other stresses on the body, and it absolutely can lead to hair fall, the more you reduce oxidative stress both biologically and environmentally, the better off you'll be, just realize that OD'ing on antioxidants is not good either, it's a balance.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Environmental stressors and working out hard when your body is being taxed in some way that we are not fully aware of yet could be causing your oxidative stress levels to exceed your body's ability to compensate.

Normally your body does respond to workout related oxidative stress by increasing the production of antioxidants, but in the presence of anything else that might be keeping your body and/or immune system run down, that feedback loop might be broken.

My recommendation at best is

- chill out

- don't push your self too hard physically

If you can manage those two things, from there you can determine whether your inflammation is being caused by something viral or bacterial.

Those mouth sores are similar to what I have gotten when my EBV gets out of control although they're not HSV, I've been tested for that, and they don't have the characteristic itch the way HSV sores do. Viral syndromes can cause them, I think your body is just f*****g taxed dude, you're taxed and stressed, so just take some lysine, hydrate well, and f*****g chill bro.

Do your very best to not allow stress to get the better of you and limit your exercise to something that isn't causing mountains of oxidative stress.

Beyond that, if that does not accomplish at least something, you need to see about getting on betamethasone topical, but only after you rule out a bacterial infection, corticosteroids and bacterial infections don't go together so well, in fact corticosteroids can exacerbate them if you're not careful.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not here to stoke your worries, but here to provide you confirmation that you aren't crazy, something is amiss, your hairloss is very paradoxical, it's not concurrent with typical Androgenetic Alopecia, all I can say is there absolutely must be some kind of symptomatic cue that perhaps you're missing that you've gotten used to experiencing that you're not telling us that could give us more insight as to what is causing this.
Yeah honestly that why I’m framing the f*** out. If this was normal AA I’d deal with it. But what’s going on is not normal. The fact that Propecia didn’t slow the shedding after 1.5 years topical says a lot. I just haven’t been able to get answers despite throwing time and money at it. If I got a definitive male pattern baldness I’d deal with it but this is f*****g weird. Also, I can’t tell you how strong my hair was here years ago. Black ropes, I could barely get a brush through it was so thick at 40.

What type of doctor would test for Demox?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Environmental stressors and working out hard when your body is being taxed in some way that we are not fully aware of yet could be causing your oxidative stress levels to exceed your body's ability to compensate.

Normally your body does respond to workout related oxidative stress by increasing the production of antioxidants, but in the presence of anything else that might be keeping your body and/or immune system run down, that feedback loop might be broken.

My recommendation at best is

- chill out

- don't push your self too hard physically

If you can manage those two things, from there you can determine whether your inflammation is being caused by something viral or bacterial.

Those mouth sores are similar to what I have gotten when my EBV gets out of control although they're not HSV, I've been tested for that, and they don't have the characteristic itch the way HSV sores do. Viral syndromes can cause them, I think your body is just f*****g taxed dude, you're taxed and stressed, so just take some lysine, hydrate well, and f*****g chill bro.

Do your very best to not allow stress to get the better of you and limit your exercise to something that isn't causing mountains of oxidative stress.
I stopped Ironman training when this started. I was booked for an Ironman in Italy in 2017 that I skipped because I couldn’t do the pool anymore. I am not pushing myself at all these days. Lazy lifting strong but I try not to sweat so I can wash less. It’s fucked up.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and one last thing, as a footnote, in the odd event that you actually do

If you smoke marijuana, you absolutely need to f*****g stop, like right now and never go back.

Marijuana can cause acne and inflammation, it causes vasoconstriction which is absolutely f*****g terrible for hair growth because it restricts blood flow, and THC itself is proven to interfere with hair shaft elongation.

If you smoke mary jane, no more, no excuses.

Also THC is a "potent source of cellular oxidative stress"

That goes for the rest of you as well, if you're serious about getting your hair back, no more marijuana, it's f*****g poison for hair.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah honestly that why I’m framing the f*** out. If this was normal AA I’d deal with it. But what’s going on is not normal. The fact that Propecia didn’t slow the shedding after 1.5 years topical says a lot. I just haven’t been able to get answers despite throwing time and money at it. If I got a definitive male pattern baldness I’d deal with it but this is f*****g weird. Also, I can’t tell you how strong my hair was here years ago. Black ropes, I could barely get a brush through it was so thick at 40.

What type of doctor would test for Demox?

Dermatologist, you need to see one so that they can rule out that you don't have a skin parasite.

I'm pretty sure in my late teens 20s I went a good long time dealing with demodex in the form of very aggressive acne that was untreatable until I had taken an antiparasitic.

Demodex is so hard on hair follicles that it can cause people to lose their eyebrows and eyelashes.

A lot of things can cause skin and scalp itch, but one of the characteristic traits of demodex is that it can cause a level of relentless itching and pain on the skin that it can cause emotional disturbance.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and one last thing, as a footnote, in the odd event that you actually do

If you smoke marijuana, you absolutely need to f*****g stop, like right now and never go back.

Marijuana can cause acne and inflammation, it causes vasoconstriction which is absolutely f*****g terrible for hair growth because it restricts blood flow, and THC itself is proven to interfere with hair shaft elongation.

If you smoke mary jane, no more, no excuses.

Also THC is a "potent source of cellular oxidative stress"

That goes for the rest of you as well, if you're serious about getting your hair back, no more marijuana, it's f*****g poison for hair.
I don’t smoke anything

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Top is still the thinnest. I’m using a top on RU on top of Propecia and Topcial Dutasteride. I never thought it could thin this fast.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Top is still the thinnest. I’m using a top on RU on top of Propecia and Topcial Dutasteride. I never thought it could thin this fast.

If you're using that much sh*t it has nothing to do with DHT

Too much androgen inhibitor will not make hair grow better, if you put yourself into a menopausal state.

If anything I would recommend using only minoxidil and one topical androgen inhibitor.

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I've been following this for awhile because my situation is similar. Up till 23 I had really thick wavy hair but it started to thin rapidly all over. I'm 25 now & it's about 20% of what I used to have.

The only thing I think could be causing it is my thyroid. I found my TSH was 6.62 which is slightly high but I wasn't given medication.

I honestly think it's something to do with your thyroid because it's diffuse loss all over with shedding.

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Finasteride for 6 months but my hair continued to rapidly get thinner so I stopped.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I've been following this for awhile because my situation is similar. Up till 23 I had really thick wavy hair but it started to thin rapidly all over. I'm 25 now & it's about 20% of what I used to have.

The only thing I think could be causing it is my thyroid. I found my TSH was 6.62 which is slightly high but I wasn't given medication.

I honestly think it's something to do with your thyroid because it's diffuse loss all over with shedding.
Definitely look into the thyroid. I never had issues and my hair was perfect. 5-6 months after a slightly hypo diagnosis and Levothyroxine Rx the thinning started, huge shed and major changes to my hair. I think it’s double edged sword in that being hypo or hyper can cause hair issues but the treatments can be equally damaging to hair. One hair dermatologist said that 80% of her male and female thyroid patients experience some form of hair change/thinning.

Thinking it was the medication I quit for 8 months, the shedding continued and I developed a nodule found on a thyroid ultrasound. To get levels back in range and to shrink the nodule it required a higher dose and in turn resulted more shedding/thinning.

I wish I knew now. It was malpractice on the PCPs part and really has ruined an otherwise very healthy and successful life with the pain of constant and excessive shedding. As I have not responded at all to aggressive AAs, I can’t help but correlate what’s going on with other hormonal imbalance.

also, hypothyroidism is connected with low ferritin levels, I have been told you need ferritin over 100 to prevent shedding and support growth.

if it’s bad and you need meds, ease into them and maybe consider the natural options first.

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely look into the thyroid. I never had issues and my hair was perfect. 5-6 months after a slightly hypo diagnosis and Levothyroxine Rx the thinning started, huge shed and major changes to my hair. I think it’s double edged sword in that being hypo or hyper can cause hair issues but the treatments can be equally damaging to hair. One hair dermatologist said that 80% of her male and female thyroid patients experience some form of hair change/thinning.

Thinking it was the medication I quit for 8 months, the shedding continued and I developed a nodule found on a thyroid ultrasound. To get levels back in range and to shrink the nodule it required a higher dose and in turn resulted more shedding/thinning.

I wish I knew now. It was malpractice on the PCPs part and really has ruined an otherwise very healthy and successful life with the pain of constant and excessive shedding. As I have not responded at all to aggressive AAs, I can’t help but correlate what’s going on with other hormonal imbalance.

also, hypothyroidism is connected with low ferritin levels, I have been told you need ferritin over 100 to prevent shedding and support growth.

if it’s bad and you need meds, ease into them and maybe consider the natural options first.
Nah they won't medicate since my T4 is "normal" but I have a strong feeling my hair thinning is due to my thyroid since I lost all wavy texture and it's now paper thin and dry.

Strange that the thyroid medication actually caused your shedding and thinning since I thought it was supposed to help your hair once levels were back in normal range. What's your thyroid levels like now since you stopped medication? Can't imagine they are good right?