God

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'm so miserably depressed. Things are becoming compounded.

I just look the other way-- use escapism every day.

No joke, I am very much a diseased individual.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thanks Jay, but I'm afraid you don't quite understand my situation in its context.

As for the diseased, well, I should have omitted that.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Thanks Jay, but I'm afraid you don't quite understand my situation in its context.

As for the diseased, well, I should have omitted that.

No, you shouldn't have. Depression is a disease and needs to be treated by a doctor. I wasn't trying to be glib or oversimplify your situation. What is your situation in context?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
My disease concerns a former heroin addiction. I've been sober for months, yet there is a longing to get my life back together because of it.

To consult a doctor at this moment would put a serious mark on my record, and possibly exclude me from jobs, or from switching/possibly losing my insurance carrier.

I am astonished at how condescending you were to assume I am in need of a doctor's assistance-- I'm in need of encouragement.

This isn't the first time I've written about it.

*Besides, what good is visiting a GP? I'd only be prescribed anti-depressants, which I used to take. I'm free of all medication, except a hair med, and that's a good start.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Aplunk, I don't think Jay meant it that way. I think he, along with I and others here, want you to be well. Stick with us, man....you've come a long way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
My disease concerns a former heroin addiction. I've been sober for months, yet there is a longing to get my life back together because of it.

Dont push yourself too hard too soon. You cant go from addict to successful life in one leap. Getting off the gear is a big achievment in itself so take things one step at a time. Just take each day as it comes and as long as you are heading in the right direction it does'nt matter how long the journey takes. My bet is that you'll sort your life out long before many of the people on here whose 'problems' pale into insignifcance compared to yours.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Itl be alright man, just plan for the future to get your life and your head straightened out but take it day by day. Youll probably have good days and bad days and even miserable days, or even worse, a combination of all three in a roller coaster like day. I know its like that for me and i know its like that for many more of us besides just you and me. You'll be ok, and if someday you finally get your head leveled out youll be better off than ever before.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Just take it day by day Aplunk, I had a good and bad day yesterday on my birthday. I realized I don't fit in with the college crow, but you know what? I have one more semester and that's it!

PM me if you need help or just talk to us.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Hey champ

long time no speak, im so glad that you havent ouched that stuff in a while, i really hope it stays that way. Your a very smart and talented individual and i think you have a life full of success and hapiness ahead of you! So best to keep way clear from that stuff and focus on some goals, both short term and long term goals i think that would really help you stay motivated and on track.

We are here if you need anything, and being med free besides here loss is also a great chievement. Keep your head up and smile man, everything going to be fine.