God it pisses me off

David Swissy

Reaction score
God it really pisses me off using Regaine... Its sticky, smelly, yucky horrible stuff and if you put too much on then it runs down your scalp and down your neck and shoulders........you have constantly keep track of the time so you can apply the crappy stuff at the right times... Ive been using it for 2 months now and am still not used it it... its sh*t..

Cassin

Reaction score
David Swissy said:
God it really pisses me off using Regaine... Its sticky, smelly, yucky horrible stuff and if you put too much on then it runs down your scalp and down your neck and shoulders........you have constantly keep track of the time so you can apply the crappy stuff at the right times... Ive been using it for 2 months now and am still not used it it... its sh*t..

Simple solution. Dr Lees 5% Minoxidil. Item #503. http://www.minoxidil.com

It visibly dries in 10 to 15 minutes, and to the touch in a about 30 to 45 minutes. Wonderful stuff. Costs on AVG $16.50 a month, about the same as Rogaine......Regaine in the UK.

Someone would have to look very close to even tell you have it on even before it dries. The reason for this is a lower PPG in the formula and a higher % of alcohol. The only downside is that it is very thin and you have to be a bit more careful when applying as to not watse any of it.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion is to... well... relax about it. Don't think that you have to follow the strict schedule that they mention (4 hours before you sleep, etc?). A caviat to this is that it might help to follow the schedule. But you'll even hear doctors saying that it doesn't matter that much. My suggestion is to keep going, but let up on exactly when you apply it.

I miss a dose here and there, usually at night, if I don't go to the gym and have no need to shower before bed. And usually only 1 or 2 nights a week, spread out over the week. Yeah, it isn't fun, but it isn't that bad, either.

I think it has made my individual hairs thicker. Others have commented on this, too, saying I have thick hair. Not a lot, but it's thick. I think it helps. But I know what you mean.