GOD I HATE THIS SECTION!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
As if bald guys didn't already have limited options, but then we can come here and chase this dangling carrot.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
As of now I'm fairly optimistic about a cure in the near future so I really like when this section is updated. We should see before and after results of replicel in just a month or two from now. If we do not see good results from replicel then I'll be extremely discouraged about a cure coming any time soon.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Prepare to be discouraged then....

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

And you base that off of what? :thumbdown2:
Do you know anything about stem cells? do you know how much research has been done with them?
Once they master that, they will cure pretty much anything including baldness.

You may blame George Bush for the lack of progress recently...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
uncomfortable man said:

Do you know anything about stem cells? do you know how much research has been done with them?

:punk: :bravo:

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
uncomfortable man said:

You haven't been here long enough to get a realistic view on those things. It's not like we haven't believed/hoped for a cure and got excited when we heard about some new treatments/studies. There was a discussion about HM already in 2005 or so, and they didn't get much further since than.

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
uncomfortable man said:

If it's going to be the cure for everything, then why does it need government funding at all? Holding the cure to all diseases and medical conditions is probably worth trillions of dollars. It sounds like all of this cancer research, HIV research, etc., is intended to placate certain interests because nothing has come out of it after hundreds of billions have been spent, we're not any closer to a cure for either.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think Histogen or Aderans are finished. Aderans's last results were quite promising and Histogen has begun Phase II trials in the Philippines. Their phase I results were quite good....would be great if they could bring out some form of treatment in the next couple of years, even if it wasn't a cure (which I doubt there ever will be). Even 15-20% growth in thinning areas would be good.

Absolutely no idea where Follica are now.

T

TravisB

dimitar_berbagod said:
even if it wasn't a cure (which I doubt there ever will be).

There WILL be a cure for baldness. Maybe it's 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 years away but there WILL be a cure for sure.

K

Kirby

TravisB said:
dimitar_berbagod said:
even if it wasn't a cure (which I doubt there ever will be).

There WILL be a cure for baldness. Maybe it's 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 years away but there WILL be a cure for sure.
Maybe, maybe not. What is far more likely to happen in our lifetimes are better, safer treatments, however. Maybe even within the next decade or sooner, fingers crossed!

I don't mind so much having to use something every day to keep my hair (I brush my teeth twice-daily to stop my teeth dropping out), but I just want it to work better than finasteride and minoxidil, without the potential side-effects of both.

If the treatment requires weeks, months or even longer between uses, like a Tetanus shot, even better...

T

TravisB

monty1978 said:
Travis mate, we all know that. they'll be a cure for death at some point but we'll be long dead at that stage.

Cure for death...somehow I highly doubt it :mrgreen:

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

I dont think like that. Apparently you do. I'd rather stay optimistic. If it fails, THEN I'll b**ch and moan. But until then I'd rather have my spirits up.

T

TravisB

I honestly can't wait for Replicel's results. They should be available in March or April. If they fail, then I guess we are fucked for the next 10 years or more. If they show good results, then we'll be pumped up :mrgreen:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Replicel actually tested their stuff on mice multiple times and 100% of the time they were able to achieve at least a 50% improvement in hair count.... :whistle:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as far as i am concerned it's the make or break point this year, histogen and ARI are ending phase 2, which is the point that most research fails
but this board has been a little uneventful since intercytex failing

T

TravisB

2020 said:
Replicel actually tested their stuff on mice multiple times and 100% of the time they were able to achieve at least a 50% improvement in hair count.... :whistle:

Unfortunately mice are not humans, so it might be different.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
2020 said:

Unfortunately mice are not humans, so it might be different.
I guess he was being sarcastic

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
2020 said:
uncomfortable man said:

You haven't been here long enough to get a realistic view on those things. It's not like we haven't believed/hoped for a cure and got excited when we heard about some new treatments/studies. There was a discussion about HM already in 2005 or so, and they didn't get much further since than.

Replicel recruiting for phase 2, i suggest you all sign up your asses unless you wanna wait 10 years for a negative norwood.

The End is Near. :gay:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maradona said:
Replicel recruiting for phase 2, i suggest you all sign up your asses unless you wanna wait 10 years for a negative norwood.

why would you do that? You won't be allowed to use finasteride, minoxidil or any other hair loss treatments.
If Replicel were to fail, you would lose a lot of hair that could have been saved with finasteride and minoxidil...

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
maradona said:

why would you do that? You won't be allowed to use finasteride, minoxidil or any other hair loss treatments.
If Replicel were to fail, you would lose a lot of hair that could have been saved with finasteride and minoxidil...

Would depend on how impressive the first trail results were. And how little I had to lose.