Go Team CANADA!!!!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I could care less about luge or half-pipe snowboard...but I want my Hockey team to win the gold @ home. We just won against Switzerland in a final shootout .. I almost died from an heart attack.. Hockey here is not a sport..It is our religion. USA and Russia are really good this year..Cannot wait for SUnday..USA vs CANADA!!! :punk:

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Canada is doing a wonderful job as host city. I have been loving this
You mean, Vancouver as a host city is, right? (or maybe you meant country, we get the point) :p

I'm kinda disappointed about tonight's hockey game because Switzerland's hockey team isn't exactly phenomenal. If Canada struggled tonight then they're REALLY going to have a hard time with USA or Russia.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Yeah sorry I meant Vancouver... Hah

We call it Hong-ouver!

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to see some positive comments about Vancouver.

Some have focussed on the glitches.

I'm also pulling for Canada's Men's hockey -- they arent a dream team by any stretch. They'll have to gutt this one out.

The Gardener

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
they arent a dream team by any stretch. They'll have to gutt this one out.
LOL... are you kidding me?

Crosby, Iginla, Thornton, Heatley.... S Niedermayer and Pronger, good lord. Oh, um, and Marty Brodeur tending the net.

Okay, I know its not the ultimate dream team, but THAT'S a fricking impressive array of hockey talent to put on the ice on one squad. I like the Canadian selection this year, good mix of young and old.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I cannot wait for Sunday! USA VS CANADA. Both great team!

The Gardener

Reaction score
squeegee said:
I cannot wait for Sunday! USA VS CANADA. Both great team!
Dude, our team doesn't hold a candle to the Canadian squad this year. Don't get me wrong, we'll hopefully put up a good fight and the match won't be blatantly one sided and will be hard fought and fun to watch, but... come on.

We've sent a really young squad. They are very athletic and promising, they are our best and brightest for the future, but they lack olympic experience. Gone are the old great battlewagons of American hockey... Roenick, Modano, Doug Weight, Brett Hull... none of these guys are on the squad this year. This squad is taking our next generation and throwing them into the buzzsaw of the world's best. We don't have a chance against you this year. But, they will gain experience, and be a MUCH tougher and MUCH more dangerous squad for you to deal with in Sochi four years from now.

The only thing that stands between you and the gold is Russia. I'm rooting for my own team, of course, but this year, I'm pulling for you Canucks to TAKE this medal on home ice. F-ck those Russians up and teach them a lesson about North American athletic prowess. I hope you take those arrogant Ruskis out behind the woodshed and give them a good old fashioned assthrashing.

If only Don Cherry were doing the TV commentary for this game. I'm missing my Don Cherry fix!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Oh Snap!!

Moving to USA tomorrow! What a shame 5-3! Overpaid NHL players with no heart. God, I'll switch them for the Junior team tomorrow! f*****g unbelievable :( They should stop the fancy passes and shoot @ the damn net. :gay: :sobbing:

Cassin

Reaction score
s1rugz.jpg

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Cassin said:

hahahaahahah Good one Cassin! I will start to cheers on the figure skating fags instead..f*** Hockey. I hope they finish dead last.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This is what happened to Team Canada [youtube:1sfq52tf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=829qMFSKuTk[/youtube:1sfq52tf]

The Gardener

Reaction score
Squeegee, you really can't feel THAT bad about your squad. You just came up against a US goalie who had the game of his life. Dude blocked FOURTY TWO shots. That's crazy. Outside of that you outshot us 45-23, almost two to one.

That's just hockey. A hot goalie on a given night can shut down anyone.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
imlosinit said:
they arent a dream team by any stretch. They'll have to gutt this one out.

The Gardener said:
Crosby, Iginla, Thornton, Heatley.... S Niedermayer and Pronger, good lord. Oh, um, and Marty Brodeur tending the net.

I stand by my comments and if you've watched the games, you'll know that this his crew has done little to dazzle anyone. Big names, but not big results.

I'm still pulling for them to win gold though, and it may happen. Gutt this one out indeed!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Please guys, don't miss Canada vs Russia! It will be really good Hockey! :punk: It is well known that both countries hate each others on ice since day 1!
[youtube:1lv222uv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeUtIrEigmM&feature=related[/youtube:1lv222uv]

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Canada CRUSHES Russia 7-3 tonight.

I think the Canucks have their groove on.