Go More Bald Or Have hair transplant Straight Away.

Breatheasy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have thinned quite abit from the tip of my head, slightly back and crown.

I am on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) . So for this reason as test converts to DHT which kills hair. To combat this I take finasteride and minoxidil. Which is doing a good job stopping me from losing further hair.

My question is. Would it be better if I just stopped my hairloss treatment (finasteride , minxodil) . And continue on my TRT and go more bald. Which WILL happen. THEN GO FOR MY HAIR TRASNPLANT..Then come off TRT all together for a year or two. So it gives my transplanted hair more chance of growing.

Help me guys:) :) what would you do ???

Tao

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Breatheasy,

for what exact reasons are you on trt?

Some experienced users here don’t recommend minoxidil at all because it fucks up your hair grow cycles and you may experience some heavy weird shedding if you continue with it for years.
Please do your research. minoxidil seems to be no fun in the long run.

Posting pictures of your hair will users allow to give you a more specific feedback on your current situation.

Peace

Breatheasy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to use steroids when I was younger. But due to low testosterone I am on TRT for life. But it won't be a problem coming off it for the hair transplant purposes

Tao

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long habe you been on minoxidil and finasteride now?
How old are you and what Norwood scale are you?
Why trt for life?
What happens if you don’t get your testosterone replacement?
What about a picture?
:)

Breatheasy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long habe you been on minoxidil and finasteride now?
How old are you and what Norwood scale are you?
Why trt for life?
What happens if you don’t get your testosterone replacement?
What about a picture?
:)

TRT for life because I feel better on it and subsides low testosterone. Nothing will happen if I don't go back on TRT for a year or 2. Maybe a low mood etc. But it's nothing I can't take. I've taken fina and min for a year .

Hair on top and back has thinned, front receeded

Tao

My Regimen
Reaction score
Difficult to say.
Maybe someone who is more experienced can give you better advise.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have thinned quite abit from the tip of my head, slightly back and crown.

I am on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) . So for this reason as test converts to DHT which kills hair. To combat this I take finasteride and minoxidil. Which is doing a good job stopping me from losing further hair.

My question is. Would it be better if I just stopped my hairloss treatment (finasteride , minxodil) . And continue on my TRT and go more bald. Which WILL happen. THEN GO FOR MY HAIR TRASNPLANT..Then come off TRT all together for a year or two. So it gives my transplanted hair more chance of growing.

Help me guys:) :) what would you do ???

Hey man,

In my opinion, I would stick to the finasteride & minoxidil and come off the TRT and do the hair transplant when you and the Doctor feel it’s right....then after a year of your results or more, if you are able to, taper back on to TRT, because..even though the donor hairs are “genetically resistant” to DHT they will still be attacked by DHT in the new hair transplant areas, that doesn’t mean you will loose them too, just that they may be susceptible overtime...so why bother waiting to loose more hair and risk loosing and shedding any hair gains from the finasteride & Min just to have to go back on it again after and regain what was lost.

I’ve never been on steroids or TRT but I did have an hair transplant in 2018 and recently started taking a DHEA supplement and feel it helps with my natural testosterone as a booster and my hair transplant hairs are still strong and I only use minoxidil and microneedling to maintain.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
i will do my hair transplant now on my diffuse birds nest f*** waiting

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would anyone go more bald by choice? Hold onto as much as you can before you get a hair transplant. Hair transplant density sucks.

I'm with you. I've avoided a hair transplant for years because I'm a perfectionist who wants a natural looking hairline and natural density with no scars or thinning in my donor area. I can't wait forever though.
This is a war theres gonna be some casualties