GNC Spike- not hair question

G

http://www.gnc.com/sm-biotest-spike--pi-2166845.html

pGNC1-2402260dt.jpg

I'm going to take this to help me study for upcoming tests I think. it supposedly improves concentration and gives more energy.

Here's my question. Do you guys know if taking this will have any negative effect on my hair?

Thanks.

Here's the nutritional info:

Serving Size 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container 50
Amount Per Serving % DV
SPIKEâ„¢ Tablet 400.00 mg **
T-MAX [Biotest® proprietary thiamine di(2-methylpropionate) disulfide] **
Caffeine **
** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: croscarmellose, Lecithin, Dextrose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Sorbitol, Microcrystaliline Cellulose, FD&C Yellow #6, Stearic Acid, Maltodextrin, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Yellow #5, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Calcium Carbonate

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman,

If you are only taking it for finals then how much could it have except short term effects such as being wired and your appetite possibly being
suppressed? I doubt there are any studies that say it affects hair and if it did adversely affect hair then it supposed to state that as a side as per FDA full disclosure act/policy. If anyone says it does it would be mere speculation.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how about energy drinks ? they help me concentrate better and increase energy ... Red Bull & Monster are currently the drinks for me these days , or these pills are better?

docj077

Reaction score
I haven't had caffeine for eight years and I operate at a very high level constantly.

Pulling "all nighters" will only hurt your ability to retain information. The brain needs time to file it all away, which happens at night. Get 7-9 hours of sleep and you'll not only know the material better, but you'll retain more. Get rid of all annoyances and distractions, so you can focus. It's all about will.

That's what I do.

G

thanks for the info Doctor and im not even sure ill take it. all im wondering though is if i decide to, will it cause hair loss like stuff like accutane and other stuff can? im asking because i know there's one gnc product that some people reported caused hair loss.

im not going to pull any all nighters. i am still going to get my usual 9 hours sleep but it supposedly increases concentration and energy while taking it so i figure that can only help? like a pill before going to the exam, etc.

thanks

oh p.s.- do you think this stuff actually does anything for people Doctor? like just by looking at the ingredients, do you think that the stuff it contains will do anything? people over at t-nation swear by it for lifting and for concentration.

G

Wezz said:
how about energy drinks ? they help me concentrate better and increase energy ... Red Bull & Monster are currently the drinks for me these days , or these pills are better?

supposedly better. they make spike in cans too though to drink.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
an energy drink before tests gives me extra concentration... i agree that getting 7-8 hours is good but some days when u cant sleep it messes up your whole system for other days

So

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan,

I'd speculate that it may hurt your hair. Why? It's their proprietary blend of Thiamine di, not straight Thiamine couble with Caffeine. It may upset your bodies balance even though it may appear to yield positive effects. I can't help but say that the Caffeine probably provides more of boost than anything else all be it short term.

You should try Ginko Biloba. That is a much better alternative in my opinion.

Also you should try brainwave entrainment, yep, which helps with focus. Alternatively you may grab your self from Lago tempo music (Baroque period) often at about 60 beats per minute. This music helps induce the alpha state of mind where the CIA reports up to 25% greater learning capacity which I've heard they used when training their agents. Cramming their spies full of whatever, "information".

The best part of this kind of music, is that it works instantaneously.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im sure most "smart" people dont even use anything to get concentrated and still get the information .. im not sure how is that possible do they really also try these methods ? :lol:

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
During finals, I usually drink the energy drinks or take energy pills and pull all nighters to get all the sh*t done. They definitely pull me through but at the end I am done for like 2 or 3 days, just exhausted.

I think that getting the proper amount of sleep AND taking these pills may help a lot with concentration BUT I also think that supplements like these can have pretty negative effects on mental/emotional wellbeing (like feeling really sshitty about your hair or something) and you may also get crabby and have a "short fuse."

Jayman,
If you do try these, then do so cautiously, just a little at first to see how you react (which I am sure that you were going to do anyway).

Good luck on finals man!