Glue on my hairline - it's a poly system

mjc007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my first system just over a week and very happy with it. The front hairline has lifted a couple of times, mainly because I think I've not been used to styling and stressed it a little.

So I've glued the lift back down with Ghost Bond (followed the advice re a few layers and let them dry). It generally sticks but I have had some glue on the edge of the poly at the hairline which is a line of gunk essentially. I got some C22 solvent and thought I'd cleaned it off but it's still very visible.

Any tips to clean this up - I also use a mascara tye brush to pull the hairs out the glue which helps a bit. I'm not comfortable as yet removing the whole system and refitting.

Thank you.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scrape it off with your nails?

To get the hairline glued to the edge, I usually put some bond on the UTS base at the edge as well as on my scalp.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always apply the adhesive to the poly base, brushing toward and off of the edge. Make sure it dries enough, so when you press down... none can seep out. 8/10 it's seamless. You will never put it on the scalp perfectly, for a hairline.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use cotton balls and isopropanol. "Slide" the cotton balls softly from the hairline to bottom

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use cotton balls and isopropanol. "Slide" the cotton balls softly from the hairline to bottom
I wouldn't use cotton near a hairline. You're begging to get pieces stuck. Use a wash cloth with alcohol.