Glapots's Story

Glapots

Reaction score
First of all I hope know one minds me posting this post in two forums on this website; I'm new here so I'd like to share my story while getting some advice.

Hi, I think I've got to the stage where I want to do something constructive about my hair loss. I'm 28 and have been losing my hair since I was 18. My dad is bald and my uncles on my mam's side have thin hair - so it was always ineviatable that I would follow suite. Even though I have been losing hair for 10 years now - I'm probably only at stage 2 of the Norwood scale but heading quickly towards 2A. Basically the temple area is receding and my forehead has receded. All over my gair is extremely thin and limp. I've tried thickening shampoo but I only get severe flaking, so I usually just use an nati-dandruff shampoo.

Anyway unfortunately I'm obsessed about my hair to the degree that it effects my mood and personality. I have a fixed idea that people effect my hair loss. e.g. if someone annoys me, the situation in my head escalates because I have a fear of my stresed mood effecting my hair loss. Hence my scalp then feels stressed out and begins to flake and I do be convinced that I'm losing hair. This has a knock on effect that effects my personality and other aspects of my life; I know it may sound pathetic and vain but it's obsessive behaviour.
Does anyone understand this situation?

I have to say the resources on this website are excellent and I have already found them helpful. However I would like to ask a few questions/

So basically my questions are as follows?

Does anger, depression, OCD, fustration, bad sleeping patterns, stress and a stressed flaking scalp escalate hair loss?

Given the stage my hair loss is at - what would you recommend specifically for me? I'm not to worried about regrowth, I'm more concerned with thincknesss and particulary maintenance:

Thanks for reading!

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi glapots,
Your story reminds me of my early stages of hair loss. I started losing my hair when i was going through a time of acute depression and anxiety. I had lot of tensions that time. This time did not last that long, but hair loss did not stop, even after the anxiety period was over. I ignored my hair loss thinking that it was temporary.
If your hair loss is just because of the anxiety and anger, then you grow back what you lose. The new follicle should not be thinner or weaker.
But since yours is only a mild case of male pattern baldness, I think you should start early on minoxidil 5% to retain what you already have, and if lucky, grow back some.
You can take a opinion from a dermatologist, who can recommend you propecia, but for the time being start minoxidil ASAP.
minoxidil works..the sooner the better.
:hairy: