Ghostbond Platinum Question - Does it behave like Ghostbond XL in terms of...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only used XL.

The cleanup with it would be fine if it cured faster/held longer. I really can't get it to hold well and it keeps pulling up.

I want to switch to Platinum.

Have a question, though.

One thing I really like about the XL is that, before it dries, you can rinse it off w just water. If you use soap you'll get the residue off, but water alone will prevent it from hardening and becoming sticky.

Is this the case w Platinum? Does it apply & come off the same way as XL? That's to say, if you put some on your finger and rinse immediately, will it rinse off w the water?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. It's still water based. When you use it, you won't really notice any difference.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it does. It's still water based. When you use it, you won't really notice any difference.
Hopefully it holds a little bit better!

Honestly, I feel like ProLabs needs to make fewer variations of white glue; they've too many. Light, medium & strong hold would suffice - I don't need a thousand more.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using this now:

For my body chemistry at least, it's superior to all the Ghostbond products. Takes a little longer to dry, but the clean up is so much easier! It's like peeling PVA (I think in the States they call it Elmer's Glue) off, but gets a really strong hold when the system is on.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using this now:

For my body chemistry at least, it's superior to all the Ghostbond products. Takes a little longer to dry, but the clean up is so much easier! It's like peeling PVA (I think in the States they call it Elmer's Glue) off, but gets a really strong hold when the system is on.
Does it rinse off with water when before it dries? That's what I like about XL.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using this now:

Hmmm - it's cheaper than Ghostbond as well.

I do want to try the platinum.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using this now:

Oh, what type of base do you use this glue with?

Does it take forever to cure like Ghostbond?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a lace base. Takes a while to dry, but once it’s on, it’s on!
When you say takes a while to dry, do you mean after the last layer has been applied & dried, and you've attached your piece, it takes a while to fully cure/dry before taking a shower or sweating?

Because that's my biggest problem w it. As soon as I shower it turns white and can easily be removed. I haven't waited a for 24 hrs before, but I have waited quite some time.

Do get your piece wet when wearing it, without a problem?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you´re using a poly system, apply max 2 layers of the glue. 3 or more layers is meant to be for lace systems.
As I could use white glue some time ago, I haven´t had the problem that it turns white.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm going to rock .06mm poly from now on. I really love how the easy cleanup/washing without worrying about hairs getting pulled thru the lace. I find .06mm to be no less comfortable than .03, so I'm not bothering again w the latter.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
When you say takes a while to dry, do you mean after the last layer has been applied & dried, and you've attached your piece, it takes a while to fully cure/dry before taking a shower or sweating?

Because that's my biggest problem w it. As soon as I shower it turns white and can easily be removed. I haven't waited a for 24 hrs before, but I have waited quite some time.

Do get your piece wet when wearing it, without a problem?
I mean the time it takes to dry before attaching the system. Cure time is normal I think. 24 hours before hot water/sweat advisable on all glues. After that I play sport and get it wet with no issues