Ghostbond glue with a lace base hair system.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I have a huge problem with many many tapes causing me itching after 3-4 days. Despite using Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector I don't have any options left other than trying glue and tape. I'll try Walker Lace Front tape with glue. I hope to f*** I don't get itching after 3-4 days again.

Glue I have is Ghostbond Platinium and XL,which one is better for french lace base hair system? Obviously I read it must be applied to the scalp,NOT the base. Or does it not matter out of those 2 glues, which one I choose to use?
I want AT LEAST a week hold.

Is 2 layers sufficient? And how long does each layer take to dry?

I guess I should spread it thin? and around the perimeter of the base? with a glue stick.

I'm f*****g clueless as I've never applied glue myself.
Only had the hair replacement salon do it when I first started wearing in 2017.

Helpful would be most useful.

Thanks

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I only use 2 and get a week, sometimes i apply 3, but its applied to a small area so not sure if that's why i only need 2 or 3 layers. But the bottle will say 4. Thin layers so you don't have to wait long before applying the next layer.

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use 2 and get a week, sometimes i apply 3, but its applied to a small area so not sure if that's why i only need 2 or 3 layers. But the bottle will say 4. Thin layers so you don't have to wait long before applying the next layer.
Do you apply ghostbond only on perimeter ? Also, can we apply ghostbond to lace perimeter ?

I am looking for daily wear with ghostbond or max reattach in 3-4 days.. How to efficiently remove ghostbond whie cleaning up?

Requesting to please answer these questions..

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I have a huge problem with many many tapes causing me itching after 3-4 days. Despite using Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector I don't have any options left other than trying glue and tape. I'll try Walker Lace Front tape with glue. I hope to f*** I don't get itching after 3-4 days again.

Glue I have is Ghostbond Platinium and XL,which one is better for french lace base hair system? Obviously I read it must be applied to the scalp,NOT the base. Or does it not matter out of those 2 glues, which one I choose to use?
I want AT LEAST a week hold.

Is 2 layers sufficient? And how long does each layer take to dry?

I guess I should spread it thin? and around the perimeter of the base? with a glue stick.

I'm f*****g clueless as I've never applied glue myself.
Only had the hair replacement salon do it when I first started wearing in 2017.

Helpful would be most useful.

Thanks
I don´t have a swiss / french or whatever base, but I´ve read several times that this "how many layers" you can understand like this:
If you´re having like you a french base it should be 4 layern because the base should "layered" (?) into the glue. If you´re having a poly just one layer could give a good hold. Don´t put the glue on the (french) base, you should only apply it to the skin.
Layer to dry: With Ghostbond: until it´s completely clear (maybe around 5 minutes per layer, you could blow it dry with no heat). Thin layers are important. If the glue doens´t go clear it will stay white and if you put the system on it will mix with your sweat and never give you somewhat of a hold.
Both Ghostbond should give you at least a weak hold. But remember, if you´re having trouble with them (irritating skin, reactions etc) the skin will get wet because of irritation and then there is no hold, nothing.
My worst case was some time ago when I had a new system installed and the next day it was just slipped down because of irritation. The scalp was red for some weeks. Before that I never had problems with white glue, but later my body just can´t stand them anymore. It just came all of a sudden

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I wear poly and I use 4 layers. The best hold that I ever got with Ghostbond XL was when I went to a salon and they used 4 layers of it on my scalp and a layer on the base. That didn't move after 2 weeks even. Typically I don't put it on the base anyway and the hold is around 2 weeks with sometimes a need for a hairline touch up. There is a large difference between 3 layers and 4, and 2 layers is just like a one day hold for me. Use a brush or a sponge to spread it out and wait until it dries and becomes clear. Do that with 4 layers. Make sure that it has dried clear (it might take like 10 mins to dry) and then stick down your system. Make sure that you don't stick anything down while the glue is still white... very important.

Hollywood4life87

My Regimen
Reaction score
So 4 layers ,wait until it becomes clear each layer(20seconds?) do you guys spread it all over your head or just the perimeter ? Besides Walker lace release do you need anything else for cleanup ? I’ve heard alcohol in my other thread ?which works best ?thanks guys this forum literally helping me change my life(and others ) so glad I found it. Probably never would of even thought about hair system if it wasn’t for you guys

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell scalp protector,glue and tape is the worst combo ever.
I put the hair system on too high by mistake and had to remove it.

Cleaning my scalp is near impossible. I used C22 Solvent,Lace Release,Surgical Spirit,Olive Oil and it's still f*****g sticky.
Whoever told me to use glue as a barrier for tape is a f*****g c***. It made a hybrid mess,that is really f*****g difficult to clean.
Luckily cleaning the base was only tape on it that came off with lace release.

Hollywood4life87

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell scalp protector,glue and tape is the worst combo ever.
I put the hair system on too high by mistake and had to remove it.

Cleaning my scalp is near impossible. I used C22 Solvent,Lace Release,Surgical Spirit,Olive Oil and it's still f*****g sticky.
Whoever told me to use glue as a barrier for tape is a f*****g c***. It made a hybrid mess,that is really f*****g difficult to clean.
Luckily cleaning the base was only tape on it that came off with lace release.
I’ve heard this a couple times, (don’t use tape and glue it’s such a hard messy cleanup ).Is there a advantage to using the combo ?why do lots of people do it?in stages of ordering my hair system ,I’m just wondering

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve heard this a couple times, (don’t use tape and glue it’s such a hard messy cleanup ).Is there a advantage to using the combo ?why do lots of people do it?in stages of ordering my hair system ,I’m just wondering
Because every tape(I've tried like 15 different Walker tapes) I've tried has caused me itching by day 3-4. No matter if I do several layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector. And I thought glue would act as an additional barrier.

I'm close to giving up with hair systems.
I'm trying got2b glued for daily wear next.

My only other option would be buying a hybrid base and try and do daily wear with Walker 1522 tape,Walker Sensi Tak,Walker Signature Sensi Tak Select weak tapes.

If that doesn't work I'll sadly have to give up on hair systems. I been wearing on and off since 2017. And I'm unhappy without a hair system on.

Last edited:

Hollywood4life87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because every tape(I've tried like 15 different Walker tapes) I've tried has caused me itching by day 3-4. No matter if I do several layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector. And I thought glue would act as an additional barrier.

I'm close to giving up with hair systems.
I'm trying got2b glued for daily wear next.

My only other option would be buying a hybrid base and try and do daily wear with Walker 1522 tape,Walker Sensi Tak,Walker Signature Sensi Tak Select weak tapes.

If that doesn't work I'll sadly have to give up on hair systems. I been wearing on and off since 2017. And I'm unhappy without a hair system on.
Even if you have to mess with each and everyday If it helps your confidence it’s worth every minute/penny . My confidence is 0 since I started losing my hair 5 years ago, I know with a system it will go sky high..

I guess i haven’t got mine yet so it’s easy for me to talk this way, dealing with it everyday has to be frustrating …please don’t give up, you’ll find a right combo

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I wear poly and I use 4 layers. The best hold that I ever got with Ghostbond XL was when I went to a salon and they used 4 layers of it on my scalp and a layer on the base. That didn't move after 2 weeks even. Typically I don't put it on the base anyway and the hold is around 2 weeks with sometimes a need for a hairline touch up. There is a large difference between 3 layers and 4, and 2 layers is just like a one day hold for me. Use a brush or a sponge to spread it out and wait until it dries and becomes clear. Do that with 4 layers. Make sure that it has dried clear (it might take like 10 mins to dry) and then stick down your system. Make sure that you don't stick anything down while the glue is still white... very important.
Can confirm that. It has happened to me that 3 layers detaches basically right away, but 4 layers sticks until needed.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think I'm the only one doing it once or twice a year. It will give a very strong and long more than 5 weeks hold for me.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you have to mess with each and everyday If it helps your confidence it’s worth every minute/penny . My confidence is 0 since I started losing my hair 5 years ago, I know with a system it will go sky high..

I guess i haven’t got mine yet so it’s easy for me to talk this way, dealing with it everyday has to be frustrating …please don’t give up, you’ll find a right combo
I just ordered Walker Base tape,Walker Duo Tac,both Got2b glued gel yellow and black tubes.
KP Skin Med liquid bandage incase it's a better scalp protector than Walker Max Hold Sport I find shite.
And 99% iso alcohol,incase the surgical spirit isn't cleaning my scalp properly after shampoo/washing it prior to install.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just ordered Walker Base tape,Walker Duo Tac,both Got2b glued gel yellow and black tubes.
KP Skin Med liquid bandage incase it's a better scalp protector than Walker Max Hold Sport I find shite.
And 99% iso alcohol,incase the surgical spirit isn't cleaning my scalp properly after shampoo/washing it prior to install.
How did you get on with base tape?