Ghostbond Contains Methyl And Propyl Parabens

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I wrote to Hairhub with my concern about the toxcicity of the products used while using hair systems, because they leave a very customer friendly impression on their website. I only asked specifically about Ghostbond as that's the glue I use and I didn't want it to be too confusing. It was very pleasant of them to write to the manufacturer right away and forward the reply to me:
The main compound ingredient in Ghost Bond are acrylic copolymers along with methyl and propyl paraben. There is a long debate on parabens and the health risks associated with them. As of now there is no viable substitute for this material as it acts as a preservative. There are studies which have been undertaken which seemed to show this parabens present in cancerous cells within 18 of 20 samples taken from breast tissue over a space of time but was never compared with normal tissue samples so it was never conclusive that this was fact. Chemists have completed further studies where they have refined that link to an enzyme within the paraben which is actually found in many other forms outside of parabens.

We submit all information to the Irish medical board for our cosmetic certificates which are all available on the CNPC Portal for global import and export. Ghost Bond is 100% safe for skin. It does not contain any chemicals such as Xylene, Hexane or Toluene which are commonly found in many adhesives available.

It still likely isn't a defintive answer, so I hope I will one day get a lab to check what exactly I am putting on my skin while applying this glue. Parabens are no joke, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraben#Health_aspects

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Why aren't there official documents about the exact ingredients in those things? MSDS is just a general piece of paper about the product, not worth much. There has to be an ingredient list somewhere. Last time I wrote Walker about Great White the answer was just: the ingredients in the Great white are: Purified Water and Hydrophillic acrylic copolymer resins. ?!?! it can't be only those two things, can it?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
A natural preservative as alternative to parabens
Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl alcohol
Also Vit E or grapefruit seed extract