Ghostbond - 48 Hr. Cure Time = Game Changer

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes all the difference. This thing will stick forever on my head.

It is difficult to not sweat, etc., for 48 hrs. Cold showers, etc.

I think I'll need to order Ghost Buster to remove the adhesive when this is off.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I thought his post implies but it would be a comedic and hilarious 48 hours, trying to stop his glued head from sticking to anything. What if a fly landed on his glued scalp?! :D

I actually think he means that he'll bond and attach but not do any activity for 48 hours that might weaken the bond.

@cottonReville how many layers did you apply? And how long between applying each layer?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The bond is super strong after 4 weeks for me as well. I use up like 200 ml 99% isopropyl alcohol every time on just detaching the hairpiece. I'm dripping of it and it smells toxic. It's good to be doing this only once a month.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I waited 48 hrs. before getting hot. I, of course, attached.

Two layers, a minute or so between applications - I use a hairdryer on cold.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bond is super strong after 4 weeks for me as well. I use up like 200 ml 99% isopropyl alcohol every time on just detaching the hairpiece. I'm dripping of it and it smells toxic. It's good to be doing this only once a month.
Do you find 4 weeks vrs 2 or 3 weeks to be any different as far as hygiene goes? Does it really matter? I used to get 5 weeks out of vapon no tape. I'm 3 weeks right now with ghost bond but I would like to see how long I can get .

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Do you find 4 weeks vrs 2 or 3 weeks to be any different as far as hygiene goes? Does it really matter? I used to get 5 weeks out of vapon no tape. I'm 3 weeks right now with ghost bond but I would like to see how long I can get .
Yes, it starts to itch and smell a little. Nothing bad though.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldBearded is right. That sounds absolutely disgusting.

That's why I need to remove my pieces often. It's just comfortable to wear for an extended period of time.

There is no real benefit. As the adhesive degrades, it becomes harder to remove, and in the case of a lace system, harder to clean and more damaging than more frequent cleaning.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It's very unhygienic. Think of all of the bacteria that is growing under there?
It's not a strong or disgusting smell. Smells like skin basically.

It probably makes cleaning the base more difficult yes, as the adhesive breaks between the lace holes. Still, less inhaling and absorbing all the solvents the more infrequently I clean and attach.