Ghost Bond breaking down after shower

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi TooBad,

I haven’t tried swimming in it yet but if it’s lifted whilst/after showering then isn’t it going to be the same when I swim?

thanks
Yes....any water....sweat..rain..shower...pool...

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was originally using Walkers Ultra Hold and the hold is insane and last ages but the application and clean up is so much more messy. Hence why I’ve being trying ghost bond
Use davlyn or walker mity tite... a little less hold...but less stringy and easier to work with....

J9907

Reaction score
Yes....any water....sweat..rain..shower...pool...
So how are they being allowed to advertise it like you can swim with it on lol?

Have you used it before? Do you do a full bond of WUH or use tape as well?

thanks

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was originally using Walkers Ultra Hold and the hold is insane and last ages but the application and clean up is so much more messy. Hence why I’ve being trying ghost bond
Yea man, I guess it's just yet another trade off in the hair system maintenance deal.
If the Walker is too hard to deal with and clean I may try the Davlyn clear as TooBad suggested

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how are they being allowed to advertise it like you can swim with it on lol?

Have you used it before? Do you do a full bond of WUH or use tape as well?

thanks
I've only used gb ....platinum and supreme.. for 2 installs. I've since used ultra hold or davlyn on the hairline and tape on the perimeter of a .03 Poly

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I could show you myself under water for quite some time with Ghostbond, but I don't know how to upload a video anonymously.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could show you myself under water for quite some time with Ghostbond, but I don't know how to upload a video anonymously.
I believe you, but again you do all kinds of crazy stuff, that I wouldn't suggest.... Such as attachments for a month plus. Not washing the hair. Using high pressure to clean delicate lace... Wearing a system that lost 40% of its hair... To each his own, but not wise decisions in my opinion.

I'm not saying the second you jump in a pool, the entire thing is going to float away. But it is going to be detrimental to a desireable appearance....and strong attachment... If you don't care how it looks, which respectfully, I genuinely feel... is not your highest priority.... You seem to be more interested in keeping the cost as close to dirt as possible and wearing the system as long as possible, with little to no maintenance. Not prioritizing any efforts toward making it looking its best....

Last edited:

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem and it seems like it's gotten worse. I apply two layers and let the second layer dry for five minutes. Going to try three lighter layers and see how that works.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem and it seems like it's gotten worse. I apply two layers and let the second layer dry for five minutes. Going to try three lighter layers and see how that works.
Why do people insist on ignoring instructions, yet complain about performance?

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do people insist on ignoring instructions, yet complain about performance?
Wait, so earlier in this thread it was unavoidable, simple chemistry that occurs when in contact with water in the shower. Now, it's because I didn't apply enough layers?

I wear poly and got by fine for a long time with two layers. When I wear lace, I always go with three plus layers.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, so earlier in this thread it was unavoidable, simple chemistry that occurs when in contact with water in the shower. Now, it's because I didn't apply enough layers?

I wear poly and got by fine for a long time with two layers. When I wear lace, I always go with three plus layers.
It is. However some people have better success than others based on their chemistry. Quite obviously someone that sweats minimally or not at all is going to have better success with a water based adhesive. If you want to give it a fair shot, I suggest you follow the instructions to see whether or not it works for you.

If you're having a problem with lifting or turning white, more layers will not correct it as you're proving you sweat more than the adhesive can tolerate.

That one's called common sense

Do you do this in other aspects of life? Cooking food for half the time recommended?

Putting half the recommended oil in your vehicle?

Let me guess. You stop taking an antibiotic after 3 days when you feel better. Instead of completing the course. That's what breeds super bugs. And not following the instructions on an adhesive is begging to have an undesirable outcome.

Instructions are there for a reason.

I am surprised to hear that someone that's taking the time and effort to wear hair wants to "get by" rather than have the best possible results.
To each his own

Last edited:

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is. However some people have better success than others based on their chemistry. Quite obviously someone that sweats minimally or not at all is going to have better success with a water based adhesive. If you want to give it a fair shot I suggest you follow the instructions to see whether or not it works for you.

If you're having a problem with a lifting or turning white. More layers will not correct that as you're proving you sweat more than the adhesive can tolerate.

That one's called common sense

Do you do this in other aspects of life? Cooking food for half the time recommended?

Putting half the recommended oil in your vehicle?

Let me guess. You stop taking an antibiotic after 3 days when you feel better. Instead of completing the course. That's what breeds a super bugs.

Instructions are there for a reason
Oh I get it you're a troll. Cool.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I get it you're a troll. Cool.
Oh boy another rocket appliance. A troll is someone that enters conversations and starts talking about unrelated things. I'm right on point with the discussion of white based adhesives and the issue with sweat/water.

I'm here to help If there's other things you struggle with, language wise. I'll be happy to send you a dictionary on my dime. What is your lot number at the trailer park?

You know better than the chemists and manufacturers but I'm a troll. You're a simpleton

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was watching a Curtis YouTube video where he said that if you live in a very hot and humid summer climate your only option is a clear bond.

This made me order some Walker Ultra Hold clear bond. I'm hoping the water based one works that the stylist uses (not sure if it's Ghostbond) but if not I'll ask her to use the clear at next appointment.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't wear yet but I can tell you one thing the days of running my hair under hot water in the shower will be long over. I don't see how that could ever end well. Heat is a hair systems kryptonite based on all I've read.

J9907

Reaction score
I don't wear yet but I can tell you one thing the days of running my hair under hot water in the shower will be long over. I don't see how that could ever end well. Heat is a hair systems kryptonite based on all I've read.
Doesn’t just have to be running it under the shower sweating alone is significantly decreasing the hold time for ghost bond

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t just have to be running it under the shower sweating alone is significantly decreasing the hold time for ghost bond
It's one of the biggest turn off's to me for a system. Especially bc I enjoy the beach in the summer. I'd be paranoid as hell.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you said on a different forum that you did try wearing a system and it didnt work out and now you weren't considering systems any longer

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I believe you, but again you do all kinds of crazy stuff, that I wouldn't suggest.... Such as attachments for a month plus. Not washing the hair. Using high pressure to clean delicate lace... Wearing a system that lost 40% of its hair... To each his own, but not wise decisions in my opinion.

I'm not saying the second you jump in a pool, the entire thing is going to float away. But it is going to be detrimental to a desireable appearance....and strong attachment... If you don't care how it looks, which respectfully, I genuinely feel... is not your highest priority.... You seem to be more interested in keeping the cost as close to dirt as possible and wearing the system as long as possible, with little to no maintenance. Not prioritizing any efforts toward making it looking its best....
Not washing the hair I just tried because of some suggestion on a forum. I actually wash now (once a week with shampoo, once with conditioner only).

Not using high pressure water anymore. That's something I did in the past while still learning. I can't actually get good pressure anymore, because I moved away from that place a long time ago. If I still had it, maybe I would actually, because it hit it away when used in a correct angle quite well. Now I use a spoon or knife which seem to do a similar thing. Then cotton.

The last part is right. Although, I care about a realistic look.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I don't understand why heat is bad. Sunlight is. I still shower with hot water.