Ghost Bond breaking down after shower

J9907

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping to get some support/advice or to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing...
I recently switched over to ghost bond after using UltraHold and I have found that when showering (even after the first day of install) the hairline lifts up. I am not aggressive with washing or anything I just put a bit of conditioner in softly through the hair. Have any of you experienced this?

I am using a 0.08 skin/poly.

Thanks

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every skin is different. That´s why for example PHL sells different glues, one for oily skin, one for sensitive skin or whatever.
Do you have put on the glue the right way ? Thin coats, let every coat dry until its clear ?
I´d like to know why you switched from UltraHold to Ghostbond ?
I´ve heard that Ghost Bond Platinum seems to be the best white glue from PHL.

J9907

Reaction score
thanks for the response.

I think I’m going to try using more coats as I’m not doing enough and see how that works.

Ultrahold works really well it could last me 4+ weeks if I wanted but I switched because it’s so messy when applying and I wanted to try ghost bond.

ndnBaldGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im having the same issue. Two days back I actually did the three coats and then glue but two days later the front hairline is peeling off and just doesnt look right.
not sure if I should use some positioning spray and add another layer of ghost bond or do i need to start from scratch. Or just add ghost bond underneath the lace area thats not bonded. Ugh.

J9907

Reaction score
I am using
Im having the same issue. Two days back I actually did the three coats and then glue but two days later the front hairline is peeling off and just doesnt look right.
not sure if I should use some positioning spray and add another layer of ghost bond or do i need to start from scratch. Or just add ghost bond underneath the lace area thats not bonded. Ugh.
I am using lace and we experiencing the same problem. It’s really frustrating.

BarbieBarber

My Regimen
Reaction score
GhostBond is incredibly "moody" adhesive. It works well and holds like cement in cool, non humid environments, but lifts easy when heat is around or humidity is involved, like in the shower.
Sometimes I find drying out the hairline again with a cool hair dryer, not in your humid bathroom, can cause the adhesive to become very sticky again and often the hairline can be placed back down without adding more, and it can re-seal.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping to get some support/advice or to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing...
I recently switched over to ghost bond after using UltraHold and I have found that when showering (even after the first day of install) the hairline lifts up. I am not aggressive with washing or anything I just put a bit of conditioner in softly through the hair. Have any of you experienced this?

I am using a 0.08 skin/poly.

Thanks
The Carrier is water in ghostbond. That's what keeps it fluid. Once the water evaporates it dries tacky.... and adheres....once water is reintroduced via sweat etc... it will return to its former state, until the water evaporates again. The only way around this is to use acrylic adhesives, as they use a solvent based carrier, unaffected by water.

The same would happen if you introduced alcohol to a cured acrylic adhesive....which is much less likely to happen than water.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The Carrier is water in ghostbond. That's what keeps it fluid. Once the water evaporates it dries tacky.... and adheres....once water is reintroduced via sweat etc... it will return to its former state, until the water evaporates again. The only way around this is to use acrylic adhesives, as they use a solvent based carrier, unaffected by water.

The same would happen if you introduced alcohol to a cured acrylic adhesive....which is much less likely to happen than water.
I wonder why it doesn't happen to me then while showering and swimming.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Irish gent at ProLabs told me to wait 48 hrs. for Ghostbond to cure before showering or getting hot. Sounds extreme. I couldn't wait that long.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I

If you shower or get hot before that period of time, will the ahdesive not work well?
Haven't noticed. The lace will become visible, not blend into the adhesive so well if I do it in like the next 2--18h ((not sure exactly how long that time is), but after a few days it fixes on its on, becomes invisible.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey TooBad, what Solvent based adhesive do u recommend? I know that may be a loaded question and dependent on many variables.....I'm just wondering bc the stylist I'm going to for 1st install next week uses a water based adhesive and I live in high humidity. I've been looking at the Walker clear,is that good one?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey TooBad, what Solvent based adhesive do u recommend? I know that may be a loaded question and dependent on many variables.....I'm just wondering bc the stylist I'm going to for 1st install next week uses a water based adhesive and I live in high humidity. I've been looking at the Walker clear,is that good one?
Yes, walker ultra hold is regarded as the best go to, for clear acrylic.

They also have mighty tight and another company ,davlyn, has black and green. All 3 of those are easier to apply as they are less stringy and a thinner consistency. You do lose a few days hold time though..

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, walker ultra hold is regarded as the best go to, for clear acrylic.

They also have mighty tight and another company ,davlin, has black and green. All 3 of those are easier to apply as they are less stringy and a thinner consistency. You do lose a few days hold time though..
Thank you sir! I think I will try the Walker first and let the stylist do it at least on hairline and I'll practice on my own at home with touch ups until I get the hang of it.

I'll look into the Davlin as well...I was looking at it last night on hair direct website.

Thanks for your help TooBad! I really appreciate your experience and information and assistance for Newbs like me! :)

J9907

Reaction score
Thank you sir! I think I will try the Walker first and let the stylist do it at least on hairline and I'll practice on my own at home with touch ups until I get the hang of it.

I'll look into the Davlin as well...I was looking at it last night on hair direct website.

Thanks for your help TooBad! I really appreciate your experience and information and assistance for Newbs like me! :)
I was originally using Walkers Ultra Hold and the hold is insane and last ages but the application and clean up is so much more messy. Hence why I’ve being trying ghost bond

J9907

Reaction score
Respectfully, I don't understand how many of the situations you experience occur either. It's simple chemistry regarding ghostbond.
Hi TooBad,

I haven’t tried swimming in it yet but if it’s lifted whilst/after showering then isn’t it going to be the same when I swim?

thanks