Getting Worried...not Ready To Be Bald

capgains17

My Regimen
Reaction score
It only shows under the light at this point. What do I do? I think I am thinning relatively quickly. Am I going to be bald?

Attachments

• IMG_1218 (1).JPG
    IMG_1218 (1).JPG
    98 KB · Views: 597

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
unfortunately, unless you start treatment, you will very likely go bald. when did you first start noticing thinning? cause it seems pretty advanced in that pic

capgains17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started noticing it a bit in 2016. See picture from 2016 attached. Then it really didn't progress much, or at least I didn't notice it much. When you say treatment, I am 30, should I be considering a transplant? I almost prefer this option than the daily grind of finasteride and its side effects, although I know surgery is always more drastic. It is thinning in front but the hairline is still very low (very not noticeable in the front).

Attachments

• IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 398

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that looks bad, start finasteride asap, give it 12 months, if no regrowth add either low dose oral minoxidil or topical+dermarolling

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude wtf. How did you not think of anything in 2016! It was bad then.

Get on treatment my guy

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started noticing it a bit in 2016. See picture from 2016 attached. Then it really didn't progress much, or at least I didn't notice it much. When you say treatment, I am 30, should I be considering a transplant? I almost prefer this option than the daily grind of finasteride and its side effects, although I know surgery is always more drastic. It is thinning in front but the hairline is still very low (very not noticeable in the front).
waste of money and donor hair to use a transplant for that.

and your crown is not that bad. if its bothering you, go use some toppik

capgains17

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK I will go on finasteride tomorrow. This seems to be the right path. Do some people not care and just go bald around 30 or does everyone always seek treatment?

HairletCope

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK I will go on finasteride tomorrow. This seems to be the right path. Do some people not care and just go bald around 30 or does everyone always seek treatment?
Most people just let themselves go bald, or try snake oil treatments and then give up. Go on reddit and do a search for "bald", you'll find hundreds of threads where guys ask for advice on what to do if they're losing hair, and get bombarded by other guys telling them there's nothing they can do about it and they need to "just shave it, bro!"

capgains17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I followed everyone's advice and I have been on Finasteride for two weeks now. I am not expecting to see any progress so soon, but I have experienced some side effects:

1. My ejaculate is water, and I do not get hard as easily..it feels strange
2. My eyes have a slightly dry, red quality to them
3. I have experienced 4-5 pounds of weight gain. I have not ever been at this weight and I am certain its not a coincidence\

I want to stay on finasteride but not sure what to make of these side effects. Any advice?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay the course..... Your body is adjusting. Give it atleast 6 months to a year. You obviously want to keep the most hair you can, so ride it out. You'll be good.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I followed everyone's advice and I have been on Finasteride for two weeks now. I am not expecting to see any progress so soon, but I have experienced some side effects:

3. I have experienced 4-5 pounds of weight gain. I have not ever been at this weight and I am certain its not a coincidence\

I want to stay on finasteride but not sure what to make of these side effects. Any advice?
Try not to think about sides, they'll most likely go away on their own.

michaelscofield

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you need to worry that much, sometimes it's normal due to hormonal changes. Wait for 2 - 3 months, and check the difference.

Zaki27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im on finasteride since 5 months and im experiencing the same exact side effects omg! Except for my eyes . Im thinking about dropping it so soon! Not sure .

We need to have a contact , fb or whatsapp plzz.
Text me if u have whatsapp this is my number. +201065589083