Getting Vellus Hairs To Go Terminal

Treyu

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been fighting the fight for the last three years or so, using the standard mix of minoxidil, finasteride, and ketoconazole. I've had alright results, I guess. Aside from the occasional shed, I really don't lose much hair anymore.

Unfortunately, even after all this time, my temples have not filled in. Hair is there, but the terminal hairs stop at roughly a NW2-3, and vellus hairs down to NW1, or even NW0. I've been stuck at this point for almost a year and nothing I've done can get those hairs to go terminal.

Right now my regimen consists of 1mg finasteride daily, 5% minoxidil (generic) once daily, dermarolling and lithium chloride once a week, and the shampoo three times a week. I also take a multivitamin and selenium for my thyroid problems. I really don't know what else to try other than that RU58-whatever stuff, or sandalore, but at this point I'm feeling kind of defeated. I'm considering a hair transplant just to fill in my temples, but I don't know if I'd be a good candidate because of the vellus hairs that are already present.

Anyone else in the same boat? What's worked for you?