Getting Transplant One Side Done At A Time?

subterfuge

Reaction score
I have an unsual questions that i've not seen asked anywhere.

Basically, I want a hair transplant. my hairline has receded and gotten very thin in the corners. They are the areas I want to concentrate on. I think I need about 1500 grafts in these 'corners' to help thicken them and essentially 'straighten' my hairline

Now, I wonder if it's possible to get just one side done, with the intention of getting the other side done at a later date.
I figure:
-It'd mean I don't have to lay out so much money
-It'd be less noticeable as I'd go for an (unshaved in the recipient area) transplant so would be able to more easily hide it by styling with a kind of side part
-It's mean that if in the event the work wasn't as good as i'd hoped, i'd be able to have the other side done by a different surgeon, so not putting all of your eggs in one basket

It's just an idea and i've maybe not thought it through properly, but wondered what you thought?!

I've been consulting with a surgeon in Hungary who said he'd be happy to do a FUE transplant without shaving the recipient area, and he said that he'd do 1500 grafts over two days ANWYAY, so i'm guessing then that there's no reason that a 'gap' between transplants is bad or anything...

I haven't asked him about doing just one side, though! Thought i'd ask you guys first before I embarrass myself lol

my hair:
https://imgur.com/a/M1r9R
after shower
https://imgur.com/a/bxReq

other
https://imgur.com/a/eqaHo

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bad idea. Firstly there are no decent Hungarian surgeons, also your loss is extremely mild and your density is still strong, so you probably shouldn't even go for a procedure at this point.

Contact a real doctor like Erdogan, Keser or Lupanzula for example and see what they suggest. Do the whole thing and with a proper doctor or forget it.

subterfuge

Reaction score
Hi @JeanLucBB
Thanks for replying.

A few people on here have posted impressive 'after' photos from their visit to hairpalace which is also in Hungary?

I wish I was rich, but most of us will have to settle for the best 'in their price range'.

so them concerns aside, what about the actual idea of doing only one side? Any obvious reasons against it that i'm missing?

cheers

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @JeanLucBB
Thanks for replying.

A few people on here have posted impressive 'after' photos from their visit to hairpalace which is also in Hungary?

I wish I was rich, but most of us will have to settle for the best 'in their price range'.

so them concerns aside, what about the actual idea of doing only one side? Any obvious reasons against it that i'm missing?

cheers

The obvious reason is that it will look unnatural, it will lose worse than it does now, it may not have enough density in which case you have one and a half sides to fill in, I mean it's just a terrible idea. From what I'm seeing that clinic has a decent reputation, but the one side idea is just plain retarded.

subterfuge

Reaction score
OK. I just thought it would be a good way to 'hide' the transplant and then get the other side done a year later by the same surgeon assuming that I was happy with the work, but I'll bow down to your expertise and scrap the idea, lol. And yeah, hairpalace seem to have a decent reputation, although they insist on shaving the recipient area, hence I was consulting with a different surgeon in Hungary
cheers

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK. I just thought it would be a good way to 'hide' the transplant and then get the other side done a year later by the same surgeon assuming that I was happy with the work, but I'll bow down to your expertise and scrap the idea, lol. And yeah, hairpalace seem to have a decent reputation, although they insist on shaving the recipient area, hence I was consulting with a different surgeon in Hungary
cheers

Just an opinion too, but generally I think results from totally shaven recipient tend to be a little more refined. There is no technical reason it should be less possible to do successfully, but it makes the surgery more difficult for the doctor which could potentially result in mistakes or less refined work.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
W

T

F

Some people must think surgeons are like secretaries:
"- please Ms. Hughes, send this letter today and the other one eight days from now"

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Instead of getting a hair transplant just put a gun in your mouth. f*****g terrible idea unless you want to be disfigured for the rest of your life. What happens when you lose the rest of your hair?

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take finasteride and you will be fine. Your hair is fine as it is now. If you just took more minoxidil and dermarolled I am sure you would gain in density.