Getting Real About 1st hair transplant And Those Around Nw2/3..

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 30. Sides went back since about 24/25 but seem to be at bayish after going 1.25mg finasteride ED for a year. Plus I recently gave up bad habits (smoking for one) which contribute to DHT and sh*t.

Here's my take. Everyone's take is different but the majority of population doesn't give a flying crap about NW2/NW3 even. They rarely connect anything to balding unless the crown or vertex is thinning. Weird? Yes.

Us NW2-3's are in a very odd dilemma. Do we both hair transplant now or when we see it progress to past NW3? If my wife, family, friends, and public aren't saying a word and we can keep it bay for another 10 years.. perhaps I should just suck it up, get a new hair cut and contemplate hair transplant only after (if) I get past NW3?

Just curious to hear others.. Personally, I think hair transplant can be a great confidence booster but at my stage, could it also do some mental (and physical to some degree) damage? I'm just asking if you all think I should rock my look, keep regimen, at least until it really takes another turn south? I'm doing what I should have done years ago so maybe just see that play out until at least I'm 35?

Attachments

• hair 10.2016.png
    hair 10.2016.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 597

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man.

My hair was like yours maybe a year ago and I wasn't really contemplating a transplant. Youre able to cover your temples quite well and have a good head shape/density to do so.

I'm 26 now and my forelock is thinning drastically and temples receding deeper regardless of being on finasteride and now the transplant is what I'm looking into. It's harder to style now than ever to cover it. Basically I know now is the time I need to do something or ill be NW4 or 3a in no time.

I think you're good for now but what I'm saying is you'll know when you're at the point you need to either shave and accept or go with the transplant. And I don't youre there yet

Reactions: FBP

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man.

My hair was like yours maybe a year ago and I wasn't really contemplating a transplant. Youre able to cover your temples quite well and have a good head shape/density to do so.

I'm 26 now and my forelock is thinning drastically and temples receding deeper regardless of being on finasteride and now the transplant is what I'm looking into. It's harder to style now than ever to cover it. Basically I know now is the time I need to do something or ill be NW4 or 3a in no time.

I think you're good for now but what I'm saying is you'll know when you're at the point you need to either shave and accept or go with the transplant. And I don't youre there yet

I respect and feel your desire for hair transplant. I never realized the important of density until lately. At first I never felt bad for those just thinning. I was able to firm up my density so easily but now I realize I never really had big density issues so I went from normal to just thicker. Those on finasteride+ who still have density issues in their 20s in key areas deserve much more sympathy than I do. I'm 30 with sides mildly receding. More than half are like me (from HS) w the sides and I at least have density to make up for it plus a good regimen to give me hopefully 30's free of any potential hair transplant. I should feel happy(ier) about myself.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I respect and feel your desire for hair transplant. I never realized the important of density until lately. At first I never felt bad for those just thinning. I was able to firm up my density so easily but now I realize I never really had big density issues so I went from normal to just thicker. Those on finasteride+ who still have density issues in their 20s in key areas deserve much more sympathy than I do. I'm 30 with sides mildly receding. More than half are like me (from HS) w the sides and I at least have density to make up for it plus a good regimen to give me hopefully 30's free of any potential hair transplant. I should feel happy(ier) about myself.

Yeah my hair isn't as thick as yours but it's still decent enough. That plus toppik really helps me with my terrible hairline. If I had my hairline now plus bad diffuse loss I'd be completely ruined at this point. With my concealer my hair looks as thick as yours.

I think you'll be good for ATLEAST a few more years before you should consider the transplant route.

Reactions: FBP

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with KO21, I didn't even notice any hair loss in the photo until you pulled it back, even then only slightly

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with KO21, I didn't even notice any hair loss in the photo until you pulled it back, even then only slightly

Appreciate it. I think I'm coming full circle back into reality because at 30 I think my hairline has risen just a bit like many men who get older which made me think things were worsening more than they actually were. I also have to stop comparing stuff because some people just have a lower hairline than others as well. Safe to say I think I can continue (or modify slightly) my regimen, style my damn hair like an adult, and forget transplant anytime soon unless it makes a steep turn. Thanks gents. Perspective is everything sometimes.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're an NW2 with perfect density, of course nobody noticed anything, there's nothing to notice. With that hairline and density hair transplant is totally unnecessary. When you get to 2.5 or 3, your hairline no longer looks good and if you're thinning too then it looks awful. 2.5-3 is a good time to get your hairline done.