Getting "outed" Fear: Wet Or Wind?

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember back in college when i was diffusing. Was petrified of getting my hair WET
in front of people, in the pool, sweating, or not wearing a hat in winter and having to
"comb" it at class.

I developed a pretty early phobia-like procedure of having to shampoo my hair anytime
it got out of place, because it seemed like that was the only way to make it look normal.

WIND never bothered me in those early days, but damn that sucker was taking a VENGEANCE
on me later. After i started corporate work it was two disasters waiting to happen

1. walking in downtown seattle during the lunch hour with a co-worker wearing a shirt and tie
and having that sh*t blow everywhere. Oh.......and trying not to act like it bothered me

2. Standing in line at a movie with a date on a friday night and the wind kicking up

For that matter
3. Being shampooed and exit the car to walk to the girls door, and damn if that wind didnt
kick up and blow my combover in the precise wrong direction.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAkmttZENXVsW-AyQGojfnizmW6TfrtIfl6ae_CmdRpTTlyG_x.jpg

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best is when the wind is blowing and you casually turn your head to the direction of the wind so that it doesn't blow anything out of place, I always wonder if it's discrete or I just look like a moron... ha.... :(

Yeah, that was an entire LIFESTYLE for me. Sorry to shout, but i do like to emphasize words.

I remember being on entire dates and if it was a daytime date, the entire thing would be about avoiding wind.

I even remember going to certain cantina patios to make sure the wind wasnt bad before taking a date there.

I

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yeah, that was an entire LIFESTYLE for me. Sorry to shout, but i do like to emphasize words.

I remember being on entire dates and if it was a daytime date, the entire thing would be about avoiding wind.

I even remember going to certain cantina patios to make sure the wind wasnt bad before taking a date there.

I

Bro that's nothing, I specifically plan dates for when the sun goes down so thatthe suns natural lighting doesn't kill my first impressions. I also google restaurants before I take girls on dates there to make sure the lighting won't wrekt me, now that's a LIFESTYLE.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro that's nothing, I specifically plan dates for when the sun goes down so thatthe suns natural lighting doesn't kill my first impressions. I also google restaurants before I take girls on dates there to make sure the lighting won't wrekt me, now that's a LIFESTYLE.

This. I don't even bother meeting girls who want to date before they have sex anymore.

shookwun

Reaction score
The best is when the wind is blowing and you casually turn your head to the direction of the wind so that it doesn't blow anything out of place, I always wonder if it's discrete or I just look like a moron... ha.... :(
hated this sh*t so much.

awkwardly walking downtown, then suddenly adjusting in a tilted fashion to break the wind.

getting anxious, and cursing in public when the wind starts to blow through my comb over. panicking to get to a bathroom in time, while carrying hair spray, and a tooth comb every where I go.

So happy i am over this sh*t, Finally being able to walk in a straight fashion, and not having a single f*** in my head when the wind blows through. Because truth be told, the wind feels so nice.

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hated this sh*t so much.

awkwardly walking downtown, then suddenly adjusting in a tilted fashion to break the wind.

getting anxious, and cursing in public when the wind starts to blow through my comb over. panicking to get to a bathroom in time, while carrying hair spray, and a tooth comb every where I go.

So happy i am over this sh*t, Finally being able to walk in a straight fashion, and not having a single f*** in my head when the wind blows through. Because truth be told, the wind feels so nice.

What did you have made to get out of this situation??

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Haha this is all too familiar...going to the pool/beach so carefully as to not accidently get my hair wet, looking like a clown while swimming.

In the winter, having my head freeze to death because I wouldn't wear a beanie, since it would mess up my combover.

Everytime it rains, looking in panic for some cover.

If it is windy and I have to meet someone in person, beginning to panic as to what my hair looks like, looking for a car mirror or anything I can find beforehand.

Just lol.

Johnsmith1984

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say Diffusing can you please explain what that means? Because I've heard people say Diffusing but have their hairline just diffusing due to diet or stress like Telogen Effluvium is this what you mean? What does diffuse hair loss look like in terms of male pattern baldness?

shookwun

Reaction score
Haha this is all too familiar...going to the pool/beach so carefully as to not accidently get my hair wet, looking like a clown while swimming.

In the winter, having my head freeze to death because I wouldn't wear a beanie, since it would mess up my combover.

Everytime it rains, looking in panic for some cover.

If it is windy and I have to meet someone in person, beginning to panic as to what my hair looks like, looking for a car mirror or anything I can find beforehand.

Just lol.
sub human existence. i know these feels all to well.

lol at the whole strategically swimming, but keeping head above water while attempting to have fun.

been there done that,

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember going on a boys weekend away and the first night out on the town a massive storm hit. Wind gusts of 50 miles an hour.

I tried to stay in bar of our hotel all night.They all wanted to bar hop all around town.As soon as I stepped outside I felt all my hair get picked up and twisted around.I had to keep running to the bathroom to try and fix my hair do. Luckily I took a comb but I couldn’t fix it as I had so much hairspray in it.. I left very early that night a shattered man.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was born with an enormous forehead, so I have had hair anxiety my whole life. It's also why I have a very low tolerance for any further hair loss.

For me it's always been about the wind.

It's been a problem my whole life. I spent my entire 17-21 year old years in undergrad in a hat, despite being NW1 at the time, because my campus was windy and every time I would walk from one building to another I would just be trying to tilt/turn my head constantly to minimize it from blowing my hair up and "exposing" my horrible proportions.

It sounds minor perhaps but it quite honestly has really affected my life the whole way along.

Reactions: Emu

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I think the wind affects everyone. Obviously it is going to be more of a nuisance when you have a comb over, but the wind can make anyone have a bad hair day especially if your hair is longer (ask any girl).

Anyway, it used to piss me off so much when walking to class or going to the beach on windy days cause I kept my bangs long to cover up my hairline.

Now, I enjoy the wind cause it reminds me of all the thick hair I have :)

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I think the wind affects everyone. Obviously it is going to be more of a nuisance when you have a comb over, but the wind can make anyone have a bad hair day especially if your hair is longer (ask any girl).

Anyway, it used to piss me off so much when walking to class or going to the beach on windy days cause I kept my bangs long to cover up my hairline.

Now, I enjoy the wind cause it reminds me of all the thick hair I have :)

Are you on propecia?