Getting Nipple Pain/tingling On Finasteride

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 22 and have been on finasteride for about 2 and a half months, taking 1mg every second day for the most part, but more recently taking it every day.

I’ve noticed a little bit of brief tingling/sharpish pain for a second in my nipple a few times a day. Has anyone else experienced this, and then not developed gynecomastia? It’s been happening the last week or so.

Does the fact I’m getting this feeling mean I’m getting gyno, or could I get this but nothing happen?

I had gyno from puberty and got surgery for it a couple of years ago so I really don’t want it again and will jump off finasteride if I see any growing/puffiness in the slightest.

Anyone else had this or got any info on this? Thanks <3

(It’s definitely not placebo btw, I’ve had no other side effects at all from finasteride up until now but I’m definitely feeling this)

TheDarkHour

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go back to 1mg every other day. From what I've heard getting any sort of sensation in you nipples means you could get gyno. Part of the reason why I quit finasteride is because like you I already had gyno (from preteens though) and didn't want to worsen it. I was taking it everyday and got other side effects.

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go back to 1mg every other day. From what I've heard getting any sort of sensation in you nipples means you could get gyno. Part of the reason why I quit finasteride is because like you I already had gyno (from preteens though) and didn't want to worsen it. I was taking it everyday and got other side effects.
Thanks man, yeah I think I might have a little break then try again with every second day. Like I really, really don't want gynecomastia again as I'm sure you don't either. But obviously I'm 22 so I'd love to keep my hair.

So you've completely quit finasteride? not considering lowering your dosage?

TheDarkHour

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah I think I might have a little break then try again with every second day. Like I really, really don't want gynecomastia again as I'm sure you don't either. But obviously I'm 22 so I'd love to keep my hair.

So you've completely quit finasteride? not considering lowering your dosage?

I've been debating on whether I should get back on it at 0.5mg every other day. Hoping that if I do that it might not boost my testosterone as much which in turn would reduce the amount aromatizing to estrogen. Been posting a lot on forums on whether I should get back on it. Also plan to get advice from a transplant doctor about the same thing. I'm just really hesitant to get on the drug since it seemed like I was a hyper responder.

Anyway, I think it would be best if you resume with a small dosage of finasteride. Give it a few more weeks and resume with 0.5mg every other day on finasteride and see how it helps with maintenance and regrowth. If it seems to work than I'd stick with that dosage, if not then move onto 1mg EOD like before. Wouldn't take it every day I were you. According to the hairloss show on YouTube 1mg 3x week is good enough. 0.5mg and 1mg also slash about the same amount of DHT.

Last edited:

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been debating on whether I should get back on it at 0.5mg every other day. Hoping that if I do that it might not boost my testosterone as much which in turn would reduce the amount aromatizing to estrogen. Been posting a lot on forums on whether I should get back on it. Also plan to get advice from a transplant doctor about the same thing. I'm just really hesitant to get on the drug since it seemed like I was a hyper responder.

Anyway, I think it would be best if you resume with a small dosage of finasteride. Give it a few more weeks and resume with 0.5mg every other day on finasteride and see how it helps with maintenance and regrowth. If it seems to work than I'd stick with that dosage, if not then move onto 1mg EOD like before. Wouldn't take it every day I were you. According to the hairloss show on YouTube 1mg 3x week is good enough. 0.5mg and 1mg also slash about the same amount of DHT.
Yeah I think I'm going to have have a week or two off then try 1mg 3x a week - just checked out the hairloss show and it's great! Thanks for mentioning them!