Getting MPG on side of head and back, and full hair transplant for scalp. is it good idea?

shree

Reaction score
Suppose a person have good hair density on back and sides and always gets undercut, then is it good idea to do MPG on sides and back and place all hair from back and sides directly into scalp and get a sharp looking hairline? if its a good idea, whats are the options of doing it in late 20's / early 30's? I know its too much to ask to have a hairline like i'm 15 (i'm 18 now, pretty bad hairline recession), but i'm on high expectations..... :-(

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen anybody with micro pigmentation in person? (not photos, they can be deceiving). I have never seen anybody who had this done (only photos). Reports are conflicting, about how this looks. Some people say it looks good, others say it doesn't.

I guess you are asking about harvesting grafts very heavily from the sides (basically clearing the area out) and then micro-pigmenting the area where the grafts used to be? This sounds rather extreme (but not impossible). You would still need to find a doctor who does excellent FUE work (FUE doesn't mean a thing, if the grafts don't grow, or if they aren't angled naturally, or if you have terrible scarring in the donor area). And because many of the best doctors might hesitate to do radical approaches like this, it might be difficult to find a good doctor who agrees to do it. However, there seems to be many doctors who would be happy to take your money and then experiment on you. Be careful.

Also, something else. Not all the hairs on the side of the head are permanent. Transplanting them would be a waste of time (even worse, actually - it would cause scarring in the recipient area, without the benefit of a hair growing there). So you'd probably leave a lot of the hair on the sides alone. So your micropigmentation would have to match the remaining hairs that didn't get moved (possibly difficult). You know the area where strips are taken from? That "sweet spot" is where the most 'permanent' hairs are located (it's no accident that is where strips are taken from). Once you go outside that zone, the hairs are likely to be less permanent, the further you get. Just something to consider. I don't have an answer to your question, just wanted to bring up some points.

I would not want to be the first person to try this.

shree

Reaction score
thnx

K, thank you so much for the review, if come across with any suggestion later feel free to ping me :-D. I hope you will discuss this ur Doctor. if possible, would be glad to see his review as well :-D