actually I'll likely be having fish tacos
182879655_695d9ec917.jpg

Looks yummy..............

except for the ominous looking white stuff on the edge of the plate

:whistle:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok after Cassin hijacked the thread with hes semen food ill try to take it back on track.

My take on marriage is that it only lasts for couples that are true soul mates, no matter how gay it sounds.
ill never get marrieg unless i find EXACTLY what i want, and for her to settle for me also lowers the chances for mariage here so i dont get my hopes up... but if the right person comes along i would love to get married... i just lost hope it will ever happen.. all the good girls are taken by now by their highschool sweethearts and sh*t like that. :thumbdown2:

anyone that says getting married has anything to do with money is a cheap basterd imo... thats the last reason not to get married if you find that right person.

Cassin

Reaction score
Smooth said:
Ok after Cassin hijacked the thread with hes semen food ill try to take it back on track.

My take on marriage is that it only lasts for couples that are true soul mates, no matter how gay it sounds.
ill never get marrieg unless i find EXACTLY what i want, and for her to settle for me also lowers the chances for mariage here so i dont get my hopes up... but if the right person comes along i would love to get married... i just lost hope it will ever happen.. all the good girls are taken by now by their highschool sweethearts and sh*t like that. :thumbdown2:

anyone that says getting married has anything to do with money is a cheap basterd imo... thats the last reason not to get married if you find that right person.

lol

..... and well said.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
WOW

Some of you guys are simply retarded.

If you don't personally believe in marriage that's just fine but labelling it antiquated etc is genuinely retarded.

Simply because many people these days are equally spastic to get married when they aren't ready / financially stable etc, or marry the wrong person or simply marry to soon etc (these are the factors that really shoot up the divorce stats immensely) it shouldn't reflect poorly on marriage itself, simply the participants and how it is used.

I'm definately getting married. Its a life commitment to your partner. A stable committed couple can draw great strength from this (and comfort i suppose) to form a family, have a matrimonial home and literally be each others other halves in most senses.

You say you can do this without the piece of paper - yes, indeed you can. But the formalised bit maybe helps people through hard times and gives the little bit of extra committment to once another.

Peple taking marriage lightly is what makes it look bad. Just like for example how certain Catholic priests make the whole religion look bad.

In all, i cant wait to get married to my eventual gorgeous wife :)D). I'll really want to marry, have kids and have a great happy family, but i am aware everything needs to be in place. I wont do it just to "go through the motions" or "for the sake of it".

Most of the happiest people are families i know are from happy marriages etc. I konw some people who are in perfectly happy long term relationships etc that arent technically married - there's nothing wrong with that just like theres nothing wrong with marriage.

HughJass

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Its a life commitment to your partner.

Nah, it's just a contract. Read CCS's post again.

A stable committed couple can draw great strength from this (and comfort i suppose) to form a family, have a matrimonial home and literally be each others other halves in most senses.

A tad idealistic, don't you think?

You say you can do this without the piece of paper - yes, indeed you can. But the formalised bit maybe helps people through hard times and gives the little bit of extra committment to once another.

Depends what you mean by hard times.... if you mean the odd argument that comes and goes/water off a ducks back then your relationship was dandy to start with, making the formal act of marriage-
a)nothing more than a empty and expensive token
b)completely unnecessary
c)a form of exhibitionism where you wanted the world to know, even though nobody really cared to begin with, but thanks for the cake and booze
d)a primitive need humans have to mark occasions with ceremony ie turn into some kind of quasi religous thing, usually to fill some kind of void
e)a great way to lose your friends: nobody wants to hang around with people who have to do EVERYTHING as a couple, nor do they want to be around someone who has to 'check in' with his or her partner via phone call and text msg every 5 minues if they let them off the leash for an evening or two. I could probably expand on this little clause for at least 8 big paragraphs.

But If 'hard times' is more than an argument then it's crazy to think formality and pieces of paper can't ever turn a relationship on the skids into a happy one. It's just one big nightmarish web of legal bullshit which corners people into accepting one of two bad choices= tolerate this person you don't like anymore for the end of your natural life or go through the big legal settlement headache and probably end up in a crap financial situation until you die(if you're a guy at least)

the end.

oni

Reaction score
Well it really is just a ring and a party.......................................

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thinking about it getting married is basically payed labour
because a real husband gets the wife to do the cooking/laundry and cleaning
a divorce is just a means of her getting a paypacket

all you have to do is legalise polygamy and you could run a small business :whistle:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know.... one woman is more then enough for my handeling :S

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:

Even after saying you are going to dump an attractive girl because she makes spelling errors you can't even spell married or marriage properly as you've miss spelt them in the above quote :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Considering English is'nt his first language though Dave. :whistle:

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just thought I'd mention. Washington DC legalized same-sex marriage recently and my partner and I are getting married! We haven't set a date yet, but probably late September. Anyway, just thought I'd share the good news!

Nene

Reaction score
Cassin said:
congrats man!

why people give a sh*t someone who's gay gets married is beyond me.

Absolutely agree, why does it bother people? They should mind their own damn business. Congrats Jay Bear.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Anyone in the DC area in September come have a drink with us! The party will be epic!!!!

CCS

Reaction score
I'm happy for you JayBear, but I think your win in the squable with the religious right is small peas compared the financial disaster the bailouts in washington are about to cause. We will all become slaves, if we don't starve to death. They just threw you a bone to help them get in office.