getting better after switching to Dutas

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had success and gradully thickened for the first 8 months. Months 8 - 13 were DOWNHILL and was almost baseline at month 13. I switched to Dutas at month 13 after being on Proscar for 13 months. It's about 14 and 1/2 months and it's thickened back up along the hairline and top and I feel short spikey hairs again in between the longer hair FINALLY. It could have been along shedding and cycling phase, or it could be the DUTAS. Im betting on the switch to Dutas personally.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
hey wangho..long time no see. Hope youre doing well. Sounds like the spiky hair thing is a good sign. From what I gather, a thinning out period after 1 year and a bit isnt that unnatural. in my personal case, it was the hair that came back MUCH thicker thats made the most cosmetic difference. Not necessarilly the new growth. Maybe thats what will happen to you. good luck.

CCS

Reaction score
hair is most dense in the summer, and sheds fastest in november in the northern hemisphere. many 3-6 month "studies" take advantage of this by starting in march and ending in august.

usually they only get small effects. Like corn oil regrows 80% as much hair as emu oil, and many people on this site are thinking of buying the stuff now. I think it is a rip off. Use it to make a cream vehicle for spironolactone if you want. i think flax and borage are better, just to take care of dryness.