Getting Bad Panic Attacks 7 Words. Hair Loss..

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm losing the plot.

Got a haircut and for the first time i realised how bad my hair is. I use toppik on my crown and i'm praying finasteride helps with the rest but i'm having panic attacks

my gf left me a few months ago and i know i'll never get a girl like her, i'm short and balding to make it worse my hair is greying and i'm only 25.

It really is over for me. I have panic attacks about this

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really much I can say other than I'm sorry to hear this and hope things get better for you. If you need someone to vent to, I'd suggest therapy. It helped for me for a while. Otherwise, just try and soldier on as best you can. Losing your hair at a young age isn't fun (I know from personal experience), but it gets better over time and things get easier. The social losses get smaller, women get a bit more forgiving. Hang on in there and best of luck,
BiBiBaldy

P.S. a bit of advice: consider dropping the finasteride. I got permanent side effects from another hairloss drug that have really damaged my body and altered my life. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of something similar, for the sake of preserving some (probably) thin hair. If you don't have your hair, there's still something to salvage. If you don't have your health, you have nothing.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really much I can say other than I'm sorry to hear this and hope things get better for you. If you need someone to vent to, I'd suggest therapy. It helped for me for a while. Otherwise, just try and soldier on as best you can. Losing your hair at a young age isn't fun (I know from personal experience), but it gets better over time and things get easier. The social losses get smaller, women get a bit more forgiving. Hang on in there and best of luck,
BiBiBaldy

P.S. a bit of advice: consider dropping the finasteride. I got permanent side effects from another hairloss drug that have really damaged my body and altered my life. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of something similar, for the sake of preserving some (probably) thin hair. If you don't have your hair, there's still something to salvage. If you don't have your health, you have nothing.
which drug gave permanent damage to your health? I am on dutasteride right now..... thankss

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which drug gave permanent damage to your health? I am on dutasteride right now..... thankss
For me it was Minoxidil that I reacted badly to. Mate, if you're legitimately taking f*****g dutasteride, stop now. As far as I know, that drug isn't even approved to treat hairloss. There's no telling what it could be doing to your body.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it was Minoxidil that I reacted badly to. Mate, if you're legitimately taking f*****g dutasteride, stop now. As far as I know, that drug isn't even approved to treat hairloss. There's no telling what it could be doing to your body.

well who knows, ashton kutcher been taking duta for years and he seems fine

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well who knows, ashton kutcher been taking duta for years and he seems fine
It may be, I'm not disagreeing with you. However, the operative word here is probably "seems". We have no way of knowing what's really going on in Ashton's body - he could have many internal issues we don't know about. The long and the short of it is that until several, really high-quality long-term studies are done, we can't really have any idea about the long-term effects of dutasteride. Post-finasteride syndrome is patently a thing and cuts down thousands of previously healthy young men a year. Are you telling me that dutasteride is likely to be better? I think its it's unlikely. The jury is out until tests, and, faced with such uncertainty, I think it's prudent to advise people to be cautious.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride has been approved in south korea and japan for hair loss, i don't think they are incompetent at researching drugs and their effects.