getting a translpant with DR ARMANI OMG

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
HEllo

I have a transplant booked with Dr armani for MAY first. ANways the PRE AND POST OP STUFF SEEMS UNREAL!

WE cant exercise for 3 months?!?!?!?!? I had no idea of this! ANd we CANT LIFT WEIGHTS FOR 6 months????? I AM so angry because of this IM not sure what to do?!?!? PArt of looking good is keeping a nice body well a whole head of hair is USELESS if i have a nasty body god there must be some way around this?

IT says keep pets away from ur place for 2 weeks well THe pets that live in this house are NOT MINE and they are 3 cats well they are here to stay theirs no way i can kick them out on the street for 2 weeks and then bring them back god some of the sh*t thats on the contract is unreal like we are f*****g robots or something???

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well congrats on booking your surgery! can you tell us any details about it? how many grafts, what area you are covering and maybe what Norwood you are right now?

i had no idea about all the conditions like excercise and having pets around, maybe someone can explain that.

good luck! you picked a good doctor.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
im a norwood 3

im going to be getting 3000 grafts using STRIP

Im also NOT ALLOWED To touch the grafted area for 4 weeks! How is that possible? my hair will be covering it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
These post op instructions seem odd. I've never heard anything that harsh before. With excercise you're talking weeks not months, never heard pets mentioned before and that not touching your scalp? Maybe for a a day or 2 but after that is fine.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Few things on the contract I need your advice for

When I went in for the in person consultation Dr armani seemed pretty convinced that I was going to get good results. BUt on the contract forms NOTHING is gurenteed I guess all the drs do this to protect themselves in case right? Because after our surgery we could go home and easily f*** the whole thing up and totally mess up our results correct? SO i am not to worried about that.

WHAT i am worried about iis on this form it says people with dark hair and light skin may that the transplant MAY NOT look natural ??? Well I was not aware of this in my consultation everything seemed totally fine and I was seen as a good candidate. WEll if the results would not look natural why on earth would I be a good candidate? I have sent them an e mail about this waiting for the response would just like to hear what u guys think...

PS ALSO WRITTEN IN the contract is if you dont quit smoking after ur surgery you will get poor growth LOL I dont mind tho i quit smoking 2 years ago but i think thats funny that smoking could do that?

trapsource

Reaction score
He is only being careful. Smoking will stunt growth because it restricts blood flow. I worked ou after 25 days, but for some the scar will strech before that. If you want the absolute best results you must follow the rules. If you smoke three packs a day after the surgery is it the doctors fault? He just means all these things are in place to get the best results possible. Do some more reaserch and find out why these things need to be followed. The doctors list and prepare for every and any extreme complication imaginable.
Ive had two surgeries with him and the results are fantastic, so follow the rules and in the long run youll be happier. Dont have a scar the size of your thumb across your head for life because you couldnt wait a month to train. It killed me to stay out of the gym for a month, but 5 months later all is back to normal and its worth the wait not to jepordize your scalp.