Getting a system again after shaving for 10 years...

jasenwm

Reaction score
I stated losing my hair when I was 21. When it started it went quick! I joined the military at 22 and shaved my head. When I was 25 I got my first system from HCM. Mind you I have a perfectly shaped head thank god and look really good with it shaved. But I just couldn't help feel that I looked older then I was a d didn't look my best, so I got a system. This was around 2001 by the way. I loved it! I loved the way I looked and all was well. I wore the system for about a year and then we had my daughter. Kids cost money and HCM was not cheap so I had to make a choice. I was back to shaving my head. I didn't mind really because I looked good and it was less maintiance. I left the military in 2003 and divorced. For the next 10 years I embraced my hairlessness and continued shaving. Like I said I looked good and had no problem with getting women but something was not right.....I don't know every time I was out with my friends I just felt I was ''the bald guy'' I look younger then my age, i'm 37, because I'm very good looking and have a young face but I always felt people looked at me diffrently and some women that would normally pay attention to me didn't because of the bald thing. Now I shaved my head with a razor because I was trying like all of use to hide the dreaded horse shoe look. Even when you shave it you can still clearly see the shadow and tell you are bald. So long story short I'm in the process of growing my hair out on the sides and back and in a month or I'll have my system. I'm more excited then then you know! People ask me why am I doing it if I look good with a bald head? My reply is because I look better with hair. I'm 37 and I figure I have about 15 more years of looking my best until I'm old no one cares, I want to look my best as long as I can. Mostly all my friends know I'm getting a system ,I had to tell them because I'm really bald like a NW5-6. I have plenty on the sides and back but zero on the top. So no way could I show up to work one day with a full head of hair. To my surprise all the one's iv'e told did not care or said I shouldn't because I look good without hair. Some said but it's a wig? I say listen, women are totally fake, fake hair,nails,make up,eye lashes,eye brows,heels to make them taller,fake teeth,tans everything is fake. What is wrong with a guy getting fake hair to make himself look better? I say absolutly nothing! Sorry if my story was boring but I wanted to share the excitement!

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your story,its very motivational,I am a couple of years older and I still want to look good.
Anyways keep us posted on your progress,I like to see other people succeed when it comes to hair loss and getting their hair back,best wishes to you and happy holidays.

jacobbuck

Reaction score
I would really like to see pictures both of you bald and with a hair piece to see the difference if you didn't mind

jasenwm

Reaction score
I will try to post two pics let me see if I can do it

- - - Updated - - -

bald.jpgme pic.jpg the bald pic I'm 36 in the pic with my hair I was 17. I think I look better with hair do you agree?

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
You look good bald. That's lucky for you. I know your feeling, because you always want to look THE BEST. So I understand you. What does your surroundings say to it? If I ever get one, I will keep it as a secret as long as possible.

Would you mind posting a picture of you with a piece?

jasenwm

Reaction score
You look good bald. That's lucky for you. I know your feeling, because you always want to look THE BEST. So I understand you. What does your surroundings say to it? If I ever get one, I will keep it as a secret as long as possible.

Would you mind posting a picture of you with a piece?
Amazing I can't find one with a piece, but I look the same with the pic with real hair. I think I look good bald but but you never see prince charming or any other leading man bald. So hair I go!

Jack91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liked your story, I guess I thought by the time I was 37 I thought I would be comfortable enough to ditch my fake hair, however I totally understand where you are coming from. I’m 22 and have been wearing a piece since I was 20 and I know what it is like to feel way older than your mates, especially around women. These days there a quite a few good online sellers such as Northwest Lace and Coolpiece, if you’re up for going DIY. Have a look and let me know what you think.

jasenwm

Reaction score
Liked your story, I guess I thought by the time I was 37 I thought I would be comfortable enough to ditch my fake hair, however I totally understand where you are coming from. I’m 22 and have been wearing a piece since I was 20 and I know what it is like to feel way older than your mates, especially around women. These days there a quite a few good online sellers such as Northwest Lace and Coolpiece, if you’re up for going DIY. Have a look and let me know what you think.

I'm waiting for my hair to grow out enough, should be the end of jan. I'm going to this lady that has been doing systems for 20 years and is actully good friends with Sy Sperling. I'm going to go to her until I feel comfortable with what I'm doing,but the ultimate goal is to do it myself. I have a few grays in my hair and she suggested I get maybe 10 percent gary in my piece. I'm just going to dye my hair if that is the case, I can't see the point of getting hair if I have gray and it is going to make me look old anyway? I'll post pics once I get it for you all to check out.