Getting A Side Effect At Very Low Dose finasteride.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I decided to try an extremely low dose of finasteride. after 2 doses of 0.25, EOD, my semen has literally become water. it was so runny. ridiculous. the desire for sex is also a fair bit lower. I had a guaranteed sexual encounter earlier today. All I had to do was show up, but I just didn't feel like it. Maybe it's because in my mind I knew I had been experimenting with finasteride, and the whole lack of drive thing was purely placebo. However, Testing it out with masturbating and seeing how watery my semen was, suggests it might not have been placebo. That's not something my brain can decide to dictate.

I will say that after the first dose, there wasn't much change. everything was still decent. it was the day after the second one where I've been feeling extremely 'meh' about sex, and having the extremely thin semen. This suggests that the blocking of DHT effects definitely last a fair bit after the drug is in your system.

I just think it's crazy that such a low dose can cause that kind of effect. For people willing to take it long term, I think using smaller doses might be more cost-effective. I think that's me off it for good now though.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that it's 'nothing' dosing wise. I made the post as I'm actually surprised by it man. How could nocebo make my semen like water though?

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
0.25 isn’t “nothing”. It’s enough to see serum DHT levels plummet approximately 60%. That will be noticeable in some users.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, i guess my main reason for posting is to let people know that such a low dose can still affect the body, and hence, might be good for the hair.

I'm extremely lean with a very fast metabolism so I dunno if that factors into any of this