Getting A Second Fue To Fill In Density

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's up guys.

This is kind of an odd question. I'm fast approaching month 3 after recovering from a hair transplant. Everything is going well, the only thing is I'm looking at a lot of other results online and I'm starting to wonder if my grafts were spaced a bit too far apart. Of course I'm holding out for at least a year before making any decisions, but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of getting a second FUE to "fill in" a previous hair transplant, while keeping the previously transplanted hairs intact.

It's possible I'm going to fill in the crown one day and maybe even lower the hairline slightly, so this might not be a bad thing to plan ahead for. I'm just not sure if it's even possible. Has anybody heard of this and could link me to any examples?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's up guys.

This is kind of an odd question. I'm fast approaching month 3 after recovering from a hair transplant. Everything is going well, the only thing is I'm looking at a lot of other results online and I'm starting to wonder if my grafts were spaced a bit too far apart. Of course I'm holding out for at least a year before making any decisions, but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of getting a second FUE to "fill in" a previous hair transplant, while keeping the previously transplanted hairs intact.

It's possible I'm going to fill in the crown one day and maybe even lower the hairline slightly, so this might not be a bad thing to plan ahead for. I'm just not sure if it's even possible. Has anybody heard of this and could link me to any examples?

Getting a second FUE or a "top up" is quite common. Wait it out for at least 12 months, 3 months is way too early to tell.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any links to any cases where someone has done this? I can't find anything in my searches.

I don't but it is common - some (the better) surgeons may even do a free top up of say 500 grafts if the results could be better.

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
You may want to consider why your hair transplant doctor gave you the current density. Maybe your donor area has limited graft availability? Maybe he foresees further hair loss and does not want to add density.

You should have gotten an idea of the density about 1 to 2 weeks post op, when all the scabs fell off and you had good view of transplanted hair.

As another poster stated, wait at least 12 months before making any decisions.

Importantly, if the lack of density is because of poor survival rate of grafts, then you should consider another hair transplant doctor for 2nd procedure.

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Like I said in my first post I'm not actively planning a second operation at this very second, just curious what a "top up" even looks like. Unfortunately I couldn't find any results on various forums and nobody here has linked any yet, although I'm told it's relatively common.

Here's me at 10 days right after scab removal.

Attachments

• IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3297.JPG
    IMG_3297.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_3303.JPG
    IMG_3303.JPG