Getting A Hair Transplant Next Sunday (aug 27th)

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've decided to get a hair transplant and after consulting a doctor friend of my uncle's, I've decided to go for 3000 grafts FUE. The doctor roughly drew the area for the transplant today. What do you guys think? Any advice or suggestions?
20170818_165000.jpg
20170818_164935.jpg

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're diffusing through the entire norwood 6 area. This seems like an incredibly stupid mistake to only hit the frontal hairline and do so quite aggresively. Who is the surgeon? What is the overall long term plan for future transplants?

Last edited:

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on finasteride? if you are planning for a second surgery to sort out the midscalp and vertex then i guess this could work.

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're diffusing through the entire norwood 6 area. This seems like an incredibly stupid mistake to only hit the frontal hairline and do so quite aggresively. Who is the surgeon? What is the overall long term plan for future transplants?

Why would it be a mistake? The surgeon is some Indian guy. I don't know his name. I'm meeting him through a proxy. But apparently he's done thousands of transplants. My plan is to get another 3000 grafts after 2 years.

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on finasteride? if you are planning for a second surgery to sort out the midscalp and vertex then i guess this could work.

I was on finasteride for about 1.5 years. I've been off it for 2 months. And yes, I'm planning to get a second surgery done after 2 years.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would it be a mistake? The surgeon is some Indian guy. I don't know his name. I'm meeting him through a proxy. But apparently he's done thousands of transplants. My plan is to get another 3000 grafts after 2 years.

Strongly, strongly recommend against getting a hair transplant SURGERY with "some Indian guy" you don't even know the name of. I can give you a list of 10 top-end surgeons that are probably cheaper, more ethical and ten times more competent than this guy would be.

Don't end up a future repair case. You're not a long way off being slick bald norwood 6 too, either get back on finasteride or you're going to end up with a scraggly low hairline at the front and nothing behind it, looking totally ridiculous.

You'll be thankful you cancelled and went to a proper and ethical surgeon if you do.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the point of having a hairline when you are a diffuse NW6? Spending 3000 grafts on hairline sounds odd.

Last edited:

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Strongly, strongly recommend against getting a hair transplant SURGERY with "some Indian guy" you don't even know the name of. I can give you a list of 10 top-end surgeons that are probably cheaper, more ethical and ten times more competent than this guy would be.

Don't end up a future repair case. You're not a long way off being slick bald norwood 6 too, either get back on finasteride or you're going to end up with a scraggly low hairline at the front and nothing behind it, looking totally ridiculous.

You'll be thankful you cancelled and went to a proper and ethical surgeon if you do.

Dude, calm down. I didn't just randomly end up with him. I consulted another doctor who got a transplant from the same guy. And his results are pretty good.

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did finasteride not help or slow down your hair loss why did you stop taking it?

Finasteride definitely helped me. And it's probably the reason I have some hair on my scalp instead of none. I stopped taking it because I didn't want to be reliant on it anymore. I thought that hair transplants would make it obsolete. I'd prefer not to take it for the next 10 or 20 years of my life.

Big L

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should do a way more conservative hairline. You have bad hairloss and its only going to get worse.
Don't know how old you are but its way too risky to lower your hairline that much when you are clearly diffusing NW5/6.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would it be a mistake? The surgeon is some Indian guy. I don't know his name.

Sounds like you've done your research. Best of luck!

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should do a way more conservative hairline. You have bad hairloss and its only going to get worse.
Don't know how old you are but its way too risky to lower your hairline that much when you are clearly diffusing NW5/6.

I'm 23 and would you mind explaining why I should do a more conservative hairline? Everyone seems to be keen on telling me to do this but not to give reasons as to why.

redpilled

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it looks like you'll end up with a front hairline, but behind it you'll be bald. Basically a horseshoe of hair at the front, bald vertex & crown. Silly question, but that is your plan, right? Fair play to you if that's what you want. To each their own.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 and would you mind explaining why I should do a more conservative hairline? Everyone seems to be keen on telling me to do this but not to give reasons as to why.

You're going to have a low and straight hairline with nothing behind it and it will look completely ridiculous. Chances are you're going to get a sh*t yield from an incompetent doctor too which won't help. No ethical doctor would perform a low hairline FUE on a young NW6 like yourself who isn't on finasteride.

Cancel and do your research or you're going to regret it. You'll be glad you did. You're probably going to end up with your donor destroyed by this unethical Indian doctor and his motorized punch. I promise you you will not get another 3000 FUE grafts in two years because you will have used it up in this initial reckless procedure, most people can't get 6000 FUE grafts, let alone a NW6 who went to an incompetent surgeon they can't even name.

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going to have a low and straight hairline with nothing behind it and it will look completely ridiculous. Chances are you're going to get a sh*t yield from an incompetent doctor too which won't help. No ethical doctor would perform a low hairline FUE on a young NW6 like yourself who isn't on finasteride.

Cancel and do your research or you're going to regret it. You'll be glad you did. You're probably going to end up with your donor destroyed by this unethical Indian doctor and his motorized punch. I promise you you will not get another 3000 FUE grafts in two years because you will have used it up in this initial reckless procedure, most people can't get 6000 FUE grafts, let alone a NW6 who went to an incompetent surgeon they can't even name.

Yeah I guess you're right. I thought perhaps I finally wouldn't have to be bald anymore but it's just too good to be true. f*** my life. I've been bald since 17. Guess it's about time I learned to accept it.