Getting a doctor to perscribe proscar?

falkor

Reaction score
I asume they have rules about doctors perscribing meds for people that don't have the problem(s) that its intended for. So, how do you get the doctor give you a perscription? Do you just explain that you'll cut them up into 5ths? Any help would be cool. Sorry if this question has been asked lots.

G

Just ask. Tell him that you don't have a lot of money and that you'd like him to cut Proscar into quarters. If he balks because he's afraid of insurance problems(insurance companies will pay for Proscar if it's for prostate, not for hair most of the time), then just ask him to write on the prescription "cut each pill into quarters and take 1/4 each day" Then the insurance company will know it's for hair loss and won't cover it, and the doctor should be glad to write you a script for it.

falkor

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice dude (and the peace of mind). Also i live in canada if that makes a diffrence(?) When i first seen the prices of propecia, i though crap, i cant afford to have hair. But proscar looks very do-able. Espically having a generic version only sweetens the deal.hehe Im going tommorow so, hopefully i can get on them and that 1% shampoo thingy.

hairynewyork

Reaction score
If the doctor won't give it to you, can't you just order it yourself from overseas ? I don't know how strict canadian customs is.

As for the 1% shampoo thingy, I assume you mean Nizoral. You can get the 2% shampoo thingy in Canada without a prescription if you prefer that.

allgone

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your non prescription stuff from? I have been using a generic dutasteride from this online pharmacy evopharmacy.com for a year now, and they are cheap and very reliable, are there any other options or should I stick to what I know and what works?

Avodart has been working for me as well

falkor

Reaction score
So if i buy fincar from inhousepharmacy.com i don't need a persciption? Like they don't check at all? it that legal? Could i get into trouble for doing that? Does anyone here from canada buy fincar/proscar online without a perscription? if so where? thanks for the help

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no, u wont get into trouble.