Getting 4500 Fuss w/ Armani April 28th- UPDATED WITH PICS!!!

Reaction score
Haha guys ! You remembered ! Thanks for the support !!!

As you all know, yesterday I had it done !! And I am excited to say the least .. I Got there at 8:30 am. I FINALLY met Shane, he is a real nice guy - answered a few more questions . He said I had great density in the back and would be good for over 7500 grafts.. I still have my crown and top pretty much intact which he said was an excellent sign considering I am 34 yrs old .. I also have ZERO loss on the sides which he said is another terrific sign that I probably won't need anymore work for another 10 to 15 years ..

Okay, now with the good stuff .. Paul ( who was my original consultant) directed me to a room in he back . I had to take my shirt and shoes off and put it in a locker .They give you a white robe to wear and a plastic baggy to wear on your feet over your socks..

He sticks me in a room, I sit down and they prepare the donor area.. Lots of gauze and tape all around your head to hold the remaining hair in place . Armani himself instructs the preparation crew how many grafts will be taken and told them the dimensions of the cut so they know what to shave for prep. After 10 minutes of taping around my head they shave the donor area .. Armani himself then comes in 15 minutes later and he himself does the cutting and the strip after injections to freeze the area..

Armani ALSO DOES THE TRI-CLOSURE method himself.. Yes, he uses triclosure EXCLUSIVELY. I thought I'd mention that since I have seen that question asked before . So now you know . After he pulls the strip they do the triclosure with the staples.. I feel absolutely Nothing at all .. Then, they spend another 5 minutes bandaging the area with gauze and whatnot . It ends up to be very padded , and 3/4 of a inch thick of padding material surrounded by white tape wrapped around there then wrapped around my forehead and around and around . It's pretty tight and they said this was normal to stop the bloodflow for the time being.

Then, the technicians start dissecting the follicles from the strip under microscopes. There were 5 girls doing this.. They are in the same room of the operation however they are behind me with their microscopes so I can't see them ... I am facing the wall with a plasma tv with a choice of about 50 movies.. Also they have cable so if you want to watch music videos, CNN or whatnot you can , you hold the remote

The girls dissecting said I have VERY good density in my donor area, that made me smile . We were set for 4000 grafts, Armani said I didn't need 4500 .. But, BUT I ended up with 4272 grafts because my density in my donor was a high count . Again, gotta smile at that ..

Ok, about an hour later, Armani comes in to do the cutting in the recipient area , the incision part of it .. He's such a great guy to talk to, just a splendid experience .. Ok, he first gives me what seems like 10 freezing injections from an inch above the eyebrows to start up to where the hairline is going to be with more injections, then more injections on both sides (left to right) of the recipient area.. After 3 minutes he makes an incision asking if I feel anything - I said nothing at all . So he was okay to start ..

Well Armani took about an hour and a half making all the incisions. He told me he is taking more time than usual because I still have hair up there and he was cutting around it so it took a little longer. By the way, they shaved the front third of my scalp for this right before Armani came in for the incisions ..

Then, it took about an extra 45 minutes to wait for the girls to finish dissecting the follicles from the strip .. When the girls came in to start placing the follicles in the injected slits, I asked them - "doesn't Armani place the hairs himself ? " They said no, the MOST important part is the incisions, and by those incisions and slits armani cuts, they know the exact direction the hairs should go because every slit has a particular angle to give them the exact placing .. They said, "Don't worry at all, we've been doing this for years, we know exactly what you want - Armani told us everything how you want to have your hairline ( meaning, not too low or linear - I want my results to look like Yuri's results if you remember him) .

Now, the placing of the grafts took much longer than the insicion process Armani did, there are 3 to 4 women placing the grafts, two from behind and one on both sides .. They interchange after every 30 minutes or so . Sometimes one leaves to help with the patient in the other room then comes back.. I always had at least 3 girls at any one time ..

After they were done with this 4 hour or so process, it was 6:30 pm. So the whole operation process lasted from 9:00 to 6:30 for a total of a little over 9 hours .. And let me tell you, the time went by FAST ! I couldn't believe it was 5:00 pm when I saw my watch . But at 5:00 pm I was getting a little antsy and wanted it to be over soon for some reason ..

One of the girls then reiterated I have great density in my donor area .. This was a different girl than the one who told me the same thing that before .. I liked hearing that because two people were in agreement and told me at different times so I know the first girl wasn't just pulling my leg . hehe . Also the extra 272 grafts they didn't expect Armani did not charge me for !!!

After surgery at 6:30 I was told to go to Armani's office .. He gave me a list of post-op instructions .. He gave me drugs like Percocet, Tylenol 3, Drugs to ease the swelling as well as an anti- nausea drug and also 10 pills of VALIUM to help you sleep .. Armani is very genuine and caring .. He also gave me two sets of tupperware in a bag .. That contained Dinner !! The guy gave me dinner . That was a surprise .. He then said, Robert, you are going to look great - you are a superb candidate and I can tell by the work that you will look like that picture I showed him when I was 25 years old , almost a decade ago ..

Now, here comes the hard part - And Armani warned me about this repeatedly .. When alot of patients go home they feel VERY nautious like they want to throw up .. Well, I didnt eat Armani's dinner last night, I will later tonight. But my dad made me homemade chicken soup and a small side of pasta with pesto .. When I ate that I felt so Nautios at about 9pm last night . By the time 11 pm came around I threw up .. I drank a little milk at midnight and in 10 minutes threw that up as wel. I FELT HORRIBLE ! Just sick as a dog, it's kinda like when you go out drinking HEAVILY and come home and the best friend is your toilet, HAHA ! You know that feeling when you close your eyes your spinning ? It's NOT GOOD !!! .. Plus my donor area was burning like crazy because they wrapped the bandage so tight around it ..

I couldn't fall asleep till 3:30am I was so nautious and its so hard to sleep upright ! I usually sleep on my stomach.. Plus, I was so nautious I was getting out of the chair I was sleeping on every 10 minutes from midnight to 3:30 am because I always felt like throw up .. Finally fell asleep but only until 6:30 am .. I felt so bad I was asking myself, "what did I do here with this transplant, will it be like this for weeks ? "

Luckily, when I woke up at 6:30 I felt great. But, after having a light breakfast at 7:00am I felt nautious immediately like the night before and threw up agian .. Felt great after throwing up though .. And, the Only other problem was that throbbing burning feeling in my donor area .. I met Armani this morning at his office at 10am (on Saturday today) for a post op look .. He said every thing looks good. His assistant took off that tight bandage in my donor and put on a much looser feeling bandage after washing the donor area and putting some ointment on it (they give you a tube to take with you) ,, The assistant also washed my recipient area followed by Vitamin E and wraps it up again..

I told Armani about my uncomfortable night to say the least and he said - "don't worry thats totally normal, Everyone gets it. He said "its only the first night because of all the drugs I took yesterday" . He said "trust me Robert, the worst of that is over, you'll feel so much better today ..

I told him I had some cantaloupe, watermelon and a yogurt this morning for a light breakfast and I threw up again at 7am .. He said fruit is bad after a transplant because its way too acidic .. He said for the first few days drink plenty of water an Ginger ale ONLY .. No coffee, no fruit , no orange juice etc ..

Needless to say i had a ginger ale on the drive home ( his office is 20 minutes from my condo) and I truly feel 100% better. I feel like myself.. And now with the much looser fitting gauze and bandaging around my head I barely feel the donor area at all and I took no drugs today whatsoever..

The experience was a delight ( except for the first night at home) , but that horrible night is a distant memory now .. I look in the mirror now and see a HAIRLINE with the front 3rd of my head full of tiny little hairs.. It is euphoric and exciting.. Now I know they will fall out and shed but man its been 10 years since I had any semblance of a hairline .. I am just so glad I got it done and have zero regrets..

I cant say enough about the staff at Armani .. It was a pleasure .. By the way, Alexander who is Shane's assistant took about 10 pictures before my procedure right after I changed into the white robe they give you.. I will post them here once I get ahold of them ..

I will be there once again on Monday at 3:00 pm for another post op consultation with Armani and get the pics up for you guys . I will also have them take pics of my post op pictures .. If I think of anything else I will post here once again ..

Thanks for all your support guys.. I wish you all were in town so I could take you all out to dinner, that's how much support I have received through this .. I actually thought about a few of you while I was doing my procedure.. I am glad to now be officially in the club.. My Genuine thanks guys .. I feel like going to sleep now, with no discomfort

ps - Shane at Armani said he'll email me the pics Monday . Pics of pre and post op surgery will be put up then . thanks

Sincerely,
Robert
AKA - SNB

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Whoot Whoot!

Congratulations! I'm positive you will be happy with your new hair. Armani does some of the best work I have ever seen.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sutured-NotButchered,

How much was the surgery, if I may ask?

Great story and detail!

Thanks!
Tony

Reaction score
Here is a full documentation of my pre and post op pictures of my surgery on Friday .. I was in Armani's office today and Shane was nice enough to post a bunch of pre surgery and post surgery picturess.. Keep in mind my pre surgery pictures were taken with my hair wet.. Not totally soaking wet but about halfway wet ..

Needless to say, I am very VERY happy with the whole experience, MORE than happy .. I have thought about a transplant for a long time and glad I got the best doctor in the business .. There are many detailed and many close up pics of the transplant here in this link .. Read Shane's post for all the picture links in his post , it should be the first post in the thread .. Enjoy - and thanks all for your wonderful support. I thought about quite a few of you while I was in the chair and vomiting later that night (joke) :)

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... TARTPAGE=1

By the way, in my after photos, the swelling is VERY bad, under my eyes are puffy like golf balls and are black.. Also my forehead is about a half inch swollen . So my hairline is alot lower naturally than the after pics show.. After the surgery my hairline in the middle started at 5.75 centimetres above my eyebrows .. Today, because of all the swelling, the hairline is 6.5 cm above my eyebrows .

Thats a big BIG difference of 0.75 cm .. So, when the swelling goes down in about a week, my hairline will be alot lower (but not too low) than the after pics you see here .. Also, my cheeks are very puffy and swollen, so are both sides of my jaw.. Hell, my whole face is a balloon today with the pics Shane took today .. I look like a monster . LOL

In my opinion, this picture shows the best coverage Armani gave me from this angle.. Take a look at this one ...

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... 2Dop%2Ejpg

Also understand, my forehead is out about half an inch protruded here because of the intense swelling, when the swelling goes down at my forehead, the hairline will push down closer to the front naturally, so it will look even better and closer to the front of my face than this picture shows in about a week when swelling goes down .. The human scalp has alot of elasticity to do this as Armani and his assistant told me ..

They said "don't worry, your hairline will be where it was right after surgery at 5.75 above my eyebrows , not the 6.5 cm above my eyebrows it shows here because of the bug swelling on my forehead .. Like I said, 0.75 cm to a hairline / eyebrow ratio makes a HUGE difference .. I am very happy overall and would do it again in a heartbeat. I wish I had done it 2 years ago to be honest .

All the best,
Truly,
SNB

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Simply incredible.

I have no doubt that you will be very happy with your results.

It's too bad your eyes are so swollen.

Please continue to update us.

Mark2006

Reaction score
Looks great. Very kind of you to share. You'll be overjoyed when those grow in! Keep us posted :)

Reaction score
I Just got back from Armani's office at 6 days post op .. I just cannot describe what a 1st class and friendly operation they run there .. Actually, I wouldn't call it an operation per se , Bosley runs an operation .. The people at Armani's office make you feel at home and extremely comfortable.. I cannot describe what a great experience everything has been from the beginning.

I went to get my donor area cleaned by Miguel with saline solution and what not . I called them this afternoon and asked them if they could do it, they said "come on right in" , I was there an hour later in the chair .. .Actually , when I first arrived, Miguel was busy so I had to wait in the waiting area about half an hour to get it cleaned up .. Paul, who was my initial consultant , who is also a great and caring person, sat and talked with me the whole time about many things.. Shane was with someone else but he came in and out of his office and spoke with me at 3 or so minute intervals q few times ( Shane also took many pics of my head today, including close-ups of the tri-closure donor area which he will post soon !! )

After Miguel's cleanup, he said Armani wanted me to see him in his office .. I was in Armani's office for about 20 minutes discussing my results as well as off-topic discussion .. The guy is very genuine, caring in every way , shape and form .. Very charismatic, laid back and shows a genuine interest in the patient in every conceivable way .. I truly believe it is not about money with him .. If it was about money, he'd be charging $ 7 to $10 per graft like Bosley charges not about half of that . And believe me, with Armani's reputation for frontal work, he could get it.. . After getting to know him, he truly doesn't see himself as a hair transplant doctor, he sees himself as an artist.. He views his patients as his pallette for his tremendous skill and artistry ..

I hate to stereotype because I see every human on this planet equally .. But I just have to mention this . I just have to .. I live in Toronto, home of over 850,000 italians and we have 3 distinct Italian neighborhoods in this city .. Only Chicago has more Italians of any major city in North America with over 1 million there .. I have the links to prove this fact ..

Italians are very artistic, they truly care about how they look, they have a sense of style. Go to St.Clair west in Toronto ( one of Toronto italian neighborhoods) and you see clothing and shoe stores lining both sides of the streets.. Intermingled with those stores you find italian restaurants, cafe's , and MANY BARBER SHOPS !

Who makes the best shoes for men ? The best casual AND dress shoes ? That's right, italians do .. Who makes the best suits for men ? Thats right, Italians do . Best looking clothes ? Italians make them .. . After living here for years, I have gained quite a few italian friends, and let me tell you, they care about their hair just as much (if not more) than their clothes .. The best hair salon's and general salon's worldwide are Italian owned . I am talking about the type of salon's movie stars go to in Beverly hills, europe etc etc ..

As the assistants were transplanting my follicles in my head for 4 hours last week, they asked me if I was Italian .. They swore I was italian and said I look italian .. I said no . I then asked them, "why do you ask?" , she said because over "half" of their clients are italian , most of whom travel from italy to get their work done by Armani .. This made me feel comfortable because I know how Italians think .. Italians, are talkers, word of mouth travels quickly with them .. If he is getting so many clients from Italy almost daily, that means there are many many happy patients.. Italians scrutinize about their hair and are perfectionists about it, just like how they dress .. So, who do they go to ? They go to the #1 artist and perfectionist in the world for hair transplantation, Dr Alvi Armani ..

Like I said, I hate to stereotype, but I cannot avoid this fact about the Italian culture.. Armani is Italian, and if you see the way he carries himself, you can clearly see that what I said is evident.. You can see it in the design of his studio all the way down to his hairline artwork to the way he dresses. Everything is first class , top notch all the way, however, the atmosphere is most genuine and not snobby like other high-end looking outlets I have been to in my lifetime. That's the difference, the care and genuineness ..

While speaking to Armani today, he made a great point . He said he designs the hairline so it can be styled in different ways throughout life.. He said, other ( even top) surgeons give a hairline that can only be styled appropriately one way throughout life.. Armani angles his incisions in such a way that a hairline can be styled up, to the left or to the right... THAT"s what sets him apart aside from his incredible and totally undetectable hairlines .. And this is why I chose him .. Years ago, I looked great with my hair parted to the left AND when I put it straight back with kind of like a puff in the front.. Armani gave me this versatility in the future I believe no other transplant Doctor could give me ..

I am so happy with my experience, that I told Dr. Armani today that I would be more than happy to show my results in person (when they nurture) to any prospective client he may have in the future. Since I am local in Toronto, when clients come in for Armani consultations they can meet up with me as well as I am just 15 minutes from his office.. I feel like I owe it to him, that's how happy this whole ordeal has made me .. And I know myself, I will feel the same way many many months from now and won't take my new hair and new youthful look for granted.. I take nothing for granted in life, never have and never will ..

Him, along with Shane and Paul there, have my phone number and I would like to help any hair loss sufferer out there as I have been suffering for years and understand the pain .. And I feel like I owe it to the hairloss community to be of any service I can be .

Armani then asked me if I would like to travel with his team and go to seminars around the world . He truly believes my results will be fantastic .. I was taken aback by that question .. I said, "absolutely" .. To be honest, it would be an honor and a priviledge to do such a thing, knowing I am helping others fight the hairloss fight ..

Shane took additional pictures today of my 6 days post op results.. He also took pics of my donor area with the tri-closure technique Armani is now implementing with all his surgeries. I didn't even ask Shane to take pics, he wanted to .. He said he will be posting them later on in a new thread..

By the way, my swelling has gone down considerably, I just have some black still under my eyes but that is subsiding slowly.. My donor area feels terrific .. I feel terrific .. This whole experience was a blast thus far .. Nothing could get me down, not even the inevitable shedding of transplanted hairs that will take place in a couple of weeks ..

I started a thread 2 months ago here stating I have had enough with this hairloss business and set up a surgery date with Armani for April 28th .. I ended that post by saying - " Armani , please give me my life back" .. Just 6 days post op, he already has as I love how I look in the mirror with just stubbles in the front.. I know how it will eventually grow out and look like....

Sitting in Armani's office today discussing with him everything from the hair transplant industry, talking about his views of how a hairline should be achieved , his countless innovations in the industry, and his vast knowledge about every little detail that comprises this confusing hairloss industry, even talking about my business which he showed a genuine interest in, I truly felt like I was in the presence of sheer greatness ..

Since I have joined this board 2 months ago, I just want to thank everyone for your support.. I received countless private messages of support, post and pre op advice from many members here .. Many many thanks, you are all great here ..

All the best, Sincerely
SNB

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I knew you would be happy with Armani, as is every patient there.

Please continue to update us.

I might be taking a trip to Canada in a few years to visit Armani.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sutured-NotButchered said:
I Just got back from Armani's office at 6 days post op .. [CUT]

You' ve had a great job...great. Thins kind of surgeons offers something that was impossible a few years ago. I think i' m pretty far from a transplant, and if i am lucky i will never need, (i wish to mantain my hair on my head :) ) but this kind of stories really helps to be optimistic.
You are really accurate in telling your story, keep on posting pictures about the evolution of your situation, they help much.
Bye :)

CCS

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Hi,
I really wish the best for you, and screw those women who are "too good" to date a balding men.

f*** them.

That's right. Get hair in front so you can, and have kids with them and a beautiful life. You know you want to. Yeah, Aplunk1 will find a different one who did not yet reject him, just so he can think she would not have done the same. But he'll probably reject an ugly woman too. So she can get face surgery and say "screw him" later, and date one of the other guys on here who has great regrowth and think to herself that that guy never would have turned her down when she was ugly, and she can direct her anger and the other good looking guys who did turn her down.

CCS

Reaction score
wow. that density is incredible. He did 90FU per cm2 in one procedure? I did not know that is even possible. Most doctors only do 30 per procedure, because they say the survival rate is higher. Maybe after I graduate, I'll go to 90 FU per cm2 too if HM is not out yet.

Your hair loss was not even that severe. Mine was much worse before I had my grafts, though it was all in front. I'm surprised women dropped you so fast. I guess hair matters even more than I know.

CCS

Reaction score
I thought I saw it. I guess not. Anyway, it says on Dr Armani's web site that he can do 70-120 grafts per cm2 in one session.

CCS

Reaction score
I think a good reason to go to Dr Armani is he seems to have a lot of experience with low 18 year old hair lines, at least from the pictures. I would not want to go somewhere where all the pics are of guys with a mature hair line, since maybe the Doctor does not know how to do the lower ones. Dr Keene seemed very confident with her ability to do a low hairline, though she does not have many pics of low ones. I'd have to look at her site again. I think she did mine just fine.

The angles take a lot of skill with the low ones, whereas a very high one probably takes a lot less skill.

G

im sorry but i'm just not seeing the brad pitt face lol. not at all.

your grafts will look fantastic though.