GET OFF FINASTERIDE NOW!!!

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are already like 5 threads about this already.

"The company added that "a causal relationship between the use of Propecia or Proscar and continued sexual dysfunction after discontinuation of treatment has not been established,"

"FDA believes that finasteride remains a safe and effective drug for its approved indications"

I don't recall reading the FDA saying anything even close to "only remain on this drug if you are suicidal about hair loss". This warning was based entirely on self submitted reports to the FDA. In fact, there were only 59 cases of individuals who had side effects that lasted more than 3 months after discontinuing finasteride. And of these, there is a good chance the majority cleared up after 6 months or a year.

Even if those 59 cases did not ever clear up, there were about 2 million prescriptions for Propecia in north america since it was released. This means based on the FDA data, your risk of persistent ("permanent") symptoms is approximately 0.003%, or 1 in 33,898.

Sure this is a real risk, and you need to weigh this out before you start or continue to take finasteride. But realize you are 4 times as likely to die in a car accident and almost twice as likely to be murdered in your lifetime than to get permanent side effects if you take Propecia (based on the data the FDA reviewed)

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for this kind of argument and I read the article.. I think it is not what you say suicidal, but instead its just an option if you want to grow your hair... May be it has a bad side effect but it is really proven the effectiveness of this product for hair loss. It is your choice if you want to use the product. But it is really good to know what will be the side effect of the product before you use it.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
You have better odds of dying in a car crash than you do of getting persistant side effects. STOP DRIVING AND RIDING IN CARS NOW!