Gentlemen....

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have in front of me a brand new shippment from Dr Lee, it consists of:

1 bottle of Xandrox 15% (125ml)
2 bottles of Xandrox 5% (65ml)
3 bottles of Minoxidl 5.5% (65ml)
2 bottles of Retinoic Acid 0.025% (60ml)

Okey dokey.......

I am planning on using Xandrox 15 once a day and Xandrox 5 once a day.

The minoxidil is there for the days when I haven't got time for the Xandrox (5 or 15) to dry (the Xandrox I have tried is a little sticky, not as bad as Rogaine, but not as quick drying as Dr Lees Minoxidil)

The only place I can see to squeeze in the Retin-A (Retinoic Acid 0.025%) is before the night time application of Xandrox 15.

Or should I apply the Xandrox 15 in the morning and the Xandrox 5 + Retin-A in the evenings ?

Cheers for any input.

Ty

PS I delibrately bought the Xandox without Retin-A so I could control the amount applied incase my scalp does not like it.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynan, i prefer xandrox 15 in the evenings as it takes time to dry. i apply retin A. wait for 1 hour and then apply for xandrox 15. so far I am able to apply retin A only 2 or three times a week.
i apply xandrox 5 in the morning. it dries within 30 minutes for me. regular minoxidil from Dr. Lee dries faster than that for me.
anytime i apply xandrox 5 or 15 I wash after 2 hours.
i am playing with folligen now and I am confused with its application (before or after or with).

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Tynan, first of all I think you made the right decision buying the retin A seperately. It can actually iritate the scalp quite a bit until you get used to it, and the effects sometimes don't show up until after 2-3 days, so I recommend using it once then waiting a few days to see how you react before applying again.

I don't think it really matters if you use it with the regular Xandrox or Xandrox 15. For me I would use the most cosmetically acceptable one (re how it makes your hair look) in the morning and the other at night.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
i am playing with folligen now and I am confused with its application (before or after or with).

Apply Folligen a few minutes after your Xandrox/minoxidil application (advice given to me by Dr Lee)

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
global said:
I don't think it really matters if you use it with the regular Xandrox or Xandrox 15. For me I would use the most cosmetically acceptable one (re how it makes your hair look) in the morning and the other at night.

cheers Global, I was a little worried that 15% minoxidil + Azelaic acid + Retinoic Acid may be a little too much for my scalp, but I will take it slowly and see what happens.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
> Apply Folligen a few minutes after your Xandrox/minoxidil application (advice given to me by Dr Lee)

Is that the folligen cream, or spray?

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
> Apply Folligen a few minutes after your Xandrox/minoxidil application (advice given to me by Dr Lee)

Is that the folligen cream, or spray?

either

besides copper peptides own benefits, using it after minoxidil means it acts as an occlusion helping the the pentration of the minoxidil.

G

The Retin-A stuff needs to be used at night-time as it makes your skin super-susceptible to sunburn even if you go out in the poor UK climate.

Sunlight will cause the areas you apply the retin-A to, to burn and become sore.

About Retonic Acid

Retin A, Tretinoin and retinoic acids

Currently, the most-studied topical anti-aging treatment is tretinoin (with brands Retin-A, Retin-A Micro, Renova, Avita, or generic). Not to be confused with Roship Seed Oil which appears to have similar effects or Retinol.

Of all retinoids, Retinoic Acid (the active ingredient involved in Retin A and the other substances above) is the only one directly capable of cellular reconstruction. Retinoids are stored by the skin when applied then converted to Retinoic Acid as needed. (The reason why most Retinol products are not very effective is because they don't contain enough Retinol for the skin to convert it to Retinoic Acid.

Higher concentrations of Retinol prove effective though, and are less likely to irritate the skin than Retinoic Acid. For the best anti wrinkle effect, use one of the retinoidwith copper peptide products.)

Retin A

Also known as 'Tretinoin' you need to see your doctor to get Retin-A because the FDA is aware that it it produces significant changes in the structure of the skin. Retin-A was developed many years ago and is often prescribed for acne because it reduces sebum build-up in pores; but a large number of peer-reviewed medical studies done since the early 1980s also show that Retin-A can also improve fine lines, skin texture, and uneven pigmentation. Retin-A may also improve the appearance of large pores and some scars. It is has been shown that tretinoin acts to improve collagen production in the dermis, thicken the epidermis, and smooth the skin surface.

Tretinoin and related chemicals, called retinoids, are some of the most important discoveries in dermatology.

Only one brand of tretinoin cream called Renova can legally be advertised in the USA as a treatment for photoaging, though all forms contain the same active chemical! (a consequence of FDA regulations.) However, doctors can also give you any other brand of tretinoin for, ahem, 'general skin improvement'.

Most of the studies showing skin improvement with tretinoin have been done with a 0.05%-concentration formula. However, many people find that regular 0.05% tretinoin cream initially causes peeling and redness. They often give up on tretinoin because of this. To avoid this possibility, it is best to start out with a tube of 0.01% if you think this might be a problem. It is very important not to use tretinoin during the day because exposure to light, especially sunlight, will decrease its potency. You should apply it at least a half-hour before sleeping so it is fully absorbed.

Don't use retinoids if you are pregnant, or trying to be, and when using Retinoids its even more important than usual to use a total sun block.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
techprof said:

Apply Folligen a few minutes after your Xandrox/minoxidil application (advice given to me by Dr Lee)
thanks Tynan. Dr. Lee gives the same advice for spironolactone 5% cream.
This will improve the efficieny of xandrox/minoxidil adsorption. We know that copper peptides have regrowth and mild dht inhibition properties. Are we getting the best out of folligen by doing this way? Folligen may not completely adsorb if we do it within few minutes.

Just like retin-A can be used as a separate growth agent (Bryan suggests using retin-A separately and using minoxidil few hours before or after) I believe we will get the best results if we give folligen enough time on its own. However, this complicates our application procedure and we will have to keep track of too many things.

Recently, I am using 0.1 ml folligen with Loreal vive for men shampoo/conditioner. It used to irritate my scalp before. Now it does not as I use folligen drops with it. I am not sure how much of copper peptides will get into the scalp if used with a shampoo. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
TynanW said:
besides copper peptides own benefits, using it after minoxidil means it acts as an occlusion helping the the pentration of the minoxidil.

How is it going to get to the scalp on top of the 15%?

hhhmmmmm....not sure about that one, but this is the same issue raised by all combintion regimens.

presumably the Folligen penetrates through the sitting minoxidil/xandrox (just a guess)

....or.....

how about mixing 1ml of Folligen with 1ml of minoxidil/Xandrox and shaking, then applying ?

....or.....

could I mix 1ml of Xandrox 15 with 1ml of Retinoic acid, give it a good shake and apply ?

hhhmmmmmmmm

[scratches head and waits for input]

Cassin

Reaction score
Applying ANY topical on top of 15% is a concern since the stuff really never dries though. Right? Since the topical never truely leaves the scalp exposed once applied.

I am basing this comment solely by user comments since I have never used the compound.

EDIT: I would apply the copper-peptides first.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
TynanW said:

hhhmmmmm....not sure about that one, but this is the same issue raised by all combintion regimens.

presumably the Folligen penetrates through the sitting minoxidil/xandrox (just a guess)

....or.....

how about mixing 1ml of Folligen with 1ml of minoxidil/Xandrox and shaking, then applying ?

....or.....

could I mix 1ml of Xandrox 15 with 1ml of Retinoic acid, give it a good shake and apply ?

hhhmmmmmmmm

[scratches head and waits for input]

tynan 1 ml of minoxidil containing liquid + 1 ml of minoxidil free solution (folligen) will decrease the concentration of minoxidil by 50%

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
tynan 1 ml of minoxidil containing liquid + 1 ml of minoxidil free solution (folligen) will decrease the concentration of minoxidil by 50%

...but you would be putting on twice as much (2ml) so the amount of minoxidil would still be the same.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if we put 2 ml that will be the same. but are we applying the same concentration on a particular spot. I don't know if it matters.
For example do you think that applying 2.5 ml of 2% minoxidil is as good as 1 ml of 5% minoxidil?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Cassin said:
TynanW said:

Really! You'd need something w/ an ethanol base to penetrate that stuff :)

Seriously though - I'd heard somehwere to keep a 3 hour window between folligen and minoxidil. If Dr. Lee says just a few minute window is enough - then that makes my topical regimen all that much easier.

I would think apply the folligen first though - to help increase the xandrox15 absorbtion. (I use the spray) But what the hell, HE's the Doctor :)