Generics question

kel75

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked a million times before but I didn't have the patience to sort through all the posts;

Has anybody had good experience with generic Dutastride of any kind? If so what pharmacy? and how do I know it's the real-deal? any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I just don't wanna pay this massive prices anymore for the real thing.

CCS

Reaction score
aplunk1 used dutas for 8 months. now he is buying gsk avodart at elitenetpharmacy for $60/30. he got good results. go to http://www.inhousepharmacy.com or http://www.unitedpharmacies.com for dutas for $30/30.

I doubt they are fake, but I'm testing some samples soon on some expensive equipment. all of the sites are hosted on servers in other countries, many panama. that just means they don't want to be publically tracked. it does not mean the drugs are made in panama.

CCS

Reaction score
does anyone know what came first, Dutas, Dutagen, or Duprost? They all are Indian generics, and I think they are all just made by different processes under the Indian patent laws.

Does anyone know what companies make them and what the timeline is on them hitting the market?

Oh, and Dr Reddy's Inc and Cipla are very big, competent companies.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Kel,

I've been using generic avodart (dutas) for 9 months and its definatly had a positive effect on my hair... please visit my thread for pics (http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=28295)

I wouldn't recommend inhouse pharmacy as I had lots of problems getting my order off them... took a couple of months and finally had to get a refund as they said they had sent it but I never recieved it.

My dutas comes from http://www.drugdelivery.ca/ and they have been good at supplying it quickly etc, and as you will see from my pics its the real deal.

kel75

Reaction score
Ajax, Thanks for the info. Your pix look awesome. I hope your good fortune continues. I am goin to follow your lead and order from that site. Thanks agian - Kel

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've placed about four orders (dutas and other stuff) through inhouse lately, and each arrived within a week. I know it's a bit hit-or-miss these days though with the customs restrictions and all.

G

i placed an order for dutas from inhouse back in august and it came in 8 days. i was satisfied with the service. and you can't beat the price.

HughJass

Reaction score
kel75 said:
I am sure this has been asked a million times before but I didn't have the patience to sort through all the posts;

Has anybody had good experience with generic Dutastride of any kind? If so what pharmacy? and how do I know it's the real-deal? any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I just don't wanna pay this massive prices anymore for the real thing.

i took united pharmacies dutas for a few years, results were definetly not as good as my initial experiences with genuine GSK avodart. When i doubled my dose of dutas to 1mg every day to try and make up for it, i got really sick. Its cost me some hair now and ive had to go back to the genuine avodart.

Some have had success, some haven't. If you want my advice, buy the genuine stuff and stay away from the generics, they are much easier to forge.

G

aussieavodart said:
kel75 said:
Some have had success, some haven't. If you want my advice, buy the genuine stuff and stay away from the generics, they are much easier to forge.

how are they much easier?

HughJass

Reaction score
every avodart packet has a number on it that can be tracked so you can tell where it came from and where it has been.

just look at the packaging of the generics, they would be much simpler and easier to replicate

non-prescription generic dutasteride sales probably outstrip non-prescription avodart sales, that would be incentive enough to make counterfeits of the generics.

oni

Reaction score
Sorry over 2 years on dutasteride the generic stuff no problems for me.

If you want to make money on counterfeit drugs try making ones that are worth it not $1 a pill lol!

Aussieavodart have you checked the serial numbers on your Avodart?

If I was going to counterfeit a drug I would not use a generic one lol!

I would counterfeit a branded one like Avodart lol! and that would still not be worth it !!!

Try looking too branded drugs for Erectile dysfunction if you want to make money!!!

I would not buy a new machine to make bloody gel filled ones, when I can counterfeit so many branded ones with a basic compressed powder filler type machines lol!

CCS

Reaction score
i know for a fact that the generic pills, both finasteride and dutasteride, are not blanks. there is something in there that is picking up UV light, which only aromatic compounds do, and none of the classic inactive ingredients are aromatic. Futhermore, the fincar sample I looked looks just like the proscar samples I have with the UV spectrum. Also, the dutasteride samples look similar but differenet. I don't yet have enough information to prove that the dutasteride pills don't have finasteride in them, but who making fakes would have the ability to buy pure finasteride in bulk, not in pills, and put it in the dutasteride capsules. Would that not be expensive? Also, though there are spikes covering much of the detail, the amount of absorption in the pills was about the right amount, comparing the dutasteride samples to the avodart samples. And the good graphs all looked the same. So if there is dutasteride in there, it is not at a lower dose, but the same dose. If anyone is faking this stuff, they are going through plenty of trouble to make it look legit when it would take months or even a year before someone knew it was fake.

As for v****, people would know right away if it were fake.

G

college why woiuld someone make the pills fake and put in all that effort when dutasteride is so cheap to begin with in india? you can get a 10 pack for 3 dollars in bangalore.

i really think it has something to do with the different process indian manufacturers are required to use in making the dutas.

they can use the same process as merck does for propecia and proscar though since the patent has expired. maybe thats why those look similar.

HughJass

Reaction score
oni said:
Sorry over 2 years on dutasteride the generic stuff no problems for me.

you were obviously lucky

oni said:
If I was going to counterfeit a drug I would not use a generic one lol!

wouldnt you counterfeit the drugs that were selling more? Whats the point in counterfeiting genuine avodart when people who buy without a prescription probably buy dutas more than they buy the genuine stuff. Take a look around on most the discussion boards, including this one, more people are on generic's than genuine avodart.

oni said:
I would not buy a new machine to make bloody gel filled ones, when I can counterfeit so many branded ones with a basic compressed powder filler type machines lol!

you may not, but does that mean the online pharmacies wont?

I still have some dutas left over from the batch that caused me problems, im going to ask college if i can send a couple over to him, im very interested to know what they contain.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I've communicated with a very large pharma company. Can't say the name but I asked about fake manufacturing, counterfeiting, etc. I can't say the name because I told them any info. they gave me would be off the record.

The pros indicated it is FAR more likely that fake non-generic drugs are produced by crooks because they command a much higher price.

The pros said it is possible that Indian drugs might be counterfeit but the chances are much smaller because the real Indian drug can be purchased cheaply and marked up adequately.

Buying the non-generic brands from "middle men" is where you would find the most counterfeiting. Makes sense and this came from the pros.

They stated that most large pharma companies are forming subsidiaries in India and/or closely located countries for penetration into that geographical market.

I asked if it was also for cheaper labor and they said, partly but mainly for market penetration.

Here's a classic example of this:
http://www.valuenotes.com/krc/apr1801.asp?ArtCd=27018

So the negative opinions about buying Indian generics is absolute hogwash IMHO.

HughJass

Reaction score
There is no logic to that argument:

Firstly, we're talking about A product, not product(s)

Its a product that has a pretty narrow market, its expensive to buy when your taking it for off-label purposes and people are more likely to be going for the cheaper stuff if it is available...so why the hell would you produce a copy of the stuff that isnt really going to sell as much!!!!

if the genuine stuff was at lower prices that would guarentee sales that would make forgeries worthwhile, then yeah, it would be worth forging a genuine product, but why go to the trouble of forging a product that sells for a typically higher price that most people are going to turn their nose up at anyway after they have seen that there is the same product (generic version) right next to it at half the price which they 'believe' (ie hope and pray) is just as good as the original?

And secondly, you got that information from a drug company, since when have their opinions on anything been worth listening to? Half of their reasoning isnt even based on science, its based on sales figures and market exploitation coupled with ruthlessly effective advertising campaigns. They lie to people all the time, they lie about their drugs not being addictive, they lie about what the drugs do to people, they call the bad effects their drugs have on people 'side effects' while they rape the bank accounts of the sick and suffering.

And thirdly, dutas from united pharmacies made me sick! im not making that up because ive got nothing better to do, and i dont doubt that there are people out there that have responded well to the generics, but we have absolutly no way of knowing whether or not every batch is the real deal. These internet pharmacies seem to knock out all manner of stuff, they look dodgy and there is a tonne of them, who knows if they can even be held accountable for anything they sell?? These are pharmacuticals being obtained without a prescription, for purposes that they were not originally designed for- we are all taking risks here, we have to do what we can to minimise these risks.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I know for certain that some of the other drugs I've received from inhouse are the real thing, as the effects are obvious and unambiguous.

That doesn't mean inhouse isn't being scammed by their suppliers, but still... it's encouraging.

Still, I'm paranoid enough about it to be taking Propecia AND Dutas for now.

oni

Reaction score
My Dutagen have batch numbers lol!

Aussieavodart says he has logic lol!

You have not checked the numbers on your Avodart have you aussieavodart so how do you know they are real?

I have checked the batch numbers on my Dutagen packets and they are real well the batch numbers are lol!

So the numbers on your packets aussieavodart are they unique to each packet? if not they are not much better than my batch numbers lol!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Aussie: Breathe deeply, exhale, breathe deeply, exhale....

If I was going to counterfeit a drug, I'd counterfeit the non-generic named brand. I didn't understand your rant very well.

ALOT of people choose to buy a non-generic drug because they feel assured they are getting the real thing. Come on, you've never read posts or heard people say they favor non-generics? :shock:

I mean Hairwegoagain (sp?) says he won't buy Indian generics because the people making the medicine don't wash their hands and get fecal matter into the mix. There are alot of people like Hair who feel non-generics are the ONLY way to go.

There's more money to be made by counterfeiting a non-generic drug that sells for about a guzillion times more than the same generic drug.

Although, I do agree with you that alot of people look to the cheaper generics because the non-generics cost so much. So maybe counterfeiting the generics in that situation could make the crooks a quick buck also. You make a good point on that one.

I have read articles by the FDA and World Health Organization stating most counterfeit drugs are the expensive, name brand non-generic drugs. I hope they're not lying also!

You say all drug companies are lying, cheating, scum bags. Well at least Glaxo, for example, didn't lie when they said they invented dutasteride. Same for Merck with finasteride. :wink:

But I will admit they do charge outrageous prices.

HughJass

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
ALOT of people choose to buy a non-generic drug because they feel assured they are getting the real thing. Come on, you've never read posts or heard people say they favor non-generics? :shock:

they may not favour them, but when money is an issue then which one are you going to pick?

Old Baldy said:
Although, I do agree with you that alot of people look to the cheaper generics because the non-generics cost so much. So maybe counterfeiting the generics in that situation could make the crooks a quick buck also. You make a good point on that one.

so basically, you agree with me and my 'rant' :lol:

Old Baldy said:
I have read articles by the FDA and World Health Organization stating most counterfeit drugs are the expensive, name brand non-generic drugs. I hope they're not lying also!

'most' doesnt mean 'all'. We're talking about one specific drug here.

Old Baldy said:
You say all drug companies are lying, cheating, scum bags. Well at least Glaxo, for example, didn't lie when they said they invented dutasteride. Same for Merck with finasteride. :wink:

i didnt say they lied about when it came time to announce to the world that they have just invented a new drug, i said they lied about things like side effects, efficacy and the science behind their drugs!