Generic minoxidil 3ml 5% twice daily

sunray73

Reaction score
To all of those who haven't responded well to just 1ml 5% once or twice daily, here's a suggestion... try simply adding some more! I've never been such a good responder to minoxidil. For the last 5 or so years it's been more of a losing battle. I tried a little experiment and had some awesome results so far. I started by just doubling the dosage (2ml 5% twice daily) for a month or two and saw my hair was really starting to grow in much much stronger. For the past month I've went up to 3ml 5% twice daily and my hair is seriously getting thicker. I'm going to follow up with some pics in a little bit but to all of those that are struggling.. I would suggest trying something as simple as adding more to your regimen before throwing money away on 15% solutions(I had tried several in the past and had little real regrowth).

bighurt

Reaction score
interesting. well that is definitely something to keep in mind. i switched to Xandrox 15+ almost four months ago and it's been horrible for me so far. if things haven't improved by the time my current bottle runs out (another 6 weeks or so), i may well try this. the 5% minoxidil (1mL, 2x/day) always seemed to help me keep from losing too much, but it's mostly been a dragged-out losing battle (thus the switch to 15%).

keep us updated dude

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth a try for someone that is not responding. I know i used
about that much or more when I first started. I think minoxidil is very dose
sensitive.