generic finasteride

jochen73

Reaction score
hi everybody,
i just got my order from: generics-online-pharmacy.com

It's generic Finasteride, but it came without any package-note, description and neither any name on it. only the strips with the pills in it. on the back of the strips it's the following printing:

Finasteride Tablets U.S.P. 1mg
B.No. 861005
MFD. NOV 05
EXP. OCT 08

I was sceptical, because i thought they were made in india by CIPLA - but couldn't find any company-name on it, so i wrote to generics-online-pharmacy for some info. Here is their answer:

"Hello,
the tablets are re-exported via the UK and Austria and are manufactured in India by a local FDA licensed company. The brand name is ALOFIN, it is exactly the same as Propecia 1mg, ie. the active ingredient is Finasteride 1mg/tab."

Did anybody order there before, or know them? Do you think they are real? I couldn't find ALOFIN on the net. And i couldn't find anything about them in the FDA- Database. What do you guys think? Save to take them?

Current status of my reg.: on propecia since Oct 05 plus nizoral 3 times a week. No change really. Somedays i think that there are less hairs in the shower, but next day my count is around 100 again. it's too early to tell, so i'm not posting as long there are no changes. only reading and checking the success-stories in the forum and motivate myself with the good ones :)

jochen73

Reaction score
hi aplunk,
i know, that's why i'm asking if anybody ordered there already.

maybe i should bring one of the tablets to a pharmacy or something to check and analyse them, do you think that's possible?

greez

Britannia

Reaction score
Im a fan of generic medication, but Ive never heard of ALOFIN. Why not stick with Cipla's Finpecia? Its cheap and widely available.

buddahfunk

Reaction score
Inhousepharmacy

Hey, got my generic finasteride from inhousepharmacy.com On the strips it says CIPLA and although it's I've only been on the stuff 1 month... I think I'm noticing less shedding.... Inhouse is really cheap too... cost me about 200 for 360 pills

jochen73

Reaction score
yes, i know inhousepharmacy is cheap. but i don't have credit card and they do only accept credit card payment, right?

still couldn't find anything about ALOFIN. but the price at generic-online-pharmacy.com was unbeatable:
500 finasteride. tablets for around 250,- Euro!

could somebody check them or their site and let me know his opinion?

thaaaaaanx.

buddahfunk

Reaction score
Hope it works

I hope it works for you.... I just know it would suck to waste time with a bogus product...

time tells everything

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Inhousepharmacy

buddahfunk said:
Hey, got my generic finasteride from inhousepharmacy.com On the strips it says CIPLA and although it's I've only been on the stuff 1 month... I think I'm noticing less shedding.... Inhouse is really cheap too... cost me about 200 for 360 pills

Buy my stuff from them as well. Good service. Takes just as long as they say it will to ship as well. So if you have a large shipment it will take longer. Which really did'nt make much sense though cause the shipment of 30 pills that I first ordered took 7 days to be delivered and the second order of 90 day supply of pills took 14 days. They both came in the exact same type of small cardboard box. :roll: Oh well as long as I get what I ordered. I'm happy with there service. I have been on it almost a month now as well. How are your results so far? I think I can see these really fine hairs on the crown of my head. Look like baby hair or something?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
This is the danger of ordering pills off of the internet to avoid seeing a doctor and/or to save money. There are those who think some generic brands of finasteride are fine and some probably are. However, there is absolutely no doubt that you're getting the bona-fide article when you get a prescription from your doctor and have it filled at a local drugstore or pharmacy. That makes for great peace of mind. Messing with stuff that is of Third World origin, changing hands multiple times in multiple countries in between, and arriving in strips in an unmarked box or envelope is for the birds - at least in my book.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.cipla.com/admin.php?mode=pro ... isp&id=423
I would have to agree with you about buying stuff on the internet. But the way the stuff is packaged it looks like the real deal too me. I hope. :roll: So I will continue to buy from inhousepharmacy. But to each his own, when it comes to buying there medication for male pattern baldness. In my previous message I forgot to mention it came in a plastic type letter like I get when I get my asthma medicine that I get from here in the US.

jochen73

Reaction score
Did anybody check their website already?

http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com

I agree to all of you that it's always a risk to order some generics from sources we don't know. But it's also good when we make our experiences (good and bad), so we can share this to our community here. And if we find bogus-companies we should post them, so the rest of the family here is avoid :)

jochen

jochen73

Reaction score
by the way: they sent me another email, here it goes...

"it is a newly registered brand, the manufacturer is Arihant Pharma in India. It is approved to import into EU to UK from where we dispense it usually from Austria."

i'm more sceptical than ever. but intrested if they are really trying to rip me off. I'm a little Sherlock Holmes in that way ;-)... so I sent an email to ARIHANT PHARMA, which really exists and asked them if they know the mentioned online-pharmacy and if they are a one of their customers. and also asked them about the finasteride product, and about the fda-database-registry.... it's getting thrilling :))))

hairwegoagain...bro, i'm not stupid and no kid anymore. i'm still on the original propecia right now and didn't take any of the mysteric pills so far. and of course i went to the doctor and have prescriptions. that should be the first step for everybody before beginning a treatment like this.

cheers

Britannia

Reaction score
jochen73 said:
by the way: they sent me another email, here it goes...

"it is a newly registered brand, the manufacturer is Arihant Pharma in India. It is approved to import into EU to UK from where we dispense it usually from Austria."

Approved by who? It isnt in the BNF.

johnny000

Reaction score
woooaaaaaaaa. hey iv got EXACTLY the same tablets. yeah i was bit worried about the packaging aswell but didnt think too much of it.

pretty concerned now.

Im from the UK btw if it makes any difference. Not too sure of reliable sources over here, plus money is a bit of an issue as im a student.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I just went to see a Dermatologist in my area today 3-1-2006 and he pretty much told me to keep taking the Cipla Finpecia. I said I wanted to get a prescription to the drug in case that customs seized any of my Finpecia orders. He told me to buy Finasteride from a place close to my town. It's like he did'nt even want to write out the prescription at all for me. :? I was very concerned with all the seizures and did'nt want to go through any hassels with US customs. So he wrote me out a perscription for 5mg Finasteride and told me to cut the pills with a pill cutter into 5 pieces. The Dermatologist said I could get the pills cheaper if I went this route then to go through the online pharmacies.

johnny000

Reaction score
Thats good to hear. Yeah over here i dont think we have any regulations on finasteride medication. Iv never had any problems except paying about 20 pounds tax or sumthing.

Even so i thought they looked relatively safe and seem legit, and are cheaper than alot of other places.