Generic Finasteride Questions

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase finasteride and united pharmacies.com sells many generic types of propecia and proscar, most 50% cheaper. Some nclude Prosmin made by Biotenk in Argentina (Proscar),Finast, Finax, and Fistide. Are these just the same as the real deal or am I missing something? Is this a good way to go? Thanks ..... Also, how long does a 100 mL of Nizoral typically last for?

grtt

Reaction score
Well,
From my research, they sell the cheapest finasteride that can be found on the net.
However some folks have doubts whether this is the real stuff or not.
Well IMHO as their generic drugs, made in India or in Argentina, contain the same active ingredient, should do the job.
I have ordered my finasteride from populargenerics.com but as I found out that united pharmacies have cheaper prices I've ordered some from them too, as a matter of fact I've ordered both Finpecia and Finax just to give them a try and I'm waiting for them to arrive.
Normally Nizoral should last a month or so, if you use it 3 times a week.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I just switched from Propecia to generic propecia. I bought generics from 2 different sites, both appear to be identical, like they came from the same factory. So far I can't tell the generic is any different. I still have a mild testicular ache and scalp feels sensitive just like when I was on the regular propecia. I'm worried too the generics could be inferior, but so far I can't tell a difference.

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
is everybody a high roller here and only on name brand finasteride? Cmon please post feedback if you are taking generics.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
I take fincar, bought from inhouspharmacy.co.uk Only been on it for 2 months but it seems to legit. Sheading increased and in the first week I kept getting ball aches but it seems all good now.

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
Bert said:
I take fincar, bought from inhouspharmacy.co.uk Only been on it for 2 months but it seems to legit. Sheading increased and in the first week I kept getting ball aches but it seems all good now.

cool good to hear. BTW, you made AWESOME progress, most notably the back. you are almost full again to the general public.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
doubleplay said:
Bert said:

cool good to hear. BTW, you made AWESOME progress, most notably the back. you are almost full again to the general public.

Thanks very much, all those photos are just with regaine though. I started finasteride 2 months ago but it all seems to be good hopefully it will help to thicken it up over all.

BillRR

Reaction score
re; generic

my opinion is that splitting the 5mg Proscar tablets works out to less than $100/year, so one would be foolish to buy 3rd world 'generics' given the low price of the brand name. If the price were alot higher I might consider such generics if there were some third party testing of the product.

albertwas

Reaction score
Re: re; generic

BillRR said:
my opinion is that splitting the 5mg Proscar tablets works out to less than $100/year, so one would be foolish to buy 3rd world 'generics' given the low price of the brand name. If the price were alot higher I might consider such generics if there were some third party testing of the product.

Where are you finding Merck Proscar for so little money? So far the places I've tried are about $105 per 30 tablets.

SadPanda

Reaction score
I just recieved an order of 5mg Proscar from propecia-discount.com. The box looks completely legit, with the Merck Sharp & Dohme name and logo, a "lot" number and everything (although it does say "Finasterida" instead of "Finasteride"). The back of the blister pack even says MSD and has their logo. However, the pills themselves look nothing like the blue apple shape of normal Proscar.

Instead, they are plain white round, unmarked pills. I am pretty suspect of these things. They came from a pharmacy in Brazil and I suppose they could be Merck generic, but the box doesn't indicate anything like that. Naturally, no one at the website has responded to e-mails.

Does anyone else have experience with these plain white "Proscar" pills or with propecia-discount.com?

I think I got hosed.