Generic Dutasteride Vs Avodart- Any Efficacy Issues?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oh, ok, my mistake ... i don't buy it online ... I'll just go to my local pharmacy and get it...

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Feelsbadman.jpg @sonnytle So to recap this thread...there are no currently manufactured generics that you have used and found to be as efficacious as Avodart? I'd like to bump up my dosage but Avodart pills are ~$7 each.

I've never used Avodart. Only Camber dutasteride from Costco which is like $36 for 90. It has been working for me. Hair is better than it was on 4 years of generic finasteride after just 2 1/2 months. I'm not sure why Camber dutasteride has such a bad rep here but it's actually manufactured in the US by Ascent pharmaceuticals in Central Islip, NY. It also has the exact same inactive ingredients as Avodart.

I have ordered Glaxosmithkline Avodart from inhouse (made in Turkey) but have not tried it for a continuous time period to find out if it is more "effective" than the Camber dutasteride but I believe it is the same as avodart made anywhere else as Glaxosmithkline is the manufacturer. This is the cheapest genuine Avodart I have been able to find.

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad I ordered Brand name instead of Generic. Why is it so expensive in the US? I had to pay $60CAD for 30 pills. Still expensive but way cheaper than what you all have to pay. Seems like the opposite for finasteride, Cheaper in the US but expensive in Canada

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am having the same issue as others on this thread. My pharmacy started giving me generic Dutasteride. Didn’t think anything of it at first but my hair has taken a huge hit over the past 6 months since. Generic dutasteride is $25 versus $200 for brand name avodart. I am going to pay the bucks and go back on brand name. Hoping I can gain back my lost ground. Oddly though I just got my dht levels tested and they are still low at 10. I’m wondering if there are some other inactive ingredients in the brand name avodart which make a difference.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way my generic dutasteride was from strides pharma.

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am having the same issue as others on this thread. My pharmacy started giving me generic Dutasteride. Didn’t think anything of it at first but my hair has taken a huge hit over the past 6 months since. Generic dutasteride is $25 versus $200 for brand name avodart. I am going to pay the bucks and go back on brand name. Hoping I can gain back my lost ground. Oddly though I just got my dht levels tested and they are still low at 10. I’m wondering if there are some other inactive ingredients in the brand name avodart which make a difference.

What were your results like on Avodart? For sure switchback, maybe try going 3 times a week Avodart and see if it's the same as ED. You could save some money that way. But if you have the money, just use it to keep your hair.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My results were good. Had been on finasteride for 10 years prior to switching to dutasteride. I felt like I maintained and even grew a little back on dutasteride. Hoping I can get back what I lost before going on generic.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed last month my dutasteride manufacturer got switched yet again. To a manufacturer named Epic. Anybody have any good or bad experience with this one? Like one poster said they constantly switch manufacturers which can’t be good.

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed last month my dutasteride manufacturer got switched yet again. To a manufacturer named Epic. Anybody have any good or bad experience with this one? Like one poster said they constantly switch manufacturers which can’t be good.
As i've said before, Breckenridge was the only generic brand that worked for me, and it worked great! Wish they were still around. I have tried Camber, Amneal, Epic...started Stride but then trashed them and got Avodart. After reading your post i'm glad i did. Camber was the worse!

I've been on Avodart for almost 5 months now and my hair is coming back. Just wish the price in US was cheaper. I also bought some from inhouse pharmacy (much cheaper) but they're stored away...not sure if they're legit.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got brand name avodart. It is much more expensive. But wish I would have made the switch earlier. Really hoping I can recover what I have lost over past year. Did you recover all you lost after going back on brand name avodart? And if so how long did it take?

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're getting your serum DHT levels checked and it shows the dutasteride is working...how are you sure the rest is not just in your imagination?

Seems like a more reliable indicator of a drug's efficacy than how your hair looks which can be pretty subjective based on a whole bunch of things.

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got brand name avodart. It is much more expensive. But wish I would have made the switch earlier. Really hoping I can recover what I have lost over past year. Did you recover all you lost after going back on brand name avodart? And if so how long did it take?
I started out with Breckenridge (after no results with Propecia) and my hair got thicker at 9 months...very noticeable. It continued until one day it started thinning again (below baseline) so I asked Costco to print out my history and saw they had switched me to Camber 6 months back. Got on Breckenridge again and saw improvement after 4 months. After that, Breckenridge discontinued their dutasteride so I had to try those other generics. I was thinking maybe it was just Camber and also because Avodart was so expensive. Sure enough my hair started to lose density again...I finally had enough and shelled out the money for Avodart. I saw improvement after 4 months. For me, it took 9 months to see a big improvement on Breckenridge so i'm pretty confident to see the same with Avodart at month 9.

That's what i experienced...

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• dutasteride.png
    dutasteride.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 245

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How could you guys not get any sides while on dutasteride avodart? I ve been on this drug for 9 months now I wanna kill myself That is how I feel.A lot of people on this forum are very low IQ I believe.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which sides did you get bro while on avodart?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using generic since last november since it's a bit cheaper, current bran is creo pharma, never had any problems. If my financial situation improved i might just spend the extra cash on glaxo but right now im fine with generic.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using generic since last november since it's a bit cheaper, current bran is creo pharma, never had any problems. If my financial situation improved i might just spend the extra cash on glaxo but right now im fine with generic.
how long have you been using this drug? Any drive for life loss? any energy loss? fatigue?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How was your results? did you gain any ground on the crown?