Generic Dutasteride Vs Avodart- Any Efficacy Issues?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I paid $602 for three bottles and that's with GoodRx. I'm willing to keep paying that for hair. Wish Breckenridge hadn't discontinued. I'll let you know what GSK says.

You can get Glaxosmithkline Avodart from Turkey much cheaper. It's like $88.00 for 90.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bottle I just got from Camber has capsules with powder in it.

I just found out from my pharmacy that avodart is being discontinued so supplies will start drying up.

My pharmacy ordered Avo and claimed there were about 35 bottles (30 count) left in the US. 215$ per bottle

Which pharmacy do you use? They don't sound reliable.

Camber dutasteride is a gel cap, not a powder. It's right on their website. Does it have AT131 printed on the capsule?
http://camberpharma.com/products/dutasteride-314

They may have given you the wrong drug. I would find a new pharmacy.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This makes no sense and I don't believe it. Maybe they mean a certain brand of generic but the actual brand name, I will only believe it when I see it.
You don't believe that drug companies stop manufacturing brand when the market is saturated by cheap generics?

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m in the US. The discontinuation should apply to all states. GSK overseas may still continue to make it, not sure.
Please do let me know what you find out. My pharmacy ordered Avo and claimed there were about 35 bottles (30 count) left in the US. 215$ per bottle
So I emailed GSK yesterday asking if Avodart was being discontinued and got this reply this morning:

"Thank you for contacting GSK.
At this time, we do not have any information to offer with regard to your specific request.

If you have further questions concerning GSK or our products, please contact our Response Center at 888-825-5249 during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. (Eastern Time)."
I then called the phone number provided and was told there are no plans to discontinue Avodart...Yay! I guess i'll have to keep paying for it now :(

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't believe that drug companies stop manufacturing brand when the market is saturated by cheap generics?

No. To manufacture the drug cost very little in comparison to the research put into development and getting the drug through the lengthy FDA trials. That is why it makes no sense to discontinue the drug. The cost has already been paid. People still buy (at $200 a bottle) and use Avodart, even with generics, and the cost to manufacture is similar to generics. So it is in GSK's best interest to continue to manufacture the drug because it is profitable to do so.

Also, I emailed GSK and got a response. No discontinuation of Avodart. Either you are trolling, or your pharmacy is really sketchy. If you are not a troll, find another pharmacy asap.

GSK.PNG

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. To manufacture the drug cost very little in comparison to the research put into development and getting the drug through the lengthy FDA trials. That is why it makes no sense to discontinue the drug. The cost has already been paid. People still buy (at $200 a bottle) and use Avodart, even with generics, and the cost to manufacture is similar to generics. So it is in GSK's best interest to continue to manufacture the drug because it is profitable to do so.

Also, I emailed GSK and got a response. No discontinuation of Avodart. Either you are trolling, or your pharmacy is really sketchy. If you are not a troll, find another pharmacy asap.

View attachment 120596
Appreciate you both checking.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on duta for 18 months and from my experience, generic duta is less effective.. Switched two times from brand to generic and will never do it again!

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on duta for 18 months and from my experience, generic duta is less effective.. Switched two times from brand to generic and will never do it again!
I'm paying too much for avodart. Where are you getting your's and how much?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I have heard from numerous sources that generic dustas is sh*t compared to Avodart. Was your generic Camber Pharma by chance?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I have heard from numerous sources that generic dustas is sh*t compared to Avodart. Was your generic Camber Pharma by chance?

Nah. I buy it from my local pharmacy and here we don't that particular 'brand' of generic ... With spironolactone I feel the same way, the generic seems less effective.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 120596
@Feelsbadman.jpg @sonnytle So to recap this thread...there are no currently manufactured generics that you have used and found to be as efficacious as Avodart? I'd like to bump up my dosage but Avodart pills are ~$7 each.

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Feelsbadman.jpg @sonnytle So to recap this thread...there are no currently manufactured generics that you have used and found to be as efficacious as Avodart? I'd like to bump up my dosage but Avodart pills are ~$7 each.
Breckenridge pharma generic was very effective sadly they discontinued their dutasteride. Avodart is expensive af but i can't take anymore chances with the current generic manufacturers. I recently purchased some avodart from Inhouse but will end up stashing them away and buying them locally.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

wow..... i buy 60 pills of the real stuff for about $38... $7 per pill is just ridiculous ...wtf

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow..... i buy 60 pills of the real stuff for about $38... $7 per pill is just ridiculous ...wtf
man, that's legit brand avodart (GSK)??? Not sure how an online pharmacy would sell brand drug so cheap.